Reviews for Hit List
LauParisi chapter 19 . 1/5/2013
So one thing led to another and I stumbled across this story. Honestly you had me hooked from the beginning. Holy cow you are incredible talented! This your style of writing is incredible! The plot itself was beautifully done (though this might not have been the smartest thing to start reading the night winter break ended. Especially with a high school like mine but that's more of my own stupidity). The way you created each character and incorporated the Triforce was wonderfully done! What you said about cliques and high school social ladder is all too true. I couldn't agree with it more. This is an incredible story and I hope you do the sequel. If you do please inform me, I'd love to read it!
Ailavyn Siniyash chapter 19 . 12/18/2012
Well, I just finished this for the second time in as many weeks, so as you can probably tell, I ADORED it. The idea was just... for lack of a better word, brilliant. It's amazingly different from other Modern AUs/ High School settings, and one of the best, if not THE best, out there. Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of romance, but the way you handled it blew me away. Poor Link and Zel, getting interrupted twice when they were about to kiss! Your humor was perfect: it balanced out the seriousness of the story well, and made me laugh out loud a lot more than once, which is surprisingly hard to do. Pineapples, Kafei, pineapples. Also Zelda knocking over a certain Hero and then being mortified about it to Aryll. Funny. And I've never played the Oracle games, but Ralph sees like quite a character!

There were a few things that bothered me, one of which was simple personal preference: I'm not overly fond of Sheik being his own separate character, because he was just Zelda's disguise, not anyone real. Still, his characterization was so amazing that it didn't bother me at all after the first few chapters. Anything for a good character! The other things that bothered me were that you spelled Colin's name Collin the whole way through and several typos that you didn't catch, but nothing major. (Well, except for the fact that I stayed up till 1:30 reading this two school nights in a row, but that doesn't count. IT just goes to show how much I loved it.)

About the sequel: is Fi going to be a sword-spirit like in Skyward, or an actual human? It's just that when Farore (loved her scene, by the way) said to "seek out your other half"and then called the "other half" a "she", it took me awhile to figure out, but now I have a more-than-sneaking suspicion that this she is the Master Sword. And you did say Fi would be involved. I guess I'll just have to hope... Speaking of which, please please post the sequel soon! I'm a very impatient person, and I'm simply BURNING to read it. For titles, how about "Time's Irony", "Time's Games", or "Unfortunate Encounters" ? I'm horrid at titles too.

Wow, that was a long review!

Ailavyn Siniyash
Raenyx chapter 19 . 11/14/2012
Awesome story! I love how you keep the characters in true to the character they were based on and yet mold them into unique characters in their own right. The story was definitely well paced and grammatically your writing is top notch. I did have some small gripe about the speech at the end: I myself wouldn't be that stirred by it, but that's just me and I don't get stirred by speeches that much anyway. Other than that, great story, and I can't wait for the sequel!
ByStarlight999 chapter 19 . 11/12/2012
I must say, even on the third read-through, this story is pretty much brilliant. Are you still planning on writing a sequel?
Mugen Kagemaru chapter 19 . 11/11/2012
Yo, ZC! it's me again. Still waiting patiently for the sequel.

I didn't say this before, so I'll say it now. Your little shout-out to MLP:FiM? Spectacular. I must admit, I would laugh if, in the sequel, Link had become, at the bare minimum, a closet brony in the interim period.

As for a possible title for the sequel...

"The Darkness Before The Dawn"

Keep it Zesty,

-KV
nebulakid chapter 19 . 10/22/2012
Best story I've ever read. Period.
NicktezXD chapter 19 . 10/14/2012
Dude god knows when this story was published, hopefully your done with the sequel *gives excited smile * but it had an amazing plot the story seemed to draw me in every chapter so that I couldn't pay attention to any of my classes (i read it on mobil) or anything anywhere else early pulled an all nighter trying to finish it last night (thank god it was saturday) well worth the tiredness and heavy eyes! more thing! I jumped for joy when you said you went to a linkin park concert lmao I have somewhat of an passion for them! howed the concert goby the way?
Guest chapter 19 . 10/9/2012
I LOVED THIS STORY. Yours is one of the few actual plot stories that i have read (that isnt fluff). The plot, the characters, everything. Your stories are also ones that made me wish that i knew the zelda universe better. Ive only played SS, so while i was playing TP, you can imagine my face when i meet shad and ashei.
The ZXL and MXS moments were great, i LOVED it when midna admitted her feelings.
All i have left to say is that i would spend hours reading this in the middle of the night.
Thank you, and please continue writing these masterpieces.
Guest chapter 11 . 10/4/2012
THIS IS AMAZING

in the begining i kept on waiting for sheik and midna to kiss though...
LoveMadness chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
Another Legend of Zelda interesting fic. I'm glad... *sob* Kidding!
Neez chapter 19 . 8/7/2012
The MLP part totally cracked me up. You sir, are totally awesome.
Neez chapter 16 . 8/7/2012
58 pages?!
Damn! That's a long chapter. And a really good one too. I nearly reared up when Colin said that he should be arrested too.
Guest chapter 4 . 7/5/2012
deep man deep
Arid Tundra chapter 19 . 7/4/2012
It's great to find a stories at all in the Zelda fandom, let alone long and well written ones! I did feel like it dragged a bit at times, but your handling of the huge cast of characters all doing different things at the same time didn't actually get confusing at all, which is a great achievement. It was nice to see the stuff like seeing people get killed and killing yourself wasn't just glossed over in favour of the action, while at the same time keeping the story realistically lighthearted enough that it didn't turn into an angst fest.

Now for the stuff I think you could improve on. I didn't like the climatic battle scene at all. The 'flicker' bits just irritated me so I skipped past them, they made the whole thing disjointed. Instead of being a visceral, breathless action scene involving makeshift weapons - a la Jason Bourne, which I think you were going for - it was just a bit random and I didn't really feel invested in it. The window scenes were much better as they were unbroken.

There was also your characterisation of all the girls. Aside from that one henchwoman of Ganondorf's I felt like they all had the same character - 'quirky.' You yourself describe Link liking Zelda for her 'quirkiness.' Not her Wisdom? And speaking of that - she was hardly using her brain and thinking strategically, all her 'wisdom' just came from her premonitions. Then again, I've only played Ocarina and Majora's Mask, so take that comment as you will. Anyway, as I was saying, all the female characters are only defined by their various amounts of 'quirky', with Midna at the top with her grating and imo unbelievable perkiness. If you've never heard of the movie trope 'Manic Pixie Dream Girl,' you should look it up on TvTropes, as that's what all your female characters reminded me of.
nebulakid chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
one of the best stories i have ever read. outstanding job.
483 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 .. Last Next »