Reviews for Wayfarers
Sara chapter 9 . 4/30/2013
Another brilliant story - pure talent! It was an incredible story showing the lengths the team went through to support each other on their horrendous journey home. Brilliant work.
RavenWeavesTales chapter 9 . 8/3/2012
What a wonderful story. I was exhausted for the team as they struggled to escape their respective 'masters',find each other and escape the city,then make their way back to the Gate and home to Atlantis. Your tale was very well written and very well thought out. I liked how ya gave us glimpses of the team's experiences via flashback (Teyla running from her master and her horror as her friend was raped and murdered,Rodney being beaten and whipped by his master for being smart,Ronon fighting all comers in the arena,and John being suspended by his wrists,beaten,and fondled by his overseers) and ya gave each character equal time and didn't play favorites. *iz a proud whumper* Ya whumped the team so well both physically and emotionally;their sheer minded determination to get home was a great complement to the whump. I would love to see ya give us a tag for this terrific story. I'd like to see them recover in Atlantis and at some point they decide to go back to that planet and try to find some of the people who helped the team survive (it'd be a great way for the team to find closure). This story rocked on so many levels. Great stuff. Well done. Cheers! }:O

Raven
bria67 chapter 9 . 1/10/2010
This story was so beautiful. And heartbreaking. Just perfect.

Thank you!:)
Scarym chapter 9 . 8/18/2009
Just finished reading this story. It was quite the angst filled trip. I kept wanting to skip to the end to make sure they made it back home safely but I was able to restrain myself. I will admit to almost being a little teary eyed when they finally arrived back on Atlantis.

I like the last scene where Elizabeth sees them playing video games and everyone is laughing.
Bookworm85 chapter 9 . 7/23/2009
I really like your stories, and this one was the best so far. You gave each character "screen time" and their reactions to the situation were believable. I liked how you gave Rodney a chance to be the hero in a way that he usually isn't when he fought off the attackers. Great job!
angw chapter 9 . 5/21/2009
What an epic story. All the trials and tribulations just to get home.

That world was seriously messed up. Sadists and survivors. Nice job with the descriptions of the world and the people in it.

For the team it was like two steps forward and fifteen steps back; an almost endless escape and capture cycle. *shudders* Glad that they survived together.
Port-of-Seas chapter 9 . 11/4/2008
*sniff* I finally managed to finish this fic... and omigosh! I've desperately needed the very release your stories give me, and got to read my very favorite part of the stories. The ultimate whump followed by hopeful healing! And now, for congratulatory gifts!

Teyla: A new, earth-made dress. Her hair, if nothing else, suggests she enjoys Earth culture, and what better to give a beautiful woman her confidence back than to make her feel pretty. (And maybe make Kanan look her way, too...)

Rodney: Every Asimov book ever published. He'll get so wrapped up in them, he won't even notice people raising their arms. And if they do, he can use the books as shields!

Ronon: One of those big, fat, Jaffa staff-cannon things. Just to make him feel manly and secure. Plus, outfitting Rodney, Teyla, and John with microchips so he can keep an eye on them everywhere.

John: A new guitar, to play his blues. And throat lozenges. Lots and lots of throat lozenges.

Carson (just because of his big, fat heart): A World's Best Doctor mug, complete with a wide variety of herbal teas. He strikes me as an herbal tea kind of guy.

And for you, Stealth, I give you an e-glomp, e-kudos, an e-t-shirt that says "Whump Is My Life".

In return for these fabulous gifts, I demand more stories. No, really. I'll beta for you. I'll spellcheck for you. I'll do anything. Your stories are like crack... and I'm not just saying that cause this is the first fanfic I've read in months...
timme chapter 5 . 8/4/2008
nice story. it's odd you made john a little religious/preachy. it never made sense to me that people could thank god for all the good things and then refuse to blame him for any of the bad. the excuses they make...it's sad. any crappy things are fate or people, any good are thanks to a deity. please. you can't have it both ways.
Port of Seas chapter 4 . 7/2/2008
Wow. Sheppard watches Firefly. Brilliant.
Space1Traveler chapter 9 . 6/26/2008
10 Hankies, hands down.

Did you ever write the sequel and what is the name of it?

If you didn't, how about a little of all three of your suggestions, earth, Athosians, and Atlantis. A kind of recovery journey for the team. Maybe with a little of Atlantis herself to help John in his recovery and to get over the feeling of being the weak link that he harbored for so long.

Now about this fic: I am speechless (almost, as usual, LOL). You have again enthralled me with high adventure, fear, excitement, laughter, and relief. I could hear my self echoing the "Ah craps" of the team when a new obstacle appeared and sighing with relief when the danger was passed. All the wonderful things I said about your other stories apply here and then multiply it by 5.

You write like a television episode. I can see the camera moving around and the lighting with its dark shadows, the snow swirling around their numb feet as they move slowly on their way to the gate. Every face was clearly portrayed to my eye and every smelly breathe made me want to hold my nose. I thought I would throw up when they were looking for John's body and when they passed the ravine of carcasses. Their personal struggles were heart-rending. When I read your fiction and some select others, I only love the team more.

What a gift you have and I thank you for sharing it with me and I thank God I found fan fiction and came to know you through it.

Write on, Stealth Dragon and I follow you gladly through any Startgate or to any planet.
CazzBlade chapter 9 . 5/27/2008
Wonderfull!

All the way through, it was magnificent :D The concern for each other was perfect!

For the healing, I'd like to hear more of Atlantis' reaction to them returning :)
Isobel Kelte chapter 9 . 5/15/2008
I'm rather in awe after reading this in one sitting. Would it even been possible to put it down?

Honestly, the thing that drew me in from the beginning was the writing style. You didn't simply describe a scene or emotion: you painted them. Without coming across as showy you manage to make the reader vividly feel the pounding terror, the swamping despair, or the fleeting stabs of joy.

There are a few grammar/spelling errors here and there, but with a writing of this length it's all but impossible to avoid.
Random chapter 1 . 5/13/2008
Hi. I think this story, overall, is very good. However, I think it could be really excellent if it were run through a good beta. There are a few spelling errors throughout and a few out of character moments that kind of jar the flow of the story.

But like I said, very good as is, just could use a bit of smoothing out.
Sharpe's Hussy chapter 7 . 3/28/2008
This entire tale has been like riding a roller coaster

that is out of control...

LOL

and speaking of LOL,

I could not stop laughing at Rodney's remarks to Sheppard:

“Ronon. And if you say anything about this to him I'm going to say it was all you and that you're just trying to cover your own ass.”

ROFL...

poor Sheppard

Thank you once again for some ~~very~~ creative writing...

I feel compelled to add your username to my list

of favorite authors...

:-)
donttouch chapter 9 . 2/13/2008
OMG, can't believe how long it took me to find this, I've already read it, once, and loved it! Simply loved it! Good work!