Reviews for The Best of Things
maritinkerbell chapter 1 . 2/3
This story is beautiful! I like how you bounce between characters, and we get a glimpse of the entire cast- a great tableau of a very emotional time in the books!
Siriusmunchkin chapter 1 . 10/12/2009
Very well done. The spirit of hope, joy, and love shows through.
gibrelina chapter 1 . 1/7/2009
The ending is perfect! And I love the whole thing, especially the fact that Dung was the one who brought the tree (even if he DID stole it) lol
MySite chapter 1 . 10/5/2008
Gah, I should be studying but I can't stop reading your fanfiction. I really loved this one!
jamie the marauder chapter 1 . 5/7/2008
Great story! I love it!
StopItImSpecial chapter 1 . 11/5/2007
Great story, I loved it!
Gaby Black chapter 1 . 10/27/2007
Again I feel so sad for Sirius... Another great story (“I don’t know what you’re laughing at,” Remus says. “They were yours.” lol). I definitely think you should write more Sirius even though Remus is your favourite character (as you *might* have noticed, Sirius is my favourite ;)).

- Gaby
Calyndra chapter 1 . 10/14/2007
Wow, this one is amazing. I love how you've skipped about showing everyone's perspective on things. There's a little bit of everything, and that takes skill! Sirius and Harry, Bill and Fleur, Remus and Tonks, Marauderness, constant vigilance, Dung stealing something and yet proving his worth all at the same time, and Ginny's real opinion, and all for the price of one. I'm very impressed. Have you written anything else like this one? I haven't found any yet, but I've a few of yours left to go, I think. If not, you should.

Oh, and yes, in RL I am a music teacher, and I enjoy a little of all types of music and a lot of many types. :) I sing soprano and play flute and piccolo.

Which brings up an interesting thought... I've never sorted HP characters out by which instrument they're likely to play. It's almost a personality test. I'll let you know what I come up with.

~Caly
rrrrrrr chapter 1 . 8/28/2007
That is seriously the best Christmas at Grimauld Place fic. I've seen, I like the way you showed it from different points of view, and I like the way it made me feel warm and fuzzy inside! )
VoicezWithin chapter 1 . 8/25/2007
Incredibly sweet and the way you wrote it just made me feel like it was Christmas, even thought its August outside. The story had a very, sort of romantic and kind of love-spirit about it. It was fantastic, and the how you changed the POVS was nice, being able to see things through everybody's eyes. Very nice. D
fireblazie chapter 1 . 8/9/2007
All this Christmas-fic makes me wish it really *was* Christmas! The Christmas-blues-in-August, that's what I have. Wish I had a whole family of good wizards and witches to make me laugh, at any rate. xD;

Remus splitting his pants is just cute. ;D And I really adore your Sirius, by the way. That moment he had with Harry earlier... that was very touching.

"So he does the only thing he can think of – he scoops up a loose handful of snow, and tosses it into Harry’s face."

That was beautiful. Just - yeah. Perfectly Sirius.
Fortheheckofit chapter 1 . 8/5/2007
I really, really, REALLY loved it! Sorry for the lack of constructive criticism, but I can't imagine any way to improve the story. Keep up the great work!
Tzipporah chapter 1 . 7/6/2007
This is a really nice story. It's very Christmasy and very cute though it has it's underlying sadness.

It is very well written and made me wish for Christmas in the middle of summer... (that is pretty hard to do since I live in Iceland and wait for 9 long months for the 3 gloryusly "not-wet-and-cold" months of summer)

You are very good

Tzipporah
ProtegoNox chapter 1 . 5/7/2007
This was amazing! I loved how you split the narrative between different characters.
Lilian Jay chapter 1 . 4/16/2007
hm... so if i review FOUR times, i get remus, sirius, draco AND oliver wood? kidding.

eet ees very swet. and oh so angst-reeden