Reviews for Crimson Skies The Briefcase Blues
ajb chapter 19 . 11/11/2012
Wow. I'm amazed this doesn't have more reviews, it is a fantastic story that is complete. I loved the game Crimson skies and this has motivated me to go play it again. I hope that you can move on to doing great things with your writing, or maybe you already have considering this story is older.

Swashbucklist chapter 19 . 6/13/2010
If I were an enthusiastic critic, I'd describe this as a "high-flying, death-defying thrill ride" or something. This story made me feel the same as the movies I watched as a kid: Rocketeer, Cutthroat Island, Indiana Jones, Three Musketeers, a few James Bond movies, and I'd like to mention Top Gun, but I've never seen it. This isn't just a great action-adventure story, but a good thriller, too; it has a well-structured plot with perfectly-paced action and exactly the right amount of setup for everything that happens next. The words and language fit well, and there's plenty of creative description, especially Oleg's final flight: "sky and earth traded places and star light became street light," as well as using epic phrases like for things that could have otherwise been describes straightforwardly with no style. I was definitely looking forward to a spectacular showdown within the confines of New York's industrial maze, too, although I was expecting Jazz to have to fight both Sergei and Oleg simultaneously. And describing Jason and Alicia outlined as tiny silhouettes when the Mat'Rossiya was exploding painted a nice mental picture that made it seem more than ever like a big-budget, cinematic action movie.

It's too bad Crimson Skies is such an under-acknowledged section, since Briefcase Blues deserves more reviews than it has. It's one of the best fanfics I've ever found on this site (aside from everything by CoyoteLoon, whom I recommend reading), and I definitely hope you keep adding to your FF profile, unless of course it would distract you from more worthwhile real-world things.

Also: I know nothing about S.T.A.L.K.E.R., but I'm still going to read your other fanfic.
Swashbucklist chapter 2 . 5/20/2010
Damn, that was just as exciting as an Indiana Jones opening! It's a shame this story has so few reviews; it deserves more. It was great how you kept the action interesting. I'm definitely going to read this to the end.

The chapter titles are neat, too. :)
timmy41 chapter 1 . 5/2/2009
Very great story! exciting! it brings me back to when I could spend hours playing that magnificent game!
MosinM38 chapter 15 . 5/8/2008
Sorry I didn't notice this series! I guess I saw it once and assumed it was a derelict story (Crimsonskies isn't too popular ;))

But I will say I LOVE the story so far, good character interaction, and good action dialogue.

The new stuff you have added (Monstrous Zep,Black Zeppelins,etc) all work in good., At first I was skeptical of a mile long zep, but it came out good :D

Looking forword to more chapters!
Trooper 3.6 chapter 1 . 3/3/2008
Hey this is good! Sorry it took me so long to notice it. Keep writing though, take my word for it, more people read than review; even if you ask them to. I'm a big fan of crimson skies and you seem to have a completly original storyline going here, don't give up on it. And feel free to check out my stuff see ya.