Reviews for Change of Power
Kitten Arina chapter 24 . 2/24
My biggest wonder is not all who is coming but when you will return to this story as you have done a decent job with it. I say decent because while there are a lot of changes and enough to stand out you are basically stealing from the cartoon that we know. But Like I said there are enough big changes in here to make it feel as your own. So if at all possible could you return to finish this story? Because I have truly enjoyed it and hate seeing stories just sit around collecting cyber dust and being burried in the way many things fall in the cyber world.
Qaint chapter 1 . 2/23
Good things and bad things to say. The bad things are mostly just my preference. As such, you will find that you cannot keep your story the same and avoid my criticism. It is in no way damning what you have done, but I am being harsh and frank for your benefit and since this was last updated in 2012 I wouldn't be surprised if you have developed beyond anything useful I have to say for this.

Starting with the good, it is very well written both in style and grammar. There's been put thought into the dialogue. The progression is great throughout and almost didn't skip any lines. The characters are mostly acting within their bounds too.
Of the things you introduce, I especially like the shinto priest and the road of self-discovery wasn't too long and it was inventive enough, though I find I agree with Kaztsar on it being a cliché and just a vehicle for you to power up Ranma. Which leads us to the bad things.
I am not going to read any further than this chapter because of some irreconcilable features you have introduced.
The bad is mostly about a few issues I have with your way of doing things in this. This is a Ranma story, right?
Where is Ranma?
Because to me, he died somewhere in the middle of this chapter when you changed his demeanor, look, attitude, upped his abilities for seemingly no reason, and in general removed all his flaws. That makes for a very boring invincible character or a Mary Sue in all but name.
For future works, I would scale the story to fit the characters rather than the reverse.

The way you broke up Akane and Ranma was also very hamfisted and not subtle at all. It was toeing the line of being bashing of Akane's character as you only showed off her 'negative' tendencies.
However this method is hard to avoid as you chose to start off right when their bond is at their strongest in the series, which demands greater evidence as to why he'd leave and start caring less and less (through no fault of our perfect hero, of course).
For me, this is enough to lay it off; each individual piece of it was well written, but I cannot ignore the overall direction you've set.

Best regards,
Qaint
Kitten Arina chapter 3 . 2/23
So far I have been enjoying this story but I am left wondering why it is in the cross over that it is in currently into this story. Also this story has yet been marked completed or if it has been it has been removed. If it has not been completed could you please update soon I hate it when stories sit unfinished rather if it is a good story or a bad one.
ews1 chapter 24 . 1/27
This has been good but the last few chapters were definitely my favs. Hopefully you decide to carry on especially as we havent really seen all his mutation yet. I like your version of Ranma, he sticks up for himself without being a dick about it
yurei king chapter 24 . 12/26/2014
You've got a really good setup for this and have developed it really well.

Favorite added in hopes of seeing an update eventually.
The Keeper of Worlds chapter 24 . 11/6/2014
I LIKE this Ranma, a LOT:). He soooooo needs to get with Tabitha(Cheshire Cat grin)!
TimberlineWolf chapter 19 . 10/3/2014
in your defense, you did this one extremely well. it wasn't at all hard to see the fight in my while hearing the song likewise.
an excellent choice
Biblio388 chapter 24 . 9/22/2014
Getting really interesting now. I really can't wait to see who the other four are and how the dynamics will change.
Biblio388 chapter 23 . 9/22/2014
That as certainly cool. Now I see why you said people would complain about the power but I personally don't have a problem with it. He is Ranma. If anyone would get a strong and useful power ir would be the guy who killed a phoenix god. Good story and hope to read more in the future.
Biblio388 chapter 16 . 9/22/2014
Very enjoyable read. Like the interactions and plot.
Biblio388 chapter 11 . 9/22/2014
Like the bet and the situation leading up to it. Seems like that should be fun to see later.
Biblio388 chapter 5 . 9/21/2014
He just can't catch a break. Still, keeps things interesting for the readers. Good chapter.
Biblio388 chapter 2 . 9/21/2014
Interesting chapter. Like what happened and the justification at the end. Good to know the author cares what we think.
Guest chapter 4 . 8/17/2014
I know this has already been written but I have to wonder why bother making him a mutant? Not only does it seem gross overkill considering how much you've powered him up already but it would have been a lot more fun to not make hm a mutant and still able to kick all their asses! I like your power-ups but seriously after all you did adding mutant powers seems irrelevant and if anything boring.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/17/2014
Pretty cool although I don't understand how thinks he needs a longer range form when you say his claws can shred anything within a 100 meters. I suppose he could just get a rifle if that's his concern.