Reviews for Rivalries
Shiragiku-chaan chapter 1 . 11/4/2013
This OS was so interesting.
LibbyMarie chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
It never actually specifically states how Ryoma did in the US Open... In the first Nationals OVA a taxi driver says "a Japanese middle schooler did well in the US Open" but that doesn't mean that he actually WON the whole thing. Also, Coach Ryuzaki mentions his "experiences in the US Open would be valuable"... but they never really tell you how well he did.
yuhki minamitani chapter 1 . 10/1/2009
great story. i remember that match between tezuka and fuji and i wondered poor ryoma cause he didn't get to watch it all.
Crazy Hyper Lady chapter 1 . 4/14/2009
awesome! :D
Khelc-sul Renai chapter 1 . 4/1/2009
I really like it. It shows the connections in the Seigaku team very well... And I would think that Ryoma would feel slightly left out, without the rivalry that all his sempai's share... I also agree with Jiroh, btw... If Ryoma can spout off all those fact, he's been hanging out with Inui far too long.

I love Jiroh! I like how you wrote his character.

Well written! Great read!
Yersinia chapter 1 . 9/11/2008
Cute story! really happy i stumbled upon it. im pretty sure he won the US Open...
Binx23 chapter 1 . 9/6/2008
He won.

The Nationals OVA contained a scene the where a taxi driver mentioned that a Japanese middle schooler won the US Open just after Ryoma left the airport. Since Ryoma was considered the wild card player in the tournament, I doubt there were other middle schoolers out there, much less Japanese ones.
Kiki-chan94 chapter 1 . 12/11/2007
that was nice and i only know that ryoma beat the world's no. 1 more is not shown

Kiki
seijin chapter 1 . 9/17/2007
At the end of the last episode (178?) There was a match: Echizen Ryoma vs Leyton Hewitt (!) The outcome? Game and set to Echizen Ryoma! So he did very well in the US Open, but I'm still unsure if he completely dominated the tournament.
Lady Artemist chapter 1 . 6/3/2007
Lovely idea and well written. According to the OVA I believe he won the US Open.
speadee chapter 1 . 5/15/2007
I've never thought about Ryoma feeling left out. Good job on that! It's good to have him remembering people and opening up for once.
Ellenlome chapter 1 . 5/11/2007
An interesting and insightful story. :) This makes me think that the reason Ryoma is to be the next "Pillar" of Seigaku is because he has no particular rivalry inside the club. Like Tezuka, he has a friend/almost rival (think of Fuji and Momoshiro), and everyone wants to play against him, but they all respect him a lot.

I like your point of view though. And I positively adore Jiroh :D.

Anyway, as for how far Ryoma got in the U.S. Open, they say in the movie that Ryoma won. In other words, he's the youngest player ever to win a Grand Slam tournament. Man, I wish they'd shown that.

Cheers,

Ellenlome
isa-hime chapter 1 . 5/6/2007
very good fic !

HUm the say in the OVA the Echizen was the younger player to win the US open ...

sorry my bad english...
MysticBlood chapter 1 . 5/2/2007
It's nice! And I love the idea of the flashback of the ranking tournaments...makes me wanna watch Tezuka and Fuji's match again..

great job on this! -

In all your Nightmares,

_BVS
gidy chapter 1 . 4/22/2007
Interesting. I heard somewhere that Ryoma made it to the finals or semifinals, which I find very impressive.