Reviews for Bullet
amy jonas chapter 1 . 4/12/2007
Can't beleive I forgot to review. Take my clones away.

You, my friend are just brilliant with imagery. you draw the reader into the story. I could practically feel Sam's pain and stoicm as Dean dug into sam's shoulder with the forceps.

And this...A twisted tent remained in the bedding, slowly losing its form.

Such a small detail but it speaks volumes and that is the mark of an exceptional writer.

brilliant job, emily.

Amy
IMTheresa chapter 1 . 4/7/2007
So is it weird that my heart warmed at the idea of John taking care of the boys' injuries while they held each other down?

Maybe better not to answer that!

Nice read, thanks.
Supernoodle chapter 1 . 4/6/2007
I liked it muchly. None of that "Dean looked into Sam's puppy dogs eyes and felt his heart ache" silliness. The Winchester boys are hard, and that story was good. Straight and to the point, like a slug of whisky down the throat!

I think you should have Sam return the favour in the next story.
Dragonflysoul chapter 1 . 4/4/2007
*happy sigh*
Spense chapter 1 . 4/3/2007
Wow! Great one-shot. Excellent detail and development. It's always interesting when you see one small scene developed to it's absolute fullest (especially when it's Sam-whumping!).

The detail is amazing in this piece. You can really see what's happening. It feels like the scenes in CSI when you get a close up of the inside of the wounds. :Grins:

The slickness of the blood, the clotting, and the description of the bullet's resting place really bring home the situation. And Dean's emotions underneath the calm actions are very, very clear.

Very good!
Child of a Pineapple chapter 1 . 3/30/2007
Bwahaha...

I loved it.

Great job!
Stacey Jo chapter 1 . 3/28/2007
omg GREAT job! I almost FELT this one! excellent, CLEAR writing. hope you do MORE! i'm a free-lance editor with a college writing program, and it' rare to find descriptive writing that is this good. keep it up, I'd LOVE to see more!

- Stacey Jo
Windyfontaine chapter 1 . 3/28/2007
Ooh yay, you wrote another story! "Sam lay still, bleeding and unmoving." That right there made me happy, and it was only the very beginning :) "“Almost done.” But the hard part was next." Ooh, that sounded ominous. And as an aside, not that I didn't thoroughly enjoy this, but...why the heck didn't they at least go to a clinic if it was that bad! They had fake ID for a hospital if they needed it! (Wants to shake them-sorry-have a bit of a Jewish mother in me, lol)

"Like a kid on a sandbox expedition, Dean searched..." And you manage to put the humor in, even when it seems desperate, lol. Er, hope that was supposed to be humorous (wonders if self has defective funny bone, hmm). "His chest swelled, his muscles started to uncoil." For some reason I really liked that line...of course he is also shirtless and bloody at the time, sigh.

Ah, now that was good. Thanks so much for sharing this, you are the mistress of gratuitous Sammy pain :) Er, feel free to keep writing and sharing...we have a long hiatus...need our bloody Winchester fix, lol. Hope you have a great week!
MollybyGolly chapter 1 . 3/28/2007
oh...sad..poor sam!
Palo Alto chapter 1 . 3/28/2007
Loved this and the limp!Sam and your style in writing :)
whimseyrhodes chapter 1 . 3/27/2007
Wow, I love this...shameless Sammy whumping. Yeah I know you said it's a one-shot, but I'm gonna whine anyway...moremoremoremoremoremoremore! pwease?

WinchesterHaunt chapter 1 . 3/27/2007
God bless the beautiful Sam Whumping. It always makes my day... and it just sounds wrong when you say it out loud like that. But still, I loved it. Great job as always. _
Cheryl Dyson chapter 1 . 3/27/2007
Dang, that was... wrenching! Poor poor poor poor Sammy! Love your stuff. You are utterly astounding.

Cheryl
twasadark chapter 1 . 3/27/2007
Dear God in heaven. This is like a punch in the gut … or dare I say, a bullet in the chest? Sorry – couldn’t resist. A very powerful piece. Really well done. Specific comments below.

the gauze soaking up the blood like a piece of bread in gravy.

Very effective image.

Blood dyed his fingernails, leeched through the wrinkles in his skin. But it was working. The gauze was thick and heavy and quickly became saturated with dark, congealing blood and shreds of muscle tissue.

This is so well done. Evocative.

Sam fisted the comforter in a white-knuckled death grip, his head turned away from Dean, the artery along his trachea throbbing.

Love this image - I can really see it.

The smell of deep hurt.

Oh, poor Sammy!

“What, and give myself a one-armed little brother? You’re enough trouble as it is.”

A touch of humor - badly needed and so Dean.

There it was, small and silver, nestled against bone and held in place by tight muscle fibers.

Muscle fibers? Ick. And double ick.

Sam nodded twice, his eyes still pinched shut. He opened his hand and flexed it, his skin slowly filling with color. A twisted tent remained in the bedding, slowly losing its form.

Again, so visual and viseral. Pat yourself on the back, dear. A job well done!
kokomocalifornia chapter 1 . 3/27/2007
that was a pretty intense story. I liked it!
93 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »