Reviews for She was Smiling
hi there;
sesshomaruandrinfaq . blogspot . com

sesshomaruandkagurafaq . blogspot . com
Emily chapter 1 . 11/5/2012
INEEDDAMNF*CKIN'MORETHANTHIS! THIS IS JUST RESTATING THE SADNESS OF B4 IN THE MOVIE JUST IN FANFIC I THOT THAT U WOULD ACTUALLY GIVE A HAPPY EPILOGUE 2 THIS! (Crushing disappointment, these r just direct quotes and sayings from the movie perhaps more thots from a different perspective but still all inall the same and unoriginal I fi do say so my self, no offense or anything I only try 2bring up the best constructive criticism as possible but sometimes some great authors just get me off rhe edge of a story and make me fall off a cliffface I didn't wanna fall off if and stop updating or didn't say in the summary it wuz a oneshot! These emotions just get ahold of me and isorta lose control and yeah, as u can c the rest is history! Altho Idohave 2 tell u do have some pretty frickin' awesome skillz but u need 2 use them onbsomethingz that r not bsidez ur skillz and worth writing about. Like more Inu/Kag would b better!) I'm an Inu/Kag fan as u can telll! Signing off- 2lazy2signin Inu_Kag fan! (4everly more)altho this did make me cry a great number odf times (becuz of me keeping on watching kaguras unfair death over and over again) even after igot over it.. Damn u! Ur 2good 4 ur own good.. Its' 2 deep and sad and sincere 4 me not 2say anything good about it.. Woah this wuz way longer than iexpexted, then again evrything is (unexpected 4 me) and I just luvluvluv 2 trash pplz websiteswith abunch of gigabitez of useless junk.. (JK ;) luvya and ur stories (especially ones not on naruto and yugioh and stuffz but on INUYASHA as in Inu/Kag storiez) isurvive ona diet of inukag stories so as not 2 b overlybored everyday!
Kentauride Jay chapter 1 . 5/21/2009
I hated Kagura's death in the manga (as opposed to Kykkyo's death which I think should've happened sooner), and I though it was one of the saddest moments in the whole story... your story brought back those memories... but since I like sad tales, nice work
No one specific chapter 1 . 1/10/2009
I nearly cried when Kagura died. Part of me always knew she liked Seshomaru, and that he liked her. It just really wasn't fair. I wanted to yell at Sesshomaru because he could have helped her before!

Ok, sorry for babbling. This was an amazing fanciction! I'm like, crying (which is good; I like sad fanfictions.) It's so beautiful and heartbreaking, and Seshy's so right that she deserves better...
The Fluffy Muffin Queen chapter 1 . 4/2/2008
-sniffle- NOW I'M DEPRESSED!

This was very VERY good! Total thumbs up! Please, never stop writing!
Liesie chapter 1 . 11/23/2007
*sobs uncontrollably* That was so sad! Well written, but tragic. I actually shed tears. I didn't even do that when I saw her death the first time. Oh, well; keep up the good work.
silencio1111 chapter 1 . 10/17/2007
i'm teary eyed now. how sad...I love sesshy and kagura together, so sad she died. keep writing
GoldAngel2 chapter 1 . 5/6/2007
I promised to read and review so here goes...

The writing of this in first person is highly effective and considering that Sesshoumaru is very introspective, quite moving-you captured the depth of emotion that is untapped in the ever-stoic taiyoukai, reflecting on his feelings for the wind sorceress, reciprocating hers, which is something that could be implied in a scene in the last episode at the end of the series after the attack from Goyomaru...

The feelings for his brother is something implied at the end as well, and shows the evoluion of Sesshoumaru from cold and resentful, despising his hanyou brother to not-quite disinterested older sibling.

And since you've asked for suggestions on your profile for good writing, might I suggest Chaos and Serenity? Her work "Temporal Sequence" is a journey into the depth of Sesshoumaru and the writing is top notch

GA2
WildfireDreams chapter 1 . 4/16/2007
So sad... I cried when I read this. Almost as much as when I saw this very scene in the manga.
C Hawk chapter 1 . 4/12/2007
"For her to look in shock and amazement and joy."

Hmm? For her to look...what? At him/me? I feel like something's missing.

"...feared by the amalgamation Naraku..."

I like that better than people who call Naraku a hanyou, or dark hanyou...hanyou very specifically means half-youkai, as in exactly one-half, and it just doesn't seem like Naraku is half anything anymore.

"...more radiant than any of the assembly when my father married Izanagi."

Did I miss something? Sess woudn't have seen his own parents marry, so that's not his mother's name (...and if you mean Inuyasha's mother, I always thought the Inu no Taisho never married her. Not in the human sense, at least.) I'm only asking because this is structured as an excerpt/embellishment on the manga, but do you mean Izayoi? There's only movie 3 to go on, but that's Inuyasha's mother's name.

"I, Sesshoumaru, Lord of the Western Lands and taiyoukai, felt such sadness and regret and despair ..."

Earlier you had ordered it slightly different, and I think you should keep that arrangement for impact...or edit it down to "I, Sessoumaru."

I particularly liked the very end, but Sess admitting his feelings, even if it is internally, just seems a bit of a stretch. Maybe he would have such a clear handle on things after Rin's death, or not...but despite his obvious distress that Kagura has died, I don't think even the great Fluffy has matured to the point where he could reflect in silence that he loved someone.

I think the ideas are correct, but a little more dancing around the bush seems to be his style. Like when he first arrives and says he was following the scent of shouki, and Kagura kind of goes, "Oh. Well, looks like I'm chopped liver after all..." and Sess cuts in with, "I meant you, dummy!" See? Crystal clear. Heh.
ryuu no me chapter 1 . 3/23/2007
I really loved this story! It was so sweet and touching, adding hidden meaning to the scene when Kagura dies. . Great job!
ArizonaBay chapter 1 . 3/23/2007
Very sweet. Well done! :)