Reviews for All Told
NogadamoBhitia chapter 1 . 9/21/2014
Thank you for writing this Supernatural story and for posting it. I enjoyed it when I read it yesterday evening.
Random Ruth chapter 1 . 6/6/2014
I agree that John probably turned up during season 1 a great many times without showing his face. Nicely done. :)
HogwartsHussy chapter 1 . 1/28/2014
Best fix it fic ever! And so sorely needed too!
SPNReadingManiac chapter 1 . 7/8/2013
Thank you for showing both John and Dean in their true light. It seems quite rare to find stories that actually acknowledge that Dean has depths and needs people - his family of course, but needs to be cared about and needs to care about people. In seasons 1 and 2, I thought the show was unambiguous about that but I find it hard to find stories - writers - that realise it. Very well written and an enjoyable read. Thanks.
shookenuppepsi chapter 1 . 3/10/2013
This is fantastic. I love how Bobby is able to heal the rift that Dean wasn't even aware was there, while all of them were still able to hold on to their manliness and not be too chick-flicky. Just all around great.
ryder21 chapter 1 . 5/7/2012
Really lovely story, and the voices are true to the characters. Loved the Dean angst and Bobby's appropriate responses. Thanks for a great story.
BlackIceWitch chapter 1 . 2/18/2012
This is beautiful. Damn but this story needed to be included in the show :S

Beautifully articulated, characterisation perfect. Thanks!
infiniteternity chapter 1 . 1/11/2012
Beautiful. That's all I can really say. You've just, got it. And, said it really well...
HBKDEANRKO chapter 1 . 11/12/2011
Very well written.
Lisa O'Brien chapter 1 . 6/30/2010
You did a great job of capturing Bobby's voice in this one. Bravo!
cleared account 02 chapter 1 . 5/5/2010
WOOT! Deany! ...Deanie? Deanee?

...Deaniey?...

I love Dean. and while this was chickflickishy - it was so incharacter it wasn't even funny. And I love the fact that I watched this episode right before reading this fic - so it was all fresh in my mind.

You. Are. Awesome.

...

Dean. Is. Awesomer.

Sorry.
Hunnique chapter 1 . 4/26/2010
This was a beautiful story. Your channeling of Bobby was superbly done. Bravo!
RHB chapter 1 . 2/27/2010
Well done fic! Tugged my heartstrings. Loved how you portrayed Bobby!
LittleLurker chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
Wow, this was a great story. Beautifully written and with such strong and powerful descriptions

of how each of the four characters acted and felt. I'm floored... and stunned.

Just awesome and so many beautiful lines! I agree with nearly everything castiello alread

mentioned. So, I hope you keep on writing SPN-stories and please keep sharing them with us.

Best wishes, D.
castiello chapter 1 . 6/18/2009
I really enjoyed this! Lots of subtle shifts and turns in emotion, all completely appropriate to the characters and the situation, and each one expertly navigated by you, the author. Well done!

I also really liked the idea for the story, and how you used canon evidence to support the notion that John actually came when Dean was sick. I so want to believe that!

You've done all four characters (Sam, Dean, Bobby, John) justice in this piece, which reads like a real missing scene from the end of the episode.

A few of my favorite parts:

"...Rumsfeld loping along after them and Sam bouncing along with every bit as much gangly enthusiasm and lack of grace as the pup."

-Great description! Sam was, is, and always will be a gigantic PUPPY. :)

"'Oh, and this coming from the man who just had his ass handed to him by two Linda Lovelace wannabes!' Sam countered as Bobby grabbed his gear and transferred it from the back of the Impala to the bed of his truck, chuckling all the while. This was so much more like it, he thought as he listened to the comebacks roll. All bark and no bite, just like it should be."

-That really IS just as it should be. I miss those days of lighthearted banter and good-natured teasing between the boys. :(

"...when he straightened up purposefully, Bobby knew the boy was ready.

Bobby wasn't though. Not for the raw emotion reflected in those eyes. Dean never laid himself bare like this and Bobby couldn't help but be taken aback. And when Dean spoke, his voice was low and deep and sounding more like John than Dean but with an uncharacteristic tremor neither would ever willingly expose. Even to a friend. Had the tone not unnerved Bobby already, Dean's words damn near poleaxed him."

-This is so very Dean, the way his eyes show his naked soul sometimes, and the way he comes out of nowhere with confessions and revelations that take your breath away like a gut-punch.

"Dean's reaction was not at all what Bobby expected. The startling near-primal sound couldn't be easily defined. A mixture of a choking scoff and laughter, brimming with grief and anger and tinged with near madness and Bobby realized too late how wrong his choice had been. Only John could generate the depth of conflicting emotions that Dean was struggling so desperately to hold at bay."

-Perfect description of John's effect on Dean.

"Dean flinched at that, shrugging out of Bobby's grip, stepping back and planting his feet apart in an ingrained fighting stance. 'You don't know what you're talking about.'"

-Also very Dean: he's angry at the man himself, yet is still the first one to go on the defensive if anyone else badmouths John.

"'...Now, I'm sorry he didn't get the chance to explain all this but I gotta say. . . You have every right to be pissed with your dad about all sorts of things. Hell, far be it for me to suggest otherwise.' Bobby couldn't help the smirk. 'You know I've worn the mantle of club chairman plenty of times. But, Dean, do not be mad about him not comin'. Not that. It's one thing, I swear to you, you can cross off the list.'"

-This sounds just like Bobby: honest and tough and loving all at the same time.

"'Yeah.' The voice was distant, as though Dean was still processing everything he'd just been told. He looked up then, eyes glistening with tears Bobby knew wouldn't be shed any time soon. Despite them, he looked stronger than he had just minutes before, the confidence and presence he inherited from his old man enveloping him once again. 'Yeah, I hear you.'"

-I can picture this very clearly: Dean's eyes and his voice, gaining strength as he accepts the truth.

"...Dean turned back to Bobby and backhanded him in the gut - proof of endearment in the Winchester world..."

-:)

"He'd been kidding earlier when he'd told them they were breaking his heart but, truth be known, John and his sons always could do that to Bobby. In the same way the boys could warm his soul with all that was good left in this increasingly menacing world. Though they'd had their fair share of differences over the years, when all was said and done, Bobby had to figure he actually had John to thank for much of that goodness.

And all told, John, that's one hell of a legacy."

-Very touching ending. I love it!

All in all, a very poignant and worthwhile read - thanks so much for sharing it!
60 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »