Reviews for SH6: The Case of the Haunted House
Onlyaman chapter 19 . 6/17/2008
Hi HA,

finally I have made it through this story of yours. It looks as if Shirley will have some severe problems in the next stories.

As even Number One had problems to deal with that cat, I am looking forward to seeing her bringing it down, which I hope she will do.

After Number Eight disapears and Mr. E. talks to Nigel you write: "A valid point, Nigel." Mr. E leaned forward and placed his shoulders on his desk.

That made me wonder, how he can "place his shoulders on the desk." I can not really picture that scene, I am afraid. Maybe you can help me understand this?

Have a nice time,

Onlyaman chapter 17 . 6/17/2008
Hi HA,

that's the way you do it: Have a bomb in the house, count it down to 1 and have a nice, mean cliffhanger (knowing they have to make it, though). Well done. I am curios to know, who was this voice coming from in his head. Maybe there is really a ghost...

By the way: I think this sentence "It if was not for Shirley's flashlight," should be "If it was not for...". Just take it as a hint, please.

I need to say something about Bo as well: To me he is a very good "sidekick". Just a bit "above the average guy from next door". I like the way he sometimes needs some more time to catch up with Shirleys ideas, just like the one who reads the story.

I have to read on, to see how it ends :-)

Have a nice time.

Onlyaman chapter 12 . 6/17/2008
Hi HA,

here I am back for another review on your work.

This story seems to contain a mixture of several films included in it. I think I have recognized "The 4400" and the club of the "strangers" to me looks a little like the X-Men, though I can not figure out Arthur and his "blowing bubbles attitude". Maybe it's got something to do with Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson?

Anyway: It is good and interesting to have an organisation like that working with Shirley against Enigma. Arthurs way of making things "a big secret" is a bit annoying at times but I think he is a nice guy, at last.

That's it for the moment. I need to go on and see the end of this.

Have a nice time.

Alex Fan chapter 1 . 5/18/2004
OMG this is such an awesome story. I've been reading a whole bunch of your SH stories and this one is just...amazing. It has left me speechless and awestruck. The way you weave the complex characters and the plot together intricately really left me baffled and of course begging for more. I love how you added the supernatural and paranormal elements. It's like reading an X-Files fic [that's my favourite show]! :) Keep up the GREAT work!
IcyRae chapter 19 . 2/13/2004
Very interesting fic Ha. But then again, they always are. I must say, this one is a little far fetched for my taste. Great plot , interesting story, but so many characters with "powers" was a little too much for me. Psychic powers at this extreme level just didn't click with me with the Shirley Holmes theme. But once again you have captured the feel of the character's personalities in your writing. Great job
Stained-Black chapter 19 . 4/19/2003
I really enjoy your Shirley Holmes fanfic series. They are very easy to read, and I like how you expertly hint at obvious clues without exploiting their roles in solving the mystery until the very end, just like how Arthur Conan Doyle used to have done. I never really watched this show, and I wished that I could. Regardless, you have a real talent for devising ENIGMA riddles and building up character plus suspense. I also liked how you add subtle humor in your stories. Can't wait to read the rest of these, and more to come.

~Poetic Dreamer from CCU _~
MacGyverMagic chapter 5 . 9/18/2001
I think the discussion about the logo of the Knight Foundation has become very interesting in light of recent events in Gold Thief.( for those who don't know: /shirley_holmes)

Your epic is almost large enough for permanent discussion by fans (just like Harry Potter) Just go on and write more. I can't stand withdrawal...
Anya chapter 5 . 9/10/2001
"You know, it could just be what it is, a horse in a black circle" How tipical Bo! :D Well, this was another great chapter... And I really can't wait to find out what is going on around here! I wonder if the Knight Foundation is in someway related to ENIGMA...? That could certainly explain how those two know so much about Shirley, though it wouldn't explain how Katrina get's into her dreams... :s Well, I'm sure some light will come in the next chapter! (Or at least, I hope so!) :)
Anya chapter 4 . 8/28/2001
Great chapters, and intriguing as always. I'll just wait patiently for the next ones... :-)
anya chapter 2 . 7/22/2001
Okay... So, Shirley's having dreams and the girl in those dreams happens to exist... And the manwith the question mark as the face is probably the head of ENIGMA, right? Or am I making assumptions too fast? Either way, I can't ait for the next chapter! :)
MacGyverMagic chapter 1 . 7/11/2001
How the **(&&%$&! did you do that? I know how this story will turn out of course... Such a long tale and still it was interesting all along...

I wish I could do that...
anya chapter 1 . 7/9/2001
Er... Did this juts turn inot an X-file show? ;) Just kidding! :) Great post, very intriguing. I'm looking forward for the next part! :)