Reviews for Marking Time
ilovesg1andNASA chapter 7 . 5/8/2007
Great ending! Beautifully written! Do you play an instrument because you described Sam playing the cello almost like it came from personal experience and you got the musical terms like the DS al Coda right? I loved how you made it a theme throughout the whole story (just because I play the violin and love string instruments _). I must be weird having your grandmother in your textbooks at school and seeing yourself as a baby in a video that you watched in school. but overall, just LOVED the story! Going straigt to my favorites list!
Starlover1990 chapter 7 . 5/8/2007
aw wonderful chapter Jenn, very well written. i loved it:D
NZNeep chapter 7 . 5/8/2007
You. Made. Me. Cry!

That was beautiful.
cartertwo chapter 7 . 5/8/2007
Oh my... I actually wept at the end. I knew it was Sam, and I knew she would pass at the end. This was perfection.

"Because while one life will be forever too short to accomplish everything, through the other lives it has touched, it is unending." Absolutely breathtaking summary - and nice tie-in to the show...unending - yes, always...
stusue chapter 7 . 5/8/2007
This last chapter was so beautifully perfect! When I realised that Jack had passed on and Sam was alone, the tears started. Then, when I realised that Sam had gone to join him, I was crying in earnest. Not so much because their time had come, but rather because it was so beautifully written ... and unexpected. At least they were together and had a family and, hopefully, a really happy life together. And I loved the way Terri became so close to Sam as she grew up. I loved the way the cello seemed to became a character throughout this fic, its music meaning so much to Sam and Jack, and linking so many lives. And your last paragraph ... what can I say? It was perfect. I am so sorry we've come to the end of such a beautiful fic. :o)
StanaTorv chapter 7 . 5/8/2007
really cool...its not the end is it?
Ilovesg1 chapter 7 . 5/8/2007
Too beautiful for words. I was leaking water into my keyboard by the end. Lovely stories of their lives, woven together by the music and the cello. Thank you.
froggy0319 chapter 7 . 5/8/2007
I really enjoyed this :)
mara-anni chapter 6 . 5/5/2007
This was brilliant and fantastic and wonderful, and did i mention brilliant.

Every chapter's been great but this has to be my absolute favourite so far.

I loved everything about it - the way Teal'c settled Jack's fears and let us (the reader) know that she had remained devoted to jack all those years and that he revealed the Cello thing.

And i loved persistent Jack - how could you ever deny him? He's just too irressistable :)

Hope you post more soon, i can't wait.
Ilovesg1 chapter 6 . 5/5/2007
Teal'c has mellowed. Jack's right, what could be wrong about just one tiny little comment...or two. Very nice.
StanaTorv chapter 6 . 5/5/2007
cool...will there be any more?
stusue chapter 6 . 5/5/2007
Just as at the end of the last chapter, where her cello was all alone, in this chapter her new cello was also alone, but this time Sam was saying hello to it, rather than saying goodbye to it. I loved the imagery of the light bringing life to the cello. It seemed like the spirit of her old cello was inhabiting her new one, and Sam felt it as she touched it for the first time. It was a wonderful feeling as I read it. :o)
cess525 chapter 3 . 5/4/2007
Ok was going to R&R the whole story but saw the spoiler tags for the next chapter so I will wait till I see Unending. Good chapter 3 (pretty sure I have told you the other chapters are awesome). Love the way you wrote the past and the current comfort.

B
froggy0319 chapter 6 . 5/4/2007
I really needed the smile tonight, so thanks :) You fic was just what I needed!
gater62 chapter 6 . 5/4/2007