Reviews for Simple and Clean
Otaku86 chapter 1 . 6/21/2013
YAYYY! XD
XxTheKawiiPuppyDawgxX chapter 1 . 11/15/2009
Oh my gosh! A well written TMM fanfic that shows Zakuro and Ichigo in a sisterly sense. I've been searching for one of these things for days. Very good!
Tylec Asroc chapter 1 . 4/8/2007
Glad to have another update from you, CW! Thank you so much for the dedication!

Hmm, just a little curiosity, but the last time I checked, I swore you had posted a more direct sequel to "The Darkness Beyond" - if I recall, the aliens had returned, this time with their leader, a suggestion that Ichigo was connected to their race, and with a request for help. I guess it's either been discontinued, or I'm just thinking of someone else. Anyhow, you're back at it with "Simple and Clean" - I listened to the song again, and while it's probably leaning more towards a young couple in love, it certainly works for Zakuro and her distant mother.

In a neat bit of Christmas continuity, Mrs. Momomiya continues her storywriting, but (thankfully) the image of her typing while attending to Ouka suggests she's found a balance between her aspirations and her motherly duties. Poor Tou-san hasn't changed much, I'm afraid!

Your writing style here makes me think of a shoujo manga brimming with bubbles and flowery backgrounds: the story is always very beautiful and picturesque, and even Zakuro's solitude is stylish, with fluttering hair and soft footsteps. The characters don't simply have red or purple hair, but their faces sparkle with "red tresses" and "pastel violets"; "sapphire orbs" and "icy azure". There's an emphasis on fashion, and lots of adjectives to saturate the story with emotion. It's a very beautiful style.

I noticed your dialogue usually wraps up with a period within the quotations, and the description (Grumbled the tan man; Zakuro snapped firmly), is treated as a new sentence; however, that final 'he/she said' is still part of the previous sentence.

Estelle seems to have travelled to Japan with the intent of seeing and connecting with her daughter - but I suppose its difficult to lay down one's pride (as well as the guilt suggested in her final confession), and so she retreats and flexes her Mom status: she tries to organize and criticize her daughter's life, and assumes all these little intimacies - touching her daughter's face, playing with her hair - even though they've been estranged for years. I guess it takes that show of maturity in the bathroom for Estelle to see Zakuro as a person.
Azilda chapter 1 . 3/28/2007
nice

nya! .
Tomoyo Kinomoto chapter 1 . 3/27/2007
WOW! This is so fantastic! I love this! It's really really amazing! XD
dbzgtfan2004 chapter 1 . 3/27/2007
This is a cute story. Please make some more. Ichigo and Ryou forever.