Reviews for 22: Bad Day
Darkflame's Pyre chapter 11 . 4/25/2012
Yay! Happy-endedness! Where in heck do your plots come from! Genius. Xx
Writer With Sprite chapter 11 . 6/21/2011
Looks really good, I have printed it out to read. Can't wait.
Sam1 chapter 11 . 5/25/2007
I'm so sorry, I just noticed that I hadn't reviewed this chapter.

You tied up everything nicely and I absolutely loved the John who decided to make a life with Dr. Bennett and Janie and the little boy. LMAO at the little comment about Scott eventually bailing Alan out. Too funny!

Hoping for more subplots and such soon!
cathrl chapter 11 . 5/15/2007
Oh, wow.

Everything pulls together, and you even made things right for Matt and Pete! (wipes tear from eye).

I didn't get the half of it, and I think I have to go draw myself a plan of who's from which universe, but it obviously makes sense even if I didn't understand it. Just brilliant. If only more fanfic was this good.

So - the epic's finished, but there are lots of subplots to be told within the existing timeline? Right? (hopeful look...)
Eternal Density chapter 11 . 5/13/2007
Don't feel bad about the happy ending :P

Even, so it's not like absolutely everything is tied up. Spin the wheel and see what happens... sums it up well.

Silly Alan :D He adds a nice bit of extra colour to the story though, even if he doesn't really do a heap to help.

The scene between Scott and John is well done too, and well in character.

Apologies to Busted, but I got creative...

Having a bad day, can see no way to get away,

if there's a needle in the hay, it's not appearing ('pearing!)

Braman's come to play, it seems like you're the one to pay,

And left without an arm you say that doom is nearing (nearing!)

But now, Five's, back in time and space,

There's nothing you can't fa-a-ace, fa-a-ace

Don't be scared, please, stop the shaking.

You can stand after the quaking.

Quantum dots are calculating:

You, will, eventually survive

when you're hanging out with Five

Trapped within a maze, has it been centuries or days?

there are too many diff'rent ways in which you could go (could go!)

Floating in 5d, you don't know who you ought to be,

But suddenly at last you see a lavender glow (her glow!)

*repeat chorus lots of times etc.*
Tikatu chapter 11 . 5/12/2007
I'm a sucker for one, too!

It took me a bit to figure out which John went where, but it finally became clear. Both worlds/families received back their "dead", and Matt's world is once again alive... whether or not it self-immolates is still up in the air, but at least it's not functioning as raw material for the alien AI.

And...sque! You shoehorned the Beacon in! (You didn't have to, but I'm so glad to see it!) ;D

It seems you've come full circle, so now I have to wonder: where to next? Looking forward to more from you, but take your time.
BoomerCat chapter 11 . 5/12/2007
Okay, I'm making an assumption here... I don't usually review stories until they are finished, but hey, after that last one with the 43 thousand epilogues... This story was really good. A lot of your multiverse stuff goes right over my head, but this one had just the right amount of um, groundedness, to be understandable to my poor little brain. I am so glad you let Johnny make it home safely, and I loved the image of Gordon pulling him out like birthing a foal. Very cool. As always the imagery was so visual I could see it all in my head like a movie playing out. Didn't like the Spartenburg-as-Armeggedon scenes, but even that was because the realism was uncomfortable. Keep up the most excellent work... except, you need more Gordon, but I suspect you knew that.
Eternal Density chapter 10 . 5/5/2007
Hmm, progress. If you can call getting lost in multiple time dimensions 'progress'. Well at least Five's finally found him. But now there's a kid in the wrong universe too... great stuff :D
Tikatu chapter 9 . 4/29/2007
Is the something moving John? Or is it the child that's fallen through? Or will John rescue the child in Mexico City and crawl out on his own in Spartanburg? Inquiring minds want to know.

Love the description of the inside of the probe, likening it to an Escher print. It's probably the only visual analogy that works.

The boys are going to get quite a shock when/if (since I'm not sure you'll let this happen) John crawls out. And there's still no guarantee that Five will find him in this universe. Good thing she's got that copy stored away in her data banks.

Looking forward to the next update!
Eternal Density chapter 9 . 4/29/2007
Oh Alan... such a 'special' child :P "danger and babes-with-guns at the same time" seems to imply that the latter isn't danger. lol.

Alien artifacts are nasty business. Ouch.

Five sure has her work cut out for her... I can see how a binary search doesn't work too well on an infinite problem space.

You do a great job of describing movement through higher dimensions.
Sam1 chapter 9 . 4/29/2007
Dear God, would somebody please smack Alan upside his head? Since Scott's right there so he can do it! So, Alan may have seen or noticed John moving around inside the probe thingy.

Leave it to Gordon and Virgil to be the big softies for those school children. I knew there was a reason I liked them!

Great update and now hurry with the next!
Sam1 chapter 8 . 4/29/2007
Okay, that was a bit freaky though reassuring that John hallucinated figures of Pete and Scott so that he could survive. Well written and obviously well thought out. Liked the end when John 'met' what could have been his counterpart but I feel badly that he doubts himself in helping when it's really needed.

Awesome update, MG!
Eternal Density chapter 8 . 4/27/2007
ooh, a new chapter. FF failed to tell me for some reason.

Hallucinations are sure handy :D I like the idea of the probe being a bridge between dimensions. And John actually succeeding to construct stuff is quite remarkable. Must be tough having multiple memories, one arm missing, and only anti-food.

I really like the mood of this chapter. It works.
Tikatu chapter 8 . 4/22/2007
The exquisite detail with which you tell John's preparations for his hopeful escape is marvelous. I loved the appearance of Pete, then Scott, and finally, Matt. Spirits of that world, yet not. I really felt I was there, checking out the probe, looking for the way home with John.

And what will Jeff and the crew find in Spartanburg, huh? The Beacon? (popular local drive-in; huge burgers, etc.) Interesting parallel there with the overlap of towns, and one I hope you'll fully explore... wait, I hope? Nah, I _know_ you will!

Looking forward to the next chapter!
Ms Hobgoblin chapter 7 . 4/17/2007
Hey MG, I missed loads of updates, and I've just caught up (finally!). This is going great. You are managing the dimentions and John really well, and thats no easy task!

Loads to like in this, it different and interesting.

keep going.