Reviews for The Punchline
Jellybean06 chapter 1 . 9/1/2009
Yay happy ending! I usually avoid stories where sakura is with naruto or sasuke (aka non narusasunaru stories) but you write so splendidly that I couldn't keep away. Your characterizations are wonderful, and you manage to change the tone of your writing just so to fit each character.

Brilliant. Thanks for sharing!
Idiots-Rule-The-World chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
absolutly lurved it!
icyhiei chapter 1 . 8/4/2008
This was good, sad; but it worked out. I'm glad. You write very well- it's poignent.
evilteddybear chapter 1 . 6/10/2008
Has anyone told you you rock recently? You're good at writing and character-analyzation/psychology/understanding-people. (That was so grammatically incorrect of me.)

To be able to present your understanding of the characters and their actions in such a way as to properly illustrate, evoke emotions in your audience, and clearly convey your point is nothing short of amazing. (Also bad grammar...which you had none of.)

I've read your "Coming Home Series" as well as the short of Itachi explaining his lack of explanation of the clans murders, and both are brilliant. I've found much to add to my favorites list and C2 Group.

The only critique I can truly give is that I wish you would focus on the more positive aspects of human nature every once in a while. You have such power to evoke emotion and stimulate thought, so how about trying to maybe lift your audience's mood every now and again?

I very strongly encourage you to keep writing. You have a great deal of talent and skill, it would be a shame to never fully explore it. I would love to see you try even more detailed one-shots fully illustrating the character's actions and reactions. Thinking of what you could achieve with a multi-chapter fic using a linear timeline...it's really exciting! :D

Well thank you for your time and effort! I'm off to check out more of your fics and maybe your favorites list. XD Have fun, okay?
DREAMER1389 chapter 1 . 8/1/2007
I really enjoyed this. I have the hardest time picturing what Naruto's thought process is while writing, I mean while keeping him canon and everything. I think you may just have captured him.

Just the way you wrote his manner of thinking about the serious issues in the story made me try to pair up that style of thinking with scenes in the Anime and I could see it working. Particularly in the latest season.

"He's got.. whatchamacalit... perspective. - He loves her to bits, and he loves this village.. and with so much love in the air, Naruto can't understand how anyone could be a big grump this morning."

"Naruto worries like hell, under his smiling face. Because this isn't supposed to happen.-Sasuke seems to be.. well.. drowning. In the bottle, or whatever. Naruto doesn't know the details. Sakura can't tell him, it's patient confidentiality stuff. - And that's not supposed to happen.- It won't happen. Naruto isn't going to let it happen."

I think they show Naruto's style of thinking, he doesn't really take time to analyse, he just figures what's right and wrong and deals with it to change things to how they're supposed to be...

By the way, my favorite line:

-"Valley of the End, fucker." Naruto reminds him, smirking.-

I really liked the banter between the two. I can see Sasuke analyzing his life and coming up with the idea that his life is some great cosmic tragedy while Naruto sits there like "What the hell?", gets fed up and decides his friend needs to have sense beat into him.

Plus, although I don't think he realizes it, Naruto probably would have to be somewhat philosphical, I mean to make connections between himself and every angst-ridden character in the series.
dreamlifter chapter 1 . 7/25/2007
Awesome awesome awesome trilogy. Amazing work!

no complaints, nothing. everything went full circle and flowed very well. this was the strongest of the three.

Great fun to read!
sassafrasss chapter 1 . 5/7/2007
God, It's so beautiful, the way you can watch Sasuke get better, and the optomistic-ness-ness from Naruto's POV. Its puts a smile on my face at the end when Sasuke tells him to shut up. Everything seems to be normal again.
seaweed chapter 1 . 4/30/2007
It might have seemed a little weird at the beginning (like 'what the heck is going on? What is being said and what's not? - or - when the heck the time changed?), but after you reach one point then everythings clearer; and to tell you the truth I really liked it.

Sasuke's insecurity and self-distruction, Sakura's short tempered attitude that (for once) does not aim just Naruto and finally Naruto himself, who no matter how bad things look and no matter how hopeless the situation is, won't just give up! At the end he does proves one more time that whoever insists wins.
asagoro chapter 1 . 4/22/2007
more people need to review this!

this is such a great story!

keep writing, i want to see more from you! _
Illucida chapter 1 . 4/16/2007
This was very good, and made me very happy. Great job.
Ane S. Thesia chapter 1 . 4/6/2007
Bwe~ This update was lost amongst my list of stuff to read, I almost missed out on it!

To comment on all three stories together, I just wanna say that you really captured all of their separate points of view *so well*- I loved them all! I felt the most emotion with Sakura's, of course, because she's the most clinical of them all about emotions and the easiest to relate to. But this one, Naruto's POV, shined a different kind of light on the entire episode. It was sad in it's own right, but his ultimate ability to stay positive kept it up-beat and added a nice touch as an ending piece. _

I've said it before and I'll say it again- I really like the flow of your writing and your style. The second-to-second kind of, uh, stream of thoughts, metaphors... thing. I'm sure there's an appropriate word for it but it's just not registering in ma' brain. _; Anyway, yeah, just- keep writing! I'll keep reading!
emmy.raen chapter 1 . 3/23/2007
Great job. :]

I like your writing style it's very unique. The detail is good. very good.

Is this a one-shot?
desolate butterfly chapter 1 . 3/21/2007
This is just perfect and I love it.
Miss Bug chapter 1 . 3/21/2007
I really liked this. It's the way it really would go if they brought Sasuke home.