Reviews for Tales of The Cosmic War vol 1 A Hero's Evolution
Piccolo Sky chapter 53 . 8/8/2012
Phew! Finally got a chance to read it!

Appropos sentiments from that Venom Myostimon thing... Now he has to go in the category of most henchmen: "Kind of dumb and easy to kill."

I think it's a foregone conclusion that Lacus is going to be smacked down violently, necessitating a hostage crisis in the climax. I could be wrong though. Just making my predictions.
Piccolo Sky chapter 52 . 7/28/2012
Heh...how in character for X to stop in the middle of a battle and whine about having to keep fighting. :P Exactly how many times has Sigma been "reborn with ultimate power" now? Seven? Eight?

Sometimes you have to wonder what goes through the heads of these villains. "Ha! He's only beaten me numerous times already! What makes him think he'll beat me again?"

And again, I have to insist. It's a little late now, but if you're going to reveal the next chapter, I'd suggest being as vague, brief, and minor as possible. Like a cryptic phrase that can be interpreted different ways. Don't reveal all of what's going to happen. Because then the reader ends up just skimming through thinking, "Yeah...all of this stuff doesn't really matter because I know what's going to happen."
Piccolo Sky chapter 51 . 7/14/2012
Hmm...well, it'll be interesting to see how you handle this. Multiple plot threads are toughies. I should know. Now, granted, most of your characters aren't big enough to really merit any focus on them other than a fight, but still. And it really depends on if you're wanting to handle this simultaneously or sequentially (like you've mostly been doing up until now). I guess we'll see.

Although...I do wonder if this is going to be pretty much just one continuous fight after another until the end. Taking a brief glance over the chapters, it seems that way. I mean, that's perfectly alright. It's neither here nor there, depending on how well it's done. Anyway...we'll see.
Piccolo Sky chapter 47 . 7/7/2012
Yeah, like I said before, Lacus is pathetic. Just a mere child. Even if she was trying to make a relationship with Ben, I'd tell her to get lost. You can't have respect for someone who has no respect for themselves.

Well, I'll go ahead and say you caught me off guard with this one. I expected a one-sided beatdown. But, as you alluded to, the draw might be simply because Ben knew all of Ezan's moves.

Something tells me you were reading a lot of Dragonball going into this fight, though. :P Some of the dialogue was straight from the manga. But that's alright. I've done the same thing in my stuff. Occasionally, you just come across a great line that would only sound bad if you paraphrased it. One of my personal favorites is when an opponent says something along the lines of, "I'll die before I'll let you do X." To which the villain responds, "HAVE IT YOUR WAY!"

Anyway, I read a bit early today because I'm heading out tonight.
Piccolo Sky chapter 46 . 7/1/2012
Man...I think at some point, you're going to have to show a side story where Ben got smacked upside the head with a "stupid stick". Like I said in the last chapter, if I thought the earlier fight against Broli, er, Brad was one-sided, this is going to be infinitely more so.

My only prediction is something will break it up before the idiot gets himself killed...
Piccolo Sky chapter 45 . 6/23/2012
Xehamaru was yelling at the good guys for making long, boring speeches? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black... I thought for being the main bad guy he would be a bit smarter. I think he just set the record for level of overconfidence in this one. Someone must have hit him with a stupid stick for not bothering to try and sense energy.

Anyway, looks like you went the same way I did and couldn't stand to leave Aerith dead. :D

I noticed in a chapter or two it's Ben vs. Ezan. Terrific...and I thought the fight against Brad was one sided... :P
Piccolo Sky chapter 44 . 6/16/2012
Finally got around to finishing another chapter. A bit surprised to see Sephiroth didn't make a return appearance, but somehow I think he'll still be able to return. In fact, that's probably the guy talking to Ezan right now.
Piccolo Sky chapter 43 . 6/10/2012
Well, seems Genesis did get a bit of rambling in, but not too much, which is nice.

Might I make a small suggestion? I would have titles that indicate less of what's happening in the chapters. By simply scrolling through the available chapters, a reader already knows what's coming. It kind of damages the suspense...

Although these latest chapters are holding my interest, it's pretty obvious Sephiroth is going to come back.
Piccolo Sky chapter 42 . 6/3/2012
Finished the chapter. Thank you so much for not making Genesis a rambling idiot...well, at least not rambling any more than the standard story villain does. If started spouting more poetry, however, I would have had to puke.
Piccolo Sky chapter 41 . 5/27/2012
Ugh...I hope that blithering fop doesn't end up being stronger than Sephiroth. Maybe he'd actually be able to win if he could stop rambling for five minutes. I have an incredibly low opinion of Genesis and think he's severely overrated, as I explained why on the RP earlier.

Considering what I did with Denzel in my own story, you can guess my feelings on the matter. Eh...they should let him rot in a prison labor camp.

Tarkin doesn't really have much reason to boast about his army since they get cut apart left and right... That's kind of like Krang from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles boasting that he can make Foot Soldiers AKA sword fodder.
Piccolo Sky chapter 40 . 5/26/2012
Finished another chapter. Just letting you know I'm reading.
Piccolo Sky chapter 39 . 5/19/2012
Just letting you know I'm still reading, and that I finished this chapter.
Piccolo Sky chapter 38 . 5/11/2012
Hmm...even when getting creamed, the big dumb dog doesn't seem to know when he's been swatted with a newspaper. Assuming you're going the full "DBZ" route with him, "one-hundred percent" wouldn't have helped him. He would have been slower than ever and he already had a speed disadvantage, and he would have only been tearing up his own body with every move. And of course, he's still boasting, which is just more stupidity on his part.

To answer Lacus' question...maybe when he stops being an arrogant braggart to everyone else who's not him, people will start going "easier" on him. Until that point, he'll have no shortage of people willing to dance on his grave the day he dies.
Piccolo Sky chapter 37 . 5/9/2012
Finally got another chapter read. Not much to say here...another couple of fights, more guys on the docket to kill. :P
Piccolo Sky chapter 36 . 4/22/2012
Mmm...I dunno. The last few chapters seemed to be on an upswing in which you were incrementally improving...but this one I think may have taken a few steps back, namely in that the fights seem fairly familiar...all things we've seen before. Basically, lots of gloating, people getting hit by major attacks, everyone thinking it's done, and the guy coming out with a few scratches. Predictable. I guess I'm kind of eager to get off of the "Kingdom Hearts" kick and back to the more "original" parts of the story that didn't involve characters from other games. I thought those were better.
159 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »