Reviews for Photograph
Freedom77 chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
Beautiful story! Wonderfully written! I love the way that he keeps the picture with him all the time! Just perfect!
delete-account-please 742011 chapter 1 . 9/24/2011
this is thebestestfriendsforever just moved to a different account.

good story.
thebestestfriendsforever chapter 1 . 8/11/2010
this was great really liked it.
Susan M. M chapter 1 . 8/10/2010
Very nice. I especially liked the line about wondering if the baby would fit in the mail box, so he could be returned. But keeping the photo and the promise ... very, very nice.
Tatsumaki-sama chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
Yay for big brother Dean, always watching and protecting little Sammy. You did a great job on a four-year-old Dean's perspective, how he referred to Sam as the "Baby" at first, even showing a hint of jealousy that his parents paid the baby more attention. Gotta love Mary's big brother talk with Dean. But of course, the best part was the little photo with the brothers that Dean still and will always have and the promise Dean continues to keep with his mother.
Red Hardy chapter 1 . 1/5/2008
I hope you're happy now. I'm a blubbering idiot. And once again words fail me. How is it that you can say so much and convey so much emotion in so few words? I'm impressed and awed and very happy that you're kind enough to share these wonderful stories with us.

This is yet another one of your stories that I know will haunt me for days. Thank you... I think! ;)
ItsaMiracle chapter 1 . 11/16/2007
well wasnt that sweet!
Ephemera2 chapter 1 . 8/17/2007
What a heartbreaker! This is a great story, true to the characters while adding something special that's all yours. Good job.
Ultimate Raisin chapter 1 . 7/8/2007
Oh, Jesus. Now I get to have puffy tear-streaked eyes before work. I don't even mind.
Catasauqua chapter 1 . 6/25/2007
Read it. Loved it.

...that first picture had capture him and Sammy with their eyes locked on each other, Dean smiling at his brother for the first some point during that scene the dreaded Baby had become Sammy.

It's a little wrinkled, and faded. But it's still just as powerful as it ever was.

Awesome imagery! Thank You.

JJ Phoenix chapter 1 . 3/24/2007
I'd been wanting to read a fic that explores the idea that Dean isn't just protective of Sam because John told him to be, but because Dean's his big brother and it comes naturally. You did a great job capturing Dean's uncertainty at first - what firstborn is immediately thrilled by a new addition? - but once he understood his role, he willingly took it on and never once relented. Nice work!

wild wolf free17 chapter 1 . 3/23/2007
Oh, _Dean_. This is lovely.
SciFiNutTX chapter 1 . 3/22/2007
Moving. Very nice.
angel679 chapter 1 . 3/22/2007
This was just so bittersweet. I truly enjoyed it even if it made me very sad for all they had lost.
stealthyone chapter 1 . 3/22/2007
Very nicely done. It’s so realistic that Dean wasn’t in love with Sam from the beginning, that there was some jealousy at first, and I love that it wasn’t only John who got Dean to start feeling protective over Sam. Nice job showing how Mary’s influence was part of that. And the bit about Dean saving that picture is very sweet.

Favorite lines:

Dean had to be quiet whenever Baby was sleeping, though Baby never returned the favor.

Babies are so selfish. *g*

By this point Dean had decided that he didn’t much care for the Baby, and he’d like to send him back wherever he came from. And right then, as big eyes opened and watched him curiously, he was wondering if Baby would fit in the mailbox.

He remembers insisting on pajamas with a little pocket, so he could stick the picture in there before he climbed into the crib with Sammy.

Aww, so sweet

“Can you promise me that, Dean? Will you always protect him?”

“I promise.”. :)