Reviews for The Life and Times of Barty Crouch Jr
levele3 chapter 3 . 10/6/2011
this is my fave chapter, I just love it.
TheSoliloquy chapter 15 . 11/18/2009
Amazing! That's pretty much exactly how I imagined Barty Crouch Jr, and since I have David Tennant imprinted in my head since the film, I can picture him doing all of that! I especially liked the way he made Rodolphus jealous, and how he could be compared so closely to Sirius. :))
Ermengarde chapter 15 . 2/2/2008
OK, finally got round to reviewing! I love the way you portray Barty, the more I read the more it just seems to fit- the irony, the inner conflict and his relationships with other characters... just perfect.

This fic had definiely given me lots to think about and the format (each chapter as a One-Shot) has sorted out a problem I was having with a piece of original fiction. So, thank you. I look forward to reading more.

Ermengarde
Meryl12 chapter 15 . 1/13/2008
I never really thought of Peter as brave before, but with that definition of brave, which is the one I believe too, he does have those qualities... hm, this one definitely made me think
computercatastrophe chapter 15 . 1/11/2008
I liked this look at Wormtail and Barty together. There must have been lots of time for these little chats at the beginning of GoF. Nice perspective on Gryffindor/Slytherin notions of courage. But I'm not sure I recognised the fanatic "I shall be dearer to him than a son" Barty of GoF.

Regards

Possum
toujourspurPAL chapter 11 . 12/18/2007
ha...I love that poem. Twas brillig... ah, bliss. You've done quite well here, really captured him. And especially his father. And the Cruciatus is quite good as well.

toujours pur
HeyEugene chapter 4 . 12/11/2007
I never thought of Barty and Sirius being alike. This is interesting, original, and well written.
HeyEugene chapter 2 . 12/11/2007
You know it's well written when you have more pity for the butterflies killed than the people in the raid. Interesting insight.
computercatastrophe chapter 14 . 11/16/2007
Good picture of what it must be to live under the Imperius Curse.

Regards

Possum
fragilestrength chapter 14 . 11/14/2007
Wow, that was gorgeous! I think this is my favorite of your pieces by far (and so far, for that matter) and knowing me, it's probably mainly because of how wonderfully you managed to pull off the disjointed feel of it but still make it flow.

And looking back on that sentence, I'm realtively sure that's impossible.

OH WELL. P There you go, you pulled off the impossible! P

You've got Barty so wonderfully, and you seem to have some sort of 'insider' knowledge as to what having the Imperius Curse placed on you is like, when we all know that's impossible.

...-shifty-...

P Anyway, I loved it, per usual.

-Cayenne
Lexie-H chapter 14 . 11/14/2007
Oh! Your rainbow story! I do adore this, really, it's a beautiful characterisation of Barty and an amazing use of the motivation we gave you all ) Love it, even more so second time around!
Lexie-H chapter 13 . 11/12/2007
"Imagine there's no purebloods"

Perfect. So very Sirius, and just... very very clever. How did you come up with that one?

I liked this chapter - the fact that Regulus also used Snape's textbook, and the fact that Snape and Regulus seem to be vaguely friendly, which is such a contrast to Sirius and Snape (and then, it's strange again, because Regulus seems to have a yearning for his brother while still managing to be friendly with Snape)

And I liked Barty's almost obsessive fixation with labelling Snape, and the fact that he struggled to do so. It says so much about both characters. Well done!
fragilestrength chapter 13 . 11/9/2007
Wow, this is suprememly interesting!

My favorites are probably Fall and Royal and Never; I especially love the way you portrayed Bella as having complete control over her husband, Barty and (in her mind) the Dark Lord, and Barty having control of Reggie (poor thing).

You cast a very interesting Barty, and a very good Narcissa, Snape and Regulus and a ridiculously entertaining if a little-more-sane-then-I-like-her Bella.

I hope you're going to continue this; I'm very interested in keeping up. )

-Cayenne
Possum132 chapter 13 . 10/16/2007
I know this is supposed to be about Barty, but the glimpses of the absent Sirius and Snape were fascinating.
bonnie-incognito chapter 12 . 10/4/2007
Ooh... Drama! So dark, and... weird, as always! Love it, update soon!