Reviews for Genius Doesn't Matter
Kairan1979 chapter 1 . 2/1
That's why I like Rock Lee so much. He is not 'prodigy', he became strong through blood, sweat and tears (even Naruto had Nine-Tails as a source of extra healing and enormous chakra reserves).
PBSCStudent chapter 1 . 10/13/2014
Preach pastor, Preach! Can I get an Amen?!
Amika-Kyou chapter 1 . 2/5/2014
This is so solemn, yet so beautiful. I seriously cannot put this into words. Amazing.
Anarchy-Bell101 chapter 1 . 12/14/2013
Wow, you wrote this so well I could tell who you were talking about every time. Kakashi was my favorite. Thanks.
CeruleanAndGray chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
It's great story, really. I like the way you point out every negative and unfortunate sides of Konoha's genius'. And the last two sentences, they'll be my quote of the day. Those sentences make me proud of Naruto and myself, of the things we could achieve, our personal dreams despite not being the best. Sometimes, we compare ourselves to people who are better than us, lower our self esteem and ending up not seeing what truly matters, our very own dreams that is only for us to understand and proud of. You don't measure you dreams with others', your dream is your own and when you achieve it only you can feel the real satisfaction and wholeness of it. It's not often I found a fic that could relate to my real life, I'm glad I finally found one.

Thanks for sharing all of this with us . . . and sorry for rambling :)
exomatt chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
What a beautiful piece of writing.
Veryfairygirl14 chapter 1 . 6/5/2012
Simply put this was fantastic.
Hyloch chapter 1 . 4/14/2012
My Kami this was amazing.
The Sinful chapter 1 . 3/2/2012
I'm guessing the 1st was Orochimaru? I got all the others easily enough. Naruto always kinda bothered me by how terms like "genius" and "prodigy" get slung around. If everyone is something relative, than no one is. Tall, rich, beautiful, powerful. If everyone is exceptional, than no one is exceptional.

Lee for example, is not a genius. But because he can't mold chakra, he can devote three times as much training to taijutsu. Instead, he devoted more like fifteen times as much. Kakashi declares him a genius because he thinks that Lee's ability to open the gates is impossible through sheer effort. Tell that to a boy with no talent who is faster than most Jounin.

On the other hand, Neji definitely is a genius and/or prodigy. Not much else you can call someone who mastered techniques he was never taught but reversed engineered.

Random fun fact: Naruto wasn't the dead last and Sasuke wasn't the rookie of the year. Or at least they shouldn't be. Shikamaru's grades were worse than Naruto's. And while Sasuke had the best grades in several categories, he had the worst in teamwork and following orders (which I personally think should disqualify you from joining ANY military organization). Ino had the best overall grades.
Mountainsage72 chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
Short, kinda over-dramatic, but it gets the point across, and I like it.
Annibellee chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
I could tell who each and every one was. That was just, mind blowing. 8D Awesome job. *Highfive.* I am so favoring this. You know, I think this may be my new motto. 'Genius Doesn't Matter'. 8D
LordsFire chapter 1 . 11/21/2011
And if you *don't* have a dream you can be proud of, why the *hell* are you doing anything except trying to *find* one you *can* be proud of?
owlgirl16 chapter 1 . 2/20/2011
Very good, and I knew exactly who each person was. :)
NatrissaBelladonis chapter 1 . 1/6/2011
Hi, me again.

Just wanted to say I really love the way you wrote this story. I actually happen to agree with you on this particular subject, and I really liked the way you made everyone's perfections seem like flaws and Naruto's flaws seem like the perfections they are.

Loved it! 3
Frostyvale chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
Let's see, Orochimaru, Tsunade, Kakashi, Itachi, Neji, Sasuke-teme, Shikamaru, Sakura, and Naruto.