Reviews for Limitless
eunice swan chapter 4 . 4/9/2014
This is a good solid story. I love any thing that isn't kitchen sink . she doesn't writ quick enough for me.
Barrabard chapter 5 . 11/11/2013
I like this so far, and hope that you will add more chapters!
Um, a couple of suggestions/comments: 1) Surely Cerys' father would be aware that the family of a trainee at any of the collegia (plural of Collegium, which ML uses instead of our more Anglicized "college") would be compensated during his/her training, according to ML's own universe, I think in one of the *Chronicles of Valdemar* books, so that they are more willing to allow the youngster to attend. Also, the entire family would receive some improvement in status with a Healer in it, and even if her Gift was minor, she'd be able to heal animals, no small thing to a farmer.
2) I am kind of wondering if Jaleron and his father might have objected to this sudden change of plans; if they feel superior to Tol, why would they be so amenable to letting her go? Will they cause problems with the deal being broken? Will they demand any money they may have already given Tol back? Demand Liya in Cerys' place?

Hope to read more soon! Thank you!
Cynthia chapter 5 . 10/8/2013
I really enjoyed the 5 chapters. I hope that you write more!
gin chapter 2 . 1/6/2013
i am staying up late to read again
Ea Aderyn chapter 5 . 6/4/2008
I was really excited to find your story, and even more elated once I started reading. The concept is original (to me at least) and you write so fluently. I honestly hope you will keep this story up because I want to know what happens next. You also capture the naivety of Cerys perfectly.

I look forward to your next chapter. PLEASE update! :]

~Ea
Bone White Butterfly chapter 5 . 5/19/2008
Ah, Valdemar. ...Way too much nostalgia for a place I've never been.

I like this story. It feels like a story (proper story elements and everything), and you've got a grasp for character.

The one thing that bugs me is that I sometimes feel like Cerys acts too young to be seventeen. If I had to put this into a real world situation, I'd say she was the 15-year-old sophomore from a little town entering the elite city prep school on scholarship mid-term. Yes, it may seem odd for a fifteen-year-old to marry a twenty-two year old, but she's a farm girl in Valdemar, which for all its wonders (and indoor plumbing) has the feel of a 17th century European country. If there's a business merger involved, I think it's completely possible.

About your author bio, I understand the desire to hide the fact that you write fanfiction, but frankly, how do you think people learned to write before colleges taught it? They imitated established authors whose works they loved and admired. Fanfiction is a time-honored tradition, and if it was good enough for the dead guys we read in school, it's good enough for us. Keep writing.

Ta.
miarath chapter 5 . 4/30/2008
Ooch, that was a nice Companion but a very nasty little Mage-trainee, wasn't it? There isn't more to that Companion, is there? Don't worry this is worth continuing, so keep writing!

A_A Delighted to see an Update...
Egbert-Jan chapter 5 . 4/29/2008
Hello,

I started reading your story yesterday and sofar I like it.

I am only curies about one small item.

Are you going to include Kris the twin off the Queen?

Except that small point KEEP WRITING ON THIS STORY IT IS GREAT.

Regards,

Egbert-Jan
GinaStar chapter 5 . 4/27/2008
loved it! Especially the part where the companion gave her a ride ;)
sparkyCSI chapter 5 . 4/27/2008
I love Rriin! But I usually love all the Kyree and I can honestly say that I am not liking Siara right now. She reminds me too much of the nasty Blues that attacked Talia in her first year!

But I have faith in you and hope that those Blues don't turn out like Talia's did!
oneswordsworn chapter 5 . 4/27/2008
Interesting. A rough start for her, but wouldn't want things to be easy either. I am curious to see what role this companion plays, as they normally don't choose healers, so very curious.

Well done. Please continue this story.
Warbender chapter 5 . 4/27/2008
What happens when you present the last platinum dragon with a good story? A good review. Well after reading all five chapters. I have just this to say as far as the comments section of my review is concerned. Well Done... Now for the nuts-n-bolts of the thing... I find a good sense of balance to this. However you seem to have lost some of the depth in chapter two, and three. But you regain it over the cours of number four, and five. You have structured it all really well though. However the presentation needs "Tightening up". But only just s little. Chapter length is not really an issue. Especially if the length has got the depth to it to be good no matter the length. Good write so far. This is becomming a "Read worthy" story keeping me interested throughout, and making me want more. Update this soon please.
Icebox Plums chapter 5 . 4/26/2008
Nice OC story! A good amount of detail - not too much, but not too little. Good idea of using a setting so far in the future, you can take more artistic license with it. ;)

The one thing I would recommend you not to do with this story is to have her Chosen. It's been done so often... even in the canon! I've always wanted to read a story that had little to do with the Heralds in general, so please, keep going in this direction. :)

-nohaydeque-
Pathseekerme chapter 5 . 4/26/2008
What would we do without as*es to make life in our writing interesting? And you have chosen a mage instead of a "blue" to make Cerys' life interesting... why? Is Gwen friends with this mage and her set?

Is Cerys going to be able to confide in the kyree? Or her Companion friend? She obviously is able to make friends...

Thank you for having the companion cheer her up!
Pathseekerme chapter 4 . 3/29/2008
I really enjoyed reading your story! You are very good at setting up your story and your chapter, and I don't have any trouble telling who are "good" and who are "bad!" I am looking forward to seeing what happens to Cerys (and to her little sister, later). Are Cerys' roommate and "betrothed" related in any way? I get the same slimy feel from both of them! The only thing I saw for you to correct was that you need to put quotation marks around thoughts, just as you would if people were talking out loud. I can't wait to see more from you! Please don't stop writing!