Reviews for Retching in Reykjavik
Neko Shinigami Hime chapter 1 . 1/31/2012
Poor Shego and Drakken. Cute story though xD
Green Ruby chapter 1 . 6/29/2010
A little funny, a little gross. But a good !
RonHeartbreaker chapter 1 . 6/10/2009
Way TMI. But very, very funny. Perfectly paced, and the dialogue is spot-on, including Drakken's dropping into street slang at one point. His "and not because you say so" really captures the characteristic Drakken immaturity.

I do think you could do without the "prologue" - no need to tell the tale in flashback, just start with Drakken and Shego enjoying the foie gras.

Good one!
Donteatacowman chapter 1 . 9/7/2008
Very good. Drakken's slang was very in-character, and the pinky swear was cute. Thanks for writing!
Zorian chapter 1 . 4/8/2008
Oh man...taken out by food.
Ninnik Nishukan chapter 1 . 1/26/2008
I haven't reviewed THIS, either? Jeez.

“All right, all right! So what do you propose we do?” He offered in consolation.

“Are you actually going to listen?”

He pouted. “Yes.”

“The smart thing to do, emphasis on the smart, is to just lay low living the high life.”

He pondered the idea. He could use a vacation; evil sure did a number on the back.

“All right,” He decided, holding his glass up for a cheer, “To the lap of luxury!” She clanked her glass to his with a smile.

“But not because you say so!” he added quickly in hopes to maintain their employer/employee relationship.

She followed with a swift rolling of the eyes.

Such good banter, so Drakken and Shego. And fun to see them outside of a job context, even with Drakken trying to remind her who's boss, hahaha.

“Can I just finish my plan? I don’t think I can handle much more of the high life.” He had been considering this alternative the minute he heard the beautiful symphony of sound that was foie gras hitting porcelain.

She paused as she pondered her answer, “Fine… but you have to make me a promise.”

“What is it?”

“That you never ever tell anybody about this.” She turned her head to look at him.

He looked at her and saw a mirror image of illness across her face. It was a sad sight. “Pinky swear,” he declared. Holding out his finger, she intertwined hers.

“Done.” Their hands dropped to the floor, pinkies still tangled.

Very cute in a sweaty, disheveled, bile-reeking kind of way. XD

That last line there was especially adorable. I like how casual they seem around each other- they've obviously known each other for a long while. I also loved Shego wearing Drakken's undershirt- I have her doing that in some fics I haven't published yet. It's a classic thing. ;)

I can just imagine:

"Shego, you're so cute when you're blowing chunks."

"Oh, Drakken, I wouldn't want to be violently nauseous with anybody but you!"

How romantic. And blatantly OOC. :D

Very funny fic, and well-written as usual.
Sarah chapter 1 . 4/26/2007
Haha, this was a really hilarious story! I hope you write more stuff like this in the future!
CastaS chapter 1 . 4/1/2007
i enjoyed reading it. great one.
C-Diddy chapter 1 . 3/24/2007
Good story. It's really cool looking into the lives of Drakken and Shego. Those two make a great villain duo. Your "Sweet or Sarcastic?" story was pretty cool too. Please do more Drakken and Shego stories.
Sir Sebastian chapter 1 . 3/24/2007
Brilliantly written piece. The characterizations were dead-on.

I enjoyed it.
Pharaoh Rutin Tutin chapter 1 . 3/22/2007
Was this set during "Bad Boy" or "Ron Millionaire"?

I know I've had vacations that have turned out even worse. High-speed elevators are NOT fun with a severe ear infection.

Vacation stories like this make me glad to go back to work. Thank you
Miguel Dubn chapter 1 . 3/22/2007
I could say this was sick and wrong for both characters involved after reading this story...

...and I guess I couldn't be more right about it, huh? XD

I kinda sympathize with both Drakken and Shego. Getting food poisoning is something real bad and leaves a person with not-so-pleasant memories. Heck, I remember one case where about ten persons (or more, I don't remember the exact number) got sick because of it. They couldn't get back to work for a few days "thanks" to it.

Anyway, the story was also very funny and that's what both villains get for stealing Ron's money. It serves them well. And with Drakken getting hip and all that... I kinda laughed at his attempts. Shego could have slapped him if she wanted, but perhaps she was too busy feeling sick to do it.

And yeah, they should sue the restaurant in which they ate.