Reviews for Wrecked Angles
frenchfredo chapter 3 . 1/11/2008
ooch
frenchfredo chapter 2 . 1/11/2008
"Dean tried not to smile as it occurred to him that they looked like a bunch of surly, armed hobbits." hehehe, nice family you have here...
sally sparrow chapter 6 . 1/3/2008
Im LOVING the lines you come up with! excellent! really really excellent. and very Dean, wich is also a good thing:P
Dark-flames chapter 3 . 12/31/2007
"The small field spread out behind the old jail, just another bit of land owned by the county. A sad, lonely ending to any life. Sam could only pray that a field like this wasn’t where he would end up. With lives like theirs it was all too possible. A hunt gone wrong, two dead men with all kinds of fake ID but no real contacts, no money, no one to inform that they were dead and he and Dean would wind up buried side by side in the county plot with no one ever the wiser."

True true... I've always wondered about that, whether or not they talked about it every once in a while, or if it was one of those conversations they had had in a very serious tone at one point and drawn up rules and 'worst case scenario' plans during... I'd honestly think a fic depicting that feeling and the conversation between the boys about that would be very interesting to read both from a character perspective and the writers...

Oh, and of course the story is great... loving your work!
irnan chapter 6 . 10/22/2007
Read this in lunch break at uni earlier but didn't have time to review...

Well, that was great! I love the way you always manage to bring up some unresolved issues between the boys in the middle of a really fun story without letting it get angsty or downplaying the seriousness of what they're going through. I've often been annoyed at the way Sam seems so critical of Dean's... little quirks, shall we say, on the show, but Dean never does more than tease his brother about latte macchiatos and girls. I really liked Dean's devastatingly simple explanation that that was just the way they worked, and there's nothing either of them can do about it. That simple acceptance of each other is a big part of sibling relationships, I think.
Ditzyleo chapter 6 . 8/12/2007
That was great! And I mean that.

Loved it all. You had the brothers so well.

We fumble around nearly get killed and then figure it out

That sums it up so well! Loved the family of law enforcement that were being helped by the wanted brothers. Nice. I really loved this story. You have a great sense of humour and aren't afraid of using it - but you have mastered it so that it adds more to the story; complimenting your action and angst. Very well written!
dinawen chapter 6 . 8/4/2007
nice story
Maverick chapter 1 . 7/18/2007
First off, I always enjoy some Winchester angst and what's a better place than in jail? Dean's concerns for Sam are right on spot with the character and it never fails to amaze me how self sacrificing Dean is.

The idea of Dean suddenly being the one picking things up is refreshing as well. Not that I don't like college boy's spidey sence, but Dean having the first heads up is nice for a change.

So no complaints about that. Actually, no complaints at all, besides this tiny thing: They've been trying to get Dean out of this jail cell all the time, without success and suddenly it only takes one kick from mr. Winchester to knock the ol' mighty door down? That sounds a bit unconvincing. I can understand you were itching to get poor Deana out of his cell (just look how many viewers Prison Break got the first season and both of those men don't even come close to being as good looking as Jensen Ackles.)

It's not that I don't like a jail break, I just don't find your method plausible.

But THIS: "Dean and a wide array of guidance counselors had spent his entire school career in a state of barely undeclared war. Only Dean’s innate charm and the very occasional, and Sam suspected purposely timed, flashes of honesty he was prone to had kept him from serious trouble. Sam lived for those moments and he had no doubt the counselors had been just as intrigued by the mess that was his brother. It was either that or Dean had threatened them with bodily harm if they didn’t leave him alone. Dean was prone to that too." kicked ass, so I'm just gonna erase that little thing from my head. Unless you have a great explanation (i.e. ghosts weakened the door *ahum*) waiting for me in the next chappy.

Yeah, I'm annoying. My mom calls it my past, current and never ending mood. Just guess whom I inherited it from *grin*
kwater chapter 6 . 7/11/2007
Loved the whole thing, and great job on Boston Memorial Week - Really great story and thanks for the read - K
kwater chapter 4 . 7/11/2007
Hm...nice.. moving on...K
kwater chapter 2 . 7/11/2007
We fumble around nearly get killed and then figure it out... they should needlepoint that on a pillow - K
kwater chapter 1 . 7/11/2007
Great start ready to read on...Thanks K
Marvin is my Muse chapter 6 . 7/10/2007
This story was awesome! Dean's intense reaction to the Mayor's crime and the post-hunt angst was so well done! I also love how you wrote him not caring about the things the ghost said because of the way he sometimes thought about Sam. You managed to turn a potential mentally scaring event into Brotherly snark and love! Well done!

-Marvin
K Hanna Korossy chapter 6 . 6/29/2007
Could I really not have written a review for this? Shame on me, because it certainly deserved one. I know there were 2-3 lines in each chapter that had me laughing aloud and that just sounded so especially THEM. But what sticks with me most from this story, even weeks later, is how easily Dean always forgives, that even though this brings to light all kinds of pain over his past and even present with Sam, there's no question of Dean resenting or it coming between them. And also I love Dean's horror that a brother could have hurt another. It's so far beyond his ken. Just some really nice details and plot points in here. I'll do better with details next time!
stealthyone chapter 6 . 4/28/2007
Good to see the boys on their way, without the local cops after them. Nice wrap-up to the story.

Favorite lines:

“As if that woman needed help being any more hoity-toity. She’ll make us all call her Madam Mayor. I still remember when we called her Peanut.”

*g* I love that even her brothers find her annoying.

“They go off to college and get all uppity,” Dean commiserated.

“Dean…” Sam growled.

“See what I mean?”

The policeman snorted.

*snickers* Cute exchange.

Sam felt like he’d been sucker-punched. It was everything that they’d been worrying about and fighting over and fighting against for months now.

Nice phrasing.

“We weren’t there. Maybe it was… necessary,” Sam answered through a suddenly constricted throat. “Pete, he’d lost his way. He was dangerous.”

“No,” Dean said vehemently. “No.”

“Sometimes it has to be done.”

Love this the parallels to Sam and Dean, the way they’re talking about it without talking about it.

“Well, remind me not to get possessed anytime soon.” He put the car in gear. “Apparently, you’ll just shoot me.”

“Dean!” Sam said, horrified.

*snickers*

“Man, you better slow down or you’re gonna get a ticket.”

“It’s ok,” Dean gave him a wide, white-toothed grin, pushing the pedal to the floor. “I know the new mayor. She loves me.”

Cute ending.

Another great story here. As always, I enjoyed the plot, the pacing and the characterizations. Thanks for a good read!
136 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »