Reviews for A Shared Struggle
Willow Grey chapter 1 . 2/13
Saying it with you: "AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!"
Unicorn chapter 1 . 9/30/2013
I love spazzy Ed!
And stupid Ed!
And terrified Ed!
Also happy Ed!
Let's just say I love Ed. But don't we all? That's why we write fanfiction!
And you, my friend, are very good at it! Awesome!
RainFlame chapter 1 . 6/7/2013
"Aww" doesn't fully encompass the warm fuzzies I'm feeling ;_;
Half Demon Alchemist chapter 1 . 4/26/2013
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! That was sooo cute! I loved it! I almost started crying.
Victorious-Mind chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
OH MY GOD! IT WAS JUST SO AWESOME AND FLUFFY IM IN LOVE!
too-much-inspiration chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
So fluffy, but sometimes you crave cotton candy. Thank you for the filling helping.
bezawesome chapter 1 . 7/28/2012
That was beautiful and very imaginative. Completely loved it
Karin Matthews chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
AWWWWWWWWWWWW SO CUTE!
Xtraitor chapter 1 . 11/3/2011
Wow! Tonight's just full of aww moments. First a cute ending to a manga now this. Its just so heartwarming!
CiCilia chapter 1 . 11/1/2011
.,/l
riptocs chapter 1 . 5/18/2011
Wonderful job. The angst was just spelled out perfectly in the way Roy handled Ed, firmly but gently. I could even picture Roy's description of the demon fighting for Ed's soul.
Gothic-Romantic99 chapter 1 . 3/7/2011
Excellent work with this story. I always wondered how someone like Ed, somebody who would go to any means necessary not to take another life, would react the moment he actually had to. Even, as you mentioned in this case, if it was in self-defense. No doubt he would be terrified and you took it the extra step to turn this into a wonderful story.

Good work with setting up the drama. The fact that we don't know what's going on at the beginning really adds to the suspense. Roy knows Ed is suffering since he has been in that position once before, but doesn't know the extent of Ed's intentions until he forces his way into Ed's room. Nice work with the battle between Roy and Ed's sanity. I like how you compare the Ed that Roy is fighting with as a demon and not the boy himself. Having had the experience with the same demon once before Roy is the perfect person to help Ed through this low moment in his life.

I really like how well you stage the fight. It's almost like a power struggle. Ed is fighting to keep control while wrestling against himself and what he thinks is the right decision. Roy knows he has to take control since it is Ed's life on the line. I like how kind you make Roy in this story. It's so different from his normal approach with Ed, but he has to be the strong and rational one here. He has to be compassionate in order to save Ed's life. He is not judgmental, which is the best thing for him to do at the time. I also like how he doesn't heckle or doubt Ed's ability to take his own life. Not only does that give Roy's character a boost, but it also shows Ed's suffering and just how willing he is to end it all. And as you mentioned, Roy knows how Ed is feeling since he has been in his shoes before. I like how he repeats that one phrase, "Give me the gun." which also stresses just how unstable Ed is at the moment.

The comforting scene is well played on your part. I love how Roy chooses to hold Ed tightly until he calms down then he lets him cry on his shoulder. It's a very sweet moment. Great job with the details surrounding that scene. All the descriptions including the movements, the struggling on Ed's part until he finally gives into Roy's comfort, followed by the actual comforting are very vivid.

This story is well written with lots of wonderful details and full of emotion. The angst and the fluff leaves me feeling satisfied after reading. Outstanding work.
GhostMajor chapter 1 . 3/5/2011
I do believe my brain just asploded from fluff overload. Yay! :D
Firestarshoes chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
such a cute story has to be one of my FAVORITE storys ever