Reviews for An Unexpected Alliance
Noogat chapter 3 . 10/23/2010
Ha, this chapter was funny. You probably aren't gonna fix this anymore, but the only thing that bothered me was that there were plenty of grammar mistakes...
salty-sarah chapter 11 . 9/2/2010
This is an absolutely brilliant series (o: Hearing it from Minerva's POV gives the frigid Head-of-House a real face and personality that is hard not to like, to not commiserate with, sympathise with. I also love the characterisations you've done. I have to admit I skipped Lupin's recount of his visit to Greyback, being rather squeamish, but you handled the situation marvellously. And Snape, and Sirius, and Fred…I could go on, I think, but I hope you've got the sentiment (o: Thanks so much for sharing this. Cheers!
EternalDementia5 chapter 11 . 8/26/2010
Love this story! Its nice to see a different side of McGonagall and you write her very well.
QueenKit chapter 11 . 8/24/2010
I love this story. *big grin*

Not much more I can say than that. I think it's well written and your portrayal of the characters is really good.
okieredrose chapter 11 . 8/15/2010
Very good story. I like seeing an insight into what might be going on behind the scenes in Ootp. this is also one of the best characterizations I've seen of MM in fanfic. I look forward to reading more.
Lina Ben chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
Great story so far. I'll have to read the rest in the morning. Keep writing!
CaduceusSiren chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
Love it! ...What? you wanted a 'Love it!', so I present to you a 'Love it!'. Besides, I do!
old-crow chapter 11 . 7/18/2010
Hi,

Best wishes as you continue with your story.

O-C
old-crow chapter 3 . 7/18/2010
Hi,

Your Umbridge makes a very believable villian.

Well told,

O-C
SilverWolf77 chapter 11 . 7/5/2010
I love it! hehe

Minerva is perfect here. (:

I have to say the scenes with her and Fred are my favorite! :D

I can't wait to read more!

-silverwolf-
DecepticonDefenestrater chapter 11 . 6/26/2010
This is a good story. Minerva's perspective is interesting. I hope you write more.
saltkettle chapter 11 . 6/23/2010
This is EXCELLENT!I love this! I have never seen anything even remotely like this, and I must say I love that you have taken the time to flesh out the background characters to a point where they are just as real as the original main characters. It absolutely lovely to see more of Minerva, she doesn't usually get any screen time. I love that you have her as more of a prankster, because that is just so perfectly fitting. One of my favorite parts of the fifth book is when she tells Peeves the correct way to unscrew a chandelier! My one regret is that you seem to be following cannon explicitly... It is always sad when favorite characters die... But Alas!

Anyway, I love how suddenly the teachers have personalities. They are not stiff un-fun people as they are usually portrayed, but you also took the time to make sure they were very realistic. I'm glad they weren't suddenly completely silly, as has happened in other fics, and they have their own lives and drama's playing out. Minnie and Sevvy are so fun! And I especially love your portrayal of Lupin!

On a minor note, in an earlier chapter you mentioned Cho Chang chasing a quaffle? She's a seeker.

Kthanxbye!
Crookykanks chapter 11 . 6/22/2010
Quite loving this! One of the absolute best stories I've read in years. Your Minerva (as well as your other characters) are completely in character and delightfully multidimensional! I've got this on story alert and hope to be reviewing further chapters in the very near future!

Also, I have to say I'm deeply curious about how far you're planning to take your "romance" genre. ;)
tough cookie chapter 3 . 6/22/2010
LOVE IT !

The whole story is brilliantly written!
weepingphoenix101 chapter 11 . 6/22/2010
So glad to see you're continuing this! I've missed it. I look forward to seeing how you twist your way through the rest of the school year. I hope we see more Fred and Minerva interaction soon! ;)
628 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »