Reviews for Golden Ashes
Guest chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
l
Rocketlord6485 chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
Is it me or do you have something against Disney characters?
Citrus Sunscreen chapter 1 . 1/28/2010
There wasn't anything I didn't like in this story. I really like how you can bring in other ideas like the story of the King with the golden touch, it paves another path for us to understand and follow through with your story. I like that. And I'm madly in love with (your) Riku. x3 He has all the angst and the pain. I can't get enough of it. xD All in all, love the way you blended the 'memories' from KHI and KHII with the storyline and the fairytale like story. (love the angsty end. )
Fire Kitten chapter 1 . 7/24/2007
wow you can tell that your writing is getting increasingly better as time goes on. this one has really clear cut transitioning and is very easy to follow even though like four stories are going on at once. the symbolism is perfect and the story is touching. the ending isn't as happy as it probably should be, but then again Riku is angsty like that but still the fairytale ending happily, so should Riku haha but maybe the ending is more of a 'theres hope for it all to get better'.

I like how you included the KH happensing along with the KH2 scenes and some inbetween that could be consider CoM i suppose.

A lot of the scenes were touching and sad and stuff like with Riku 'killing' Kairi and then Roxas 'Dying'.

Riku just keeps striking me as your favorite character with al much as write with him hehe.

this one is very well done hehe
Adrian Winter chapter 1 . 5/28/2007
I'm shocked that this doesn't have more reviews, because it's a beautifully written story. I loved it!

I almost wish that there was something wrong with it so that I could give you what you asked for... But I can't! There was nothing about this that I didn't like!

Great job!
FangedWriter chapter 1 . 4/1/2007
Whoa. very powerful stuff there :) I agree with one of the other reviewers about Kairi's mother, but I love the part she played in this. You used her character very well. I like how you flashed back and forth between the story and Riku. very good!
Out of the Orange chapter 1 . 3/26/2007
I thought Kairi's parents (and grandma) lived in Hollow Bastion and that she'd been adopted by Destiny Islands' mayor? Or so Riku said, I think...
Higuchimon chapter 1 . 3/22/2007
I've read a few of your works, but to be honest, at this particular moment in time, I can't find anything that really jumps out at me as *wrong*. Of course, I'm still pretty new to the fandom myself, so there may be things I'm just missing at the moment. However, for the points of "ability to write", "keeping a reader interested", "formatting", and "just plain tasty goodness", you score highly on all of those.

I very much enjoyed the story within a story, and Riku's progression through it as well.

I *could* quibble a bit over perfect adherence to canon, as I believe canon says that Riku and Roxas only fought twice, one win per, and both times were post Roxas leaving the Organization...but I'm not going to. I like it better when Roxas is part of the Org when they fight myself. ;) And I honestly couldn't tell if he *was* when you wrote those parts, I don't remember anything saying one way or the other. I don't consider it worth quibbling about.

To the best of my currently limited knowledge, you got everyone in character very well, and that is what I enjoy the most, honestly. Well done!
Z.M chapter 1 . 3/21/2007
XD It's hard to not like anything you write. I especially love your RoxasRiku *_* There's so little of them and you write them so well! And you always have the nicest ideas for a fic.
oh hey asdfklj chapter 1 . 3/21/2007
Wow. I'm such a sucker for this sort of stuff from you. It just.. Wah. I eat it up.

Okay, the I loved the beginning and how that cared through. Brilliant set-up and it drew me right in. And poor Riku... "curled up on the threadbare bed, legs drawn in as if to ward off the cold even though he knew he would not be able to get rid of the chill that was inside of him." OMG - wah!

I just generally love Riku and Maleficent interaction, and you did a FANTASTIC job with it. It really was so "pseudo-motherly." -heartheartheart- I love Riku being manipulated by her! Seriously, I was hanging on every word. And then the end, with Ansem's part from the game - "A fiiting end for such a fool" - and Riku reflecting that it was because he'd touched her. ;o;

Yeah, I really liked Riku in his. Just his insistence that no one touch him... Aw, Riku! I can really see him being like that... Especially at the end with Sora, when he thinks Sora won't understand. It's very Riku - dealing with it on his own.

And of course Sora was wonderfully bright and Sora-like, even with having a small part. -heart-

There wasn't a whole lot that I didn't like. If you hadn't asked, I probably wouldn't have said anything, but after some thought the only thing I can think is a little bit more behind Roxas. Well, maybe not Roxas, because I think his motives being sort of vague suits his role, but a bit more of Riku's feeling towards him. Even though... I think the impression's still there... Wah. What you did works; the Roxas/Riku definitely does have a purpose, but just a little more behind it would be nice too. :)

That said, I loved the Roxas joining with Sora part, that whole section, everything right you said there - lovely. And the end, too. Wah. I like that Sora is warm and sunshine-y, but there's still that sense of darkness behind Riku that Sora can't overcome. It kind of made me shudder, thinking of Sora.

Brilliant though!