Reviews for In The Distant Future
thefieldsofelysium chapter 15 . 8/18/2012
Oh my, that was so beautiful. And Laura's letter…I can't. I can't even…
But the happiness and the angst was so beautifully written and molded together, oh my gosh…
Frak. I'm crying oceans now. :)
miss mcGonagle chapter 15 . 8/11/2007
Wow...this was such a beautiful story. All I can say is that my eyes were filled with tears when I reached the part where Laura reads her mother's letter.

Brilliant and achingly beautiful...loved it!
DAnNSfreak chapter 15 . 6/28/2007
I will not cry... I will not cry... *sniffles...* the letter laura wrote.. so sweet. that was so darn touching. and the laura and bill theme song is coincidentaly playing on my Windows Media Player... even more sad... good job!
Lady Henrietta chapter 15 . 6/27/2007
It ended the way it had to end. What a lovely story. I liked the sentiment nature. Little Laura is so cute. I have enjoyed reading it and the snow falling in the end was good too. Nice job :D.
ddt73 chapter 15 . 6/27/2007
Great ending you pulled it together nicely. Very touching. You should be proud of it.
Lady Henrietta chapter 14 . 6/2/2007
This was a very emotional chapter. By the fact that there still is a scrapbook, the Cylon cells didn't exactly work for her. Laura singing to the baby was cute, and very touching. I suspect a bittersweet end, but it was a wonderful chapter. Nice job :D.
ddt73 chapter 14 . 6/2/2007
It's a nice chapter, sweet scene at the end. My only problem is I'm a bit confused. It seems that the transfusion didn't help at all and she's still going to die. I would have liked a little more exposition on that point. For example: is she about to die, is there no hope at all. It certainly seems quite grim, but still would have liked more info.

Don't get me wrong I'm enjoying the story, and can't wait for the epilogue :)
Lady Henrietta chapter 13 . 5/27/2007
Oh my, I really hope this worked. I have enjoyed this story so far and I love Bill's argument that he would do anything for the woman he loves. Nice job :D.
Mariel3 chapter 13 . 5/27/2007
Wow. Two chapters posted! Nice. I was very glad to see in the last chapter that Laura ended up willing to try the cure Bill is proposing for her. In this chapter I found myself not quite understanding Roberts' reaction. The dialogue felt a bit forced somehow. The ending, however, and the way you described the seizure really got to me: "She felt the ground open up below her and swallow her into a dark vacuum. A darkness blacker than anything she’s ever known."

I'm all set to see what happens next. Thanks for updating so quickly. It was nice to catch two chapters at once!
ddt73 chapter 13 . 5/27/2007
Very well done story, I'm willing to overlook the fact that Laura is just too old to have a child for the sake of a good story hehe.

Though I hate being left on such a cliffhanger! Oh well, I know sometimes as an author you can't help yourself :P

Keep up the good work.
Lady Henrietta chapter 12 . 5/25/2007
This chapter was so very touching. Bill and Laura both had very good points, but I'm glad that Laura finally conceded. I really hope it works. Nice job :D.
Lady Henrietta chapter 11 . 5/6/2007
A very suspenseful chapter. At least the baby's born. Convincing Laura to take Nicky's blood is not going to be easy. Nice job :D.
miss mcGonagle chapter 11 . 5/6/2007
Hope! in the form of I love that guy.

Baby Laura is so sweet...I'm glad both Laura's are okay for the moment.
Mariel3 chapter 11 . 5/6/2007
I enjoyed this chapter very much. The birth scene was nicely done, and it's good that everyone seems to be doing fine. Cottle's entrace was appropriately dramatic, and I love that there's hope. I'm looking forward to the next chapter. Thanks for posting!
KateInSpace chapter 10 . 4/30/2007
This story is so bittersweet! I love that Laura is so happy at the moment but dreads what the future holds for her. I can't wait to read the next part!