Reviews for Lachrymose
HAFanForever chapter 1 . 5/26/2013
Yes, doing what's right can hurt, especially if it involves making a sacrifice for someone you love. Emily loved Victor in the end, no doubt in my mind, so it pained her to give him up. But she knew that if he had killed himself, they would have come to regret it. He still has a long life to live, so it wouldn't be fair for him to cut it so short just so he could be with her. Also, when she saw Victoria, she realized that she was denying her her chance at happiness the same way it had been stolen from Emily. So yes, if Victor had died, it would not have fixed anything, and heck, Victoria still could have been killed by Barkis and suffered Emily's fate.

In all, Emily made the right choice by sacrificing Victor's happiness for her own. Again, it pained her, but she did not because she didn't love him, but because she did love him. And often, when you love someone you have to think of what's best for them and not yourself, even if you can't be with them. So while Emily probably did have some mixed feelings about it, she knew in the end that she had made the right choice for Victor. He helped set her free, so she had to do the same for him, and she knew that Victoria would be able to love him enough for both of them.

Really good narrative of Emily's thoughts here. I find the ending bittersweet because of this, especially since Emily never got her dream, but it all ended the way it was supposed to. :)
nancystagerat chapter 1 . 12/29/2007
O, applause! As a fan of both the song and the movie, I'd say you fit the two very well together indeed. I'm glad that you wrote Emily as uncertain as to whether or not leaving Victor to Victoria was the right thing to do. It shows that yes, she does do what's right by him, but that at the same time she's still flawed and still human and still aching for the real love she never got the chance to feel. I especially loved where she acknowledges that she hoped he would call her back, because I don't understand how anyone could leave that movie without wishing he'd called her back. Now I'm rambling, so I think I'll leave it at that and applaud again :)
Mrs.Masters chapter 1 . 6/2/2007
*cries* That...that's sweet...*sobs*
dark-hearted rose chapter 1 . 4/8/2007
yay! I liked this very much. I LOVE this song, and I really think that Victor and Emily should have stayed together in the end. *sigh*

and now, on to the mushy stuff:

you have a wonderful talent! You are officially going on my faves list, as well as on my alert list. I can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve in the future, whether it be more beautiful poetry, a humor fic/phic, another songfic, or something else!

hope to hear from you soon.

warm regards,

dark-hearted rose

p.s. poke Erik for me... o_~
Whiggity chapter 1 . 4/3/2007
Wow... That's so beautiful! *cries* I love it, it's not apalling at all! It's very well done and the emotions are conveyed nicely. Good job! :)
D. M. Robb chapter 1 . 3/25/2007
I'm not familiar with that song but I enjoyed your songfic. You poignantly captured the wistfulness and melancholy Emily must have felt at the end. Good work!