Reviews for Son Of The Monkey Man
Fantasy-Mania31 chapter 5 . 7/10
This sounds like an awesome story :)
Leonas chapter 5 . 10/18/2013
Wait... hold up... Ron lied? And is hiding this somehow from his father? Oh... oh shit. This will be entertaining. Hopefully Ron keeps doing the tasks. because otherwise things will get even shittier. Also if fiske knew ho wmuch of an asset Kim could be to his mission... scary
TheNiemand chapter 5 . 1/16/2013
UUUUUP DAAAAAAAAAAAAAATEEEEEEEEEEEE E this it is realy good, please dont let it go down
TNI chapter 5 . 12/8/2012
I think Fisk is a great dad for Ron, he is encouraging and help Ron be the best he can be. I hope Monkey Fist ends up turning good at the end of the story, he's to good a father to stay bad.
Guest chapter 5 . 9/3/2012
Good idea, with Monkey Fist adopting Ron.
But him paired with Kim sort of takes the charm away. It's still good mind you, but it's not what the idea could have become.

Ron, raised by monty, falling for Shego, taking over the world, now that would have been something.
Kaydreams chapter 5 . 2/5/2010
An interesting idea. I can't wait to see where it goes!
Zepher327 chapter 1 . 1/5/2010
great story hope you update it, shame for it to go to waste
igbogal chapter 5 . 4/11/2009
If there's one thing I do love it's a sympathetic villain, and you've given us a dandy one in Monty Fiske. It's kind of interesting that women didn't flock to a rich, intelligent British guy with a title, but that's beside the point... I liked the growing friendship between Ron and Kim, too, and I look forward to seeing how the elder Fiske will adapt to the red-headed 'interloper'. Overall, this is a riveting and polished work, and I can't wait to see how things turn out for all involved - but please, please try to refrain from pairing Ron with Shego. That green chick is just so annoying... ;) Anyway, please continue!
Kurama youko06yahoo.com chapter 5 . 4/5/2009
I would've typed this review sooner, but once I started reading the first chapter, I found I just couldn't stop myself from reading the rest. Its obvious that Ron's addition into Monty's life has changed him for the far better. Helping him deal with the obvious madness that would've led him to obsessing over Mystical Monkey Power and becoming supreme monkey king.

Which is all for the best, however, it seems he's obsession has transfered over to his paternal love for his "son". A dangerous move, but one not without its fruitful qualities as he knows he'll do anything for his son's happiness.

However, its obvious that since neither Monty nor Kim's parents know much about the other's child, their is a large gap of mistrust. Anne loved Ron and hoped he and Kim ended up together because she knew him since he was a boy; this was not the case. Monty can't get over the hang-up of what "class" she comes from due to being raised the way he was.

What this will mean for the two teens, who seem destined for one another, remains to be seen. It'd be interesting that because of Ron's new life, that things changed for just about everyone else. I think that Shego should not be partnered with Drakken; since its obvious Kim never entered into the freelance teen hero thing. I think the reason she stayed with Drakken for so long was because of the challenge of facing Kim in combat brought.

Which pretty much means, no Ron early in Kim's life, equaled to no teen hero, which means they never faced in heated combat, and so Shego would've gotten borned being a villian after a year or two. Which could've led her to trying to go into the solo hero biz, but with a criminal record, no matter how brief her career was, she would need help. Which could've led her into joining GJ, and who knows, once Kim graduates, which it could mean they might end up being paired up as partners.

Which could be your way of introducing Ron and Shego through Kim, which could lead to some interesting interactions. After all, at this point Kim sees Ron only as a friend, and if a slightly older and almost exotically attractive agent seemed interested in him... well, I can see her jelling over it. Plus, there's also what it could mean with where Monty's going due to his business trip.

Perhaps he might feel the need to introduce Ron to a girl, and say he ends up meeting Mr. Nakasumi's daughter, Yori (go with me on this, after all no family names were introduced for her). Plus, if she's his daughter, Monty might feel she within Ron's league and worthy of dating his son; especailly if it meant getting him away from Kim, without him losing his essential Ronness. What do you think?

P.S. As to that little Author's Note you added at the beginning of the first chapter... I think that Ron should end up with Kim, but that doesn't mean it should just be her. After all, I've read several rather interesting and highly entertaining stories from an author by the name of Weirdbard that has Ron hooking up with both Kim and Shego.

Very good read, and it didn't start out perfectly as old isues needed to be overcomed and insecurities dealth with. So, maybe this version of Ron could be paired up with Kim and whomever else you feel would fit with them. Ron without Kim is like a moon and the tides, they just go together; but if its not going to be and he can only be paired up with one girl, then my vote goes for Shego; so long as he and Kim can remain friends. However, if can be him and Kim, then I'm rooting for them all the more.

Well, whatever happens will happen, I just wanted to let you know that this is starting out to be a great story. Personally, I can't wait to see what will happen next, but I'll be sure to keep tabs and check up from time to time; so, until the next time, later.

P.P.S. Since Kim has yet to graduate, and it seems like Mystical Monkey Powers aren't present in Ron; what will this mean about the possible Lowardian Invasion that might come? Plus, what about the Stoppables, what happened to them? Do they still adopt Hana, or was the loss of Ron too much for for them to ever care for another child?
Data Seeker chapter 5 . 4/1/2009
Dear Deyinel

Nice little update. The narration, drama and style are great; the characters are done very well too.

The part with Kim talking with her parents was good and fitting.

The part with Bates and Ron was good.

And the part with Monty Fisk flowed dramatically.

Its interesting the way the plot flows. I had originally expected something different when I read the first chapter.

I wonder what will happen next, and what other characters will appear and if Ron will discover his real parents.

The wholesome standards are high. Nothing is offensive.

I hope this review brightens your day. God bless.

Data Seeker
FireWren chapter 5 . 3/30/2009
What can I say? It's a bloody awesome story.

Glad someone finnaly had the brains to do a story like this one.

Can't wait for the next chapter.

-Wren-
CajunBear73 chapter 5 . 3/30/2009
Hm, seems that the jealousy of overprotective fathers will be the end of so many good and loving things of Ron and Kim.

James should not worry about his daughter's virtue with Ron, but Monty's obsession with his 'son' is so very unhealthy on so many levels.

Quite the dilemma for the two young ones in their first foray into innocence and matters of the heart.

CB73
Drelufon chapter 5 . 3/29/2009
Enjoyed the story, keep up the great work
SliferRed chapter 5 . 3/29/2009
Cool story! Keep it up!
RSfan chapter 5 . 3/29/2009
it's little bit too short this chapter so i hope you'll update soon another one.

anyway good chapter can't wait for the next one and when will you mak ron and kim meet face to face again?
54 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »