Reviews for Counting Sheep
lovova chapter 1 . 1/26/2011
I won't say that this should have been continued, because while this was a perfect way to begin an epic Danny Being Badass story, at the same time the ending was just so...solid and full and left you full of hope, and, frankly, I just enjoyed it to bits. Fantastic job!
K.H. Ivywater chapter 1 . 5/7/2009
*shivers* Holy hell. That was quite good.
Mr. Thumbsup chapter 1 . 6/24/2008
Write moar, please?
Stelly chapter 1 . 2/16/2008
So great! It would have been had it happened this way, but I'm proud of ole' Danny and love the remark about Nicholas smiling at him. Great job!
innocent passerby chapter 1 . 8/16/2007
Oh, that was a very nice alternate ending fic. ;_; Very depressing, too.
Rethtales chapter 1 . 7/21/2007
ending's a bit weak, but I do like this. Yay for Hot Fuzz fanfics that aren't slash!
Gildir chapter 1 . 7/10/2007
Great story. I'm not usually a fan of these "sad AU" stories, but this one is so true to the characters and the thematic content of the movie. Unlike many angst-ridden stories based on comedies ("Ghostbusters" fan fiction, I'm talking about you), the "darkness" of this story feels natural and seems to flow well from the source material, despite its comedic nature.

One oddity - Jeanine, Nicholas' ex, is actually Cate Blanchett making an uncredited cameo under that crime-scene mask and robe. Since Blanchett is one of my favorite actresses, I would have loved to see Danny blown away by how gorgeous Jeanine is. But that's a minor nitpick of a beautiful first story for a movie that deserves many, many more.
miss no face chapter 1 . 7/10/2007
I'm always a fan of these alternates to a story... and this has to be my favourite. I love how you kept the other police officers in character and Danny’s change at the end of it. Great work.
Atari-chan chapter 1 . 6/20/2007
Ohh, no that's sad! Nicholas is too sexy to die! And Danny loves him! I love how your Danny's doing alright by himself, though, poor guy. He deserves some credit _

A

x
Kedi chapter 1 . 6/1/2007
Oh yeah, this is the good stuff! Very nice! I'm a big fan of "what if...?" stories, especially the dark kind where everything goes to hell in a hand basket - or at the very least turns out horribly wrong. This was a very sad and yet very sweet take on it. I especially liked the repeated question about Nicholas' hand. Nice touch. :)
Colette D chapter 1 . 5/28/2007
Aww. :[

Sad but still very very nicely done. I loved it.
Caleb Nova chapter 1 . 5/23/2007
Very well written, and dark in the best possible way. I felt you conveyed very well Danny's feeling of being slightly lost in his own head.
demishka chapter 1 . 5/11/2007
Wow. That was amazing awesome. Very nice look into what might have happened and how Danny deals with it. Fantastic!
452 chapter 1 . 5/7/2007
Very good story! I hope you write more like it!

Also, when did the accident take place? When Lurch tried to kill him? I know it wasnt in the movie but yeah...
seren23 chapter 1 . 5/2/2007
Wow! I did a random search for Hot Fuzz fic and found this. What a fantastic story! Very well-written and just lovely. I saw the movie this weekend and am now crushing slightly on Simon Pegg, how did that happen? Wonderful fic!