Reviews for All In A Day's Work
Guest chapter 1 . 11/4/2018
Great tag!
zerolikesice chapter 1 . 3/20/2011
I've read several post-'Chained' angsty stories, and I really enjoyed how this perspective contrasted with those. I have to admit I do appreciate angst, and I've been itching to write my own tag for a few weeks now about how Tony may have reacted to the events in the episode, but it's nice to see someone write him dealing with it all. You're right- he is a talented, capable agent, and working under cover is his specialty, so he should be able to shrug off a lot of the anxiety from the situation, put it all in perspective, and leave it all at the end of the day. Reading this was refreshing- I like your take.
poppaeasabina chapter 1 . 9/9/2010
Well yeah, this is Tony's chosen work. About Jethro's snarky, insensitive comment: I had to think about that. Finally it hit me that sarcasm is his default; it's what he falls back on when he's upset, worried, proud, pleased, or in this case, walked up to a bloody car expecting to find Tony's throat cut -but Tony was ok. So how does Gibbs express his relief? With sarcasm.
Me chapter 1 . 10/30/2009
I love this. The POV, and everything. But especially the line about how McGee isn't going to last on the team. It's like the anti-foreshadow or somethomg.

Thank you forr posting.
isabellapurri chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
I love a good angsty DiNozzo fic, but this is absolutely amazing. Great work )

*Besides, this feels a whole lot more realistic and in-character.*
MarbleGlove chapter 1 . 6/22/2009
Thank you! I was in desperate need of a story that showed Tony as able to deal with tough situations without being angsty. This was perfect. Thank you!
Azamiko chapter 1 . 4/9/2009
Laura-trekkie chapter 1 . 8/2/2007
Excellent post-ep fic. You've really caught Tony's voice here and I could really see this. He's an expert at undercover work, he's done it for years and he's so good at it because he can compartmentalise it. *That's* what the others don't get, because it's not what *they* would do. I loved the cartoon at the end, the parallels to Tony's own experience of clocking in, doing something, clocking out and it being gone from his head. Maybe he should sit them all down and make them watch it :).
bookworm45 chapter 1 . 8/2/2007
Wow! You did a fantastic job on this story. It sounds like how Tony might actually feel. Great work!
LdyAnne chapter 1 . 5/5/2007
This is such an excellent look at the episode. It's so Tony!
Ditzyleo chapter 1 . 4/6/2007
Took a while to catch up with this what with RL being the task master it is but I am so glad I did! Brillent take- totally Tony!
nikita6725 chapter 1 . 4/2/2007
so well written i love your style its great seeing insinde on Tonys head and not seening air (like they make him on the show) well done and thanks love tonys fics
Sternenlicht chapter 1 . 3/29/2007
That was really great! I kind of expected something completely different when I read that it was about "Chained" in your summary, 'cause there are so many stories around dealing with Tony's problems in the aftermath of the events, and I was amazed and positively stunned to read your one! Wonderful different take-on! Interesting and just as likely as the other point of view!

And: Gotta love your writing style!
celestial1 chapter 1 . 3/29/2007
Yeah, it's still angsty. ;-) I don't think it's possible to write about 'Chained' without being angsty, because at the end of it, I think he hated to kill Jeffrey no matter how many times he's killed before. And you're right - WHAT was with Gibbs' snarky comment? Dang, Jethro.

Actually, I do know the numbers – the exact numbers – but that’s not the point. I love that, because of course he would. I like the idea that Tony is well aware of the people he's shot at and killed. It makes him seem more human, less Gibbs-like somehow.

I do think you've been a tiny bit hard on Abby here. She's not as self centered as, say, Kate. ;-) And I love Tony's real smile for Ducky - there's no fake smiling for Ducky.

The cartoon is, of course, the perfect epilogue for Tony's experience. He doesn't have a basement to build a boat in, but cartoons work just as well.
DontAskDontTell chapter 1 . 3/28/2007
Thank you for recognizing that Tony can cope! It's not that I don't like a little (or a lot) of angst when presented properly, but every once in a while it's nice to think that when Tony has a bad day, he just goes home and watches cartoons and eats comfort food and gets through it. Like the rest of us. :o)