Reviews for Keepsakes
paragonic chapter 1 . 10/26/2009
Your description of Aragorn's ranger brooch was different than what I thought it would look like. I thought the brooch would be shaped like a star (Eagle of the Star). I thought this was quite good, and is the best one-shot I've read since The Fountain, a Silmarillion one-shot that somehow managed to get epicness and sorrow into a story about 150 words long.
Lalaeth chapter 1 . 5/2/2008
He winced when Eldarion accidentally scraped the brooch against the wall in his haste. I DO hope he will take care of that.

Thoughts that every parent has had when passing along a family heirloom to a child, probably even an adult child. I wonder what was going through Aragorn's mind when he say the brooch. Did he think of Halbarad and the fallen Rangers? Did he suffer from nostalgia for his days of wandering when there were no tedious meetings or diplomats? What did Eldarion know of the line of Chieftans and Rangers of the North?

Sorry for all the prodding. This little glimpse into family life left me with many questions.
SilverrAngell chapter 1 . 1/30/2008
That was ADORABLE!

I know you wrote it a while ago, but I'm going through all of the old Aragorn stories, and just happened to find this one.

That's almsot exactly how I would imagine them interacting. Awesome!
RofS chapter 1 . 5/4/2007
Sounds just like a woman. Nice to know that Arwen is normal, despite the fact that she's Queen. I mean, all women clean their houses and tuck little things into storage when their husbands aren't looking, right?
grumpy123 chapter 1 . 4/2/2007
It was good that Aragorn could give something of his old self, to his son, that was not sharp and pointy.
Tirnel chapter 1 . 3/27/2007
I loved your summary and had to read. I loved it..so I'm glad I DID read.
Pein Rikudou chapter 1 . 3/27/2007
Aww! So CUTE! Reminds me of when my sisters come into my room and ask me for the first thing they see. ;D Very great story!

AN
Kalisona chapter 1 . 3/26/2007
How sweet! . Oh, I loved it so much! Keep up the good work, Cal!

Kali
StarLight9 chapter 1 . 3/26/2007
Very sweet story, I like it a lot :-)

Eldarion is so cute :D

Beautiful work, mellon nin!