Reviews for The Stuff of Legends
Guest chapter 1 . 7/7/2012
fantastic, a sequel would be lovely
smileyfacebabe chapter 1 . 5/29/2011
Dammit Jareth, if you'd just LISTEN... *pouts*

But, ohhh, the angst; it's so my secret addiction XD

I like the concept of this a ilot/i, and the stories you chose to portray them. I like how it seems to end with Jareth sealing his own fate (idiot) and Sarah never getting a chance (not her fault). I like how it starts out playful (if not a little scary) and ends up being so serious.

I just ilike/i it.

I think it'd be cool if you made a sequel, but if you didn't it wouldn't the end of the world. It's- it's nice, in its incompleteness; it's beautiful and sad and frustrating and-

It portrays what Jareth must be feeling nicely with it's abrupt, heartbreaking ending.

But, yeah, happy endings are nice and awesome and happy-making. I totally understand being a sap for them, I am too XD

One thing, though; when Jareth talks about all the stories they've been throughout the years, he makes it almost sound like they've been in them iin that order/i. It's a little confusing, since the stories weren't written in that order (um, Christine and Erick certainly didn't come before Hades and Persephonie), but then again maybe it's just Jareth; he can rearrange time, so what use is the order to him? :)

It was just that it confused me for a second before I gave up caring and went back to enjoying the story. I thought you might like to know :)

Anyway! Like I sad before, I love this a LOT. (Actually, I pretty much enjoy ALL YOUR WRITING. I wish I was more aware of the rest of your fandoms so I could read them without getting lost XD) Your writing brightened my day last night and continued to brighten this morning, so I thank you for that :)

I wish you an awesome day!

Take care 3
AradiaLoveless chapter 1 . 3/8/2011
I truly love this one-shot. This concept of them being the "Legends" of old intrigues me to no end. I've seen a few stories out there that have Greek myths tied into the stories, I've even seen Arthurian myths, and I've seen a Narnia cross-over, but your idea that they have chased each other through the "pages" of stories and legend is a whole new twist. Even as I read your story I keep thinking about other myths that could work for them, and it's such fun to ponder about them. If ever do write a sequel, I shall enjoy very much, because I also am a sucker for happy endings. Great Job!
Sallafe K chapter 1 . 7/25/2010
Well. That was superbly and hauntingly written for such a short one-shot. :D Very interesting idea, too.

I liked it.

:DD
Blonde-Existentialist chapter 1 . 12/6/2009
Rather tragic, but lovely and true on certain levels with an appropriate conclusion.
Barila.Arkenstone chapter 1 . 11/28/2009
I loved it! this story really drew me in..I'm just sad it had to end ]
Lucifer Hatter chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
that was... sad T_T i thought she was gonna end up with him... stupid Jareth. stupid stupid stupid jareth!
Celebwen Telcontar chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
Le phantome de l'opera? Greek mythology? Romeo and Juliet? What's next?

CT
Philippa chapter 1 . 3/7/2009
This was really interesting, and you do turn a phrase nicely! I look forward to exploring your other one shots.

There were two things that didn't quite click for me. The first was having the stories out of order. I realize that the idea might be not that Sarah and Jareth actually were Christine and Erik, etc., but that their souls must inhabit a story (sort of a Jasper Ffordeish idea). If that's the case, though, I think just a line or two of Jareth's dialogue explaining that would be helpful. Otherwise, I'd stick the Greek myths together and replace R&J with something post Phantom. Great Gatsby maybe? OR you could eliminate Phantom, and make R&J the most recent life. Jareth could say something about how it's been so long, and how they've had to settle for a less glorious story (Labyrinth is great, of course, but being Jareth is not as impressive as being Apollo). Wuthering Heights would be a great addition to this list, wouldn't it? That frustrated but consuming passion ... Heh, this is way too much fun. I'll stop trying to rewrite your story now.

Anyway, the other thing that didn't quite work for me was the very serious tone of the ending. If Jareth is feeling all tormented and suffering, why does he mess around with petty tricks to make her summon him? Why doesn't he immediately resort to something more drastic that would force her to call him at once instead of playing games, since stopping the game is the object of his visit.

But, all that said, it is a really interesting idea to think of a pair of lovers pursuing each other through English literature. (And if you hadn't announced you were an English major in your profile, it would have been fairly obvious by this point!) I definitely think you could make a longer story out of this if you wanted. Actually, you could even make a non-fanfiction story out of it.

And again, your writing is very, very readable.
Ellie101 chapter 1 . 12/17/2008
Loved it! :D Absolutely loved it! Great job!
kbartist chapter 1 . 10/1/2008
hey this is a great story i would love to see a sequal if you haven't written one already!

~KB
Blade chapter 1 . 9/11/2007
Sequel, please. I would like the story where they finally get it right. Even for your own whims.
cutecess chapter 1 . 9/5/2007
i love your oneshots!
Nagasasu chapter 1 . 8/31/2007
OMG! Closing line was really, really good! The premise was intriguing as well, I had never considered comparing the JxS pairing to the ones you've mentioned. Very compelling and angsty!
Dragoon-Yue chapter 1 . 6/29/2007
I liked it! By the way, what did you have in mind (if anything) for a sequel?