Reviews for In Pursuit of Being
Starhunter79 chapter 46 . 2/25/2013
WOW, I mean W.O.W. This story is beautiful, sad, awesome, awe inspiring, heartbreaking, heartwarming, hopeful, epic, "No - no words. No words to describe it. " (from contact) I love this it's my favourite of all of your stories so far. I understand why you love it. While the characters personalities are different then their movie conterparts they are as good as the originals. I love how you took the characters and ideas from Star Wars and placed them into a your own creation. I believe if you were to change the names of the characters, including the Force, you could publish this story. I was up reading it all night, I couldn't stop reading this.

The images, messages, symbols, emotions are so powerful that it can be overwhelming at times. This sensory onslaught is refreshing and very cathartic for me. I love how the Jedi order as well as the techknowledgical upgrades on the Ruwee question what it means to be human, what is human and can people separate the intellectual from the emotional? Exploring how stagnate societies either have to evolve or are destroyed. What part does emotion play in societies growth? There's also the questions of trust. How do you learn to trust after everything you know and love is destroyed? How you you love again when your trust is destroyed? There's also the battle between good and evil? When should you work with evil? Does collaborating with evil make you evil? Do you deserve the consequences of said collaboration? This story is very complex and simple at the same time, it's hard to explain.

This story reminded me of many different stories. The first one that came to mind was Mary Doria Russell's The Sparrow. A lot of the feelings and emotions that are invoked are similar, also the ideas of physical deformities, the death of friends and how one survives that, as well as depending on others for survival. I was reminded of Greg Bear's /Slant, the first thing I thought about was the cover which shows a woman in a grey bodysuit with a technologically advanced city in the background. This imaged popped into my mind while I was reading the description of Padme and the other women, even though the woman has no implants. Both your story and Slant question what's human. In Slant people use nanotechnology to change themselves on the cellular level and people categorized by how much physiotherapy they have had. While your work uses implants and drugs/chemicals to augment people. The last book that I thought about was Robert Sawyer's Factoring Humanity(simplified and what it reminded me of in terms of your work) which looks at artificial intelligence, a technological breakthrough that could change humanity, the idea of repressed memories is brought up and the introduction of an alien species. All of which allows the reader to look at what makes people human. How technology and memories make people human. Bring me back to the idea of the Jedi and the Ruwee. This story connects and reminds me of so many different ideas and other works, it's beautiful. (Now I have to read these book once again, it been ages since the last time) Thank you for your wonderful and awe inspiring story, even though you've condemned me to more sleepless nights rereading beloved book.

I know this is a long and convoluted review but I follow my thoughts and feeling in hopes that you will be understand how your work affects me.
Guest chapter 46 . 11/7/2012
Can you please write a sequel where Obi and Padme get married, have another son, and defeat the Sith?
I Read For the Content chapter 34 . 5/3/2012
Absolutely "oh SHIT" moment!
I Read For the Content chapter 21 . 5/3/2012
Whoops!
I Read For the Content chapter 15 . 5/3/2012
Wow. Just...wow. Congrats, you managed to pose a situation that will PROBABLY have the council foaming at the mouth or just have their heads explode from the sheer WTF that this throws against their code.
kyjori chapter 46 . 8/22/2011
Quite unique. I don't think I've read something so far away from canon. The AU you created for this story is impressive, and I love Padme's character in this story.

I'm guessing Garen at the epilogue is a second child? I never understood how Padme dealt with the loss of some of the electronics in her when she got blasted earlier in the story. Oh well, still a blast to read. This story deserves more than 48 reviews (
lalez chapter 8 . 12/2/2009
hey

so i am on my mid day break and i though

okay check out her list maybe you'll like a story from there

too

but (and i am sorry for it) this one seems to far off for me

although it is wonderfully written and carefully developped

i can't seem to force myself to read more (but your list is longer :])

hope you understand

oh and on behalf of a friend of mine who always can use some extra help she just posted her first story here (disturbedfaith)
Sarela Jade chapter 1 . 5/15/2009
What a great start, Kris. :) I like it.

- SJ
Cali chapter 46 . 3/31/2009
Thank you! It was a very interesting AU and quite a good read.
nate chapter 46 . 10/14/2008
GREAT story. I liked the Padme's transitioning. I wish that George Lucas was smart enough to have had Padme and Obi-wan marry. o well. That's what fanfiction is for. lol.
MadBrilliant1880 chapter 19 . 10/4/2008
but the yellow one has nutrients too! won't she starve?
MadBrilliant1880 chapter 18 . 10/4/2008
fantastic chapter
MadBrilliant1880 chapter 17 . 10/4/2008
i'm with obi-wan on this one! what DID just happen? the palpatine can't be the Dark One, unless he's far older than i had ever guessed!
MadBrilliant1880 chapter 16 . 10/4/2008
good idea, kenobi! of course, this means you can't sleep with her...
MadBrilliant1880 chapter 15 . 10/4/2008
i so didn't see that coming!
54 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »