Reviews for A Long Road Ahead
anon chapter 1 . 4/25/2007
BEAUTIFUL! HEARTFELT STORY.
Ann chapter 1 . 3/28/2007
I am tickled pink you liked my suggestion and honored you decided to use it! I loved everything about this story! I could cut, paste and comment about the whole thing! Love how you delved into Michael's mind and emotions. It was very sweet! This could be another chapter in "Recruit"!

I watch her struggle. Make little whimpers of pain as her muscles achingly stretch and tear. She’s tired. She’s hurting. She hates me for putting her through all I have no choice. I take no pleasure in her pain. I do not look forward to punishing her when she rebels against will she understand, she must obey to live?: This is so dead-on to the character of Michael and the story-you articulated exactly what you think Michael is probably feeling ALL of season one!(but of course never says, so it's nice to read about it :)

I’m a man of facts. I don’t rely on faith or intuition. They’ve both failed me plenty of times before. Facts always come through for these facts don’t add up.: Nice expansion on Michael's comment from season one, Recruit episode :)

She’s wrestling a punching bag that hangs from the ceiling. Somehow, the punching bag easily won. Section thinks this is a cold killer? Please. She wasn’t even close.

Clumsy and innocent and vulnerable. That’s what makes her up. No frozen cold veins. No hardened heart. No fury that rips at her soul. I can’t see any of me in her..: Loved M's observations. You drew a nice mental picture of Nikita, her training and Michael's perceptions of her.

She shouldn’t be here. Section made a mistake. But if I speak up about it, Operations will give the slightest of a shrug, and then reply with death orders.I don’t want that. So I have no choice. I must mold her in to Section material. It’s a shame. A pity. To force a pure heart like Nikita to become such a person that an operative must be. But it’s that or a quick shot to the head. No life, or a life of death. It’s my decision to train her. But it’s hers to obey long enough to avoid cancellation: Great explanation of Michael's dilemma and his realization Nikita is different!

Nikita launches at the punching bag. She slips, falls on her a sigh, I realize that I have a very long road ahead of me.: Tender and so sweet! So well written it made me want to sigh along with Michael :)
cavanaugh.girl chapter 1 . 3/27/2007
I love that last line! thanks for sharing and thanks to Ann for thinking of this :)