Reviews for Stand In
Guest chapter 1 . 9/28/2012
I love each of the instances where Lois tries to talk herself out of realizing that she just might have feelings for Clark Kent. Also hooray for women that can fight their own battles and kickass themselves!
Ace of Gallifrey chapter 1 . 2/18/2012
This was adorable, and one of the best semi-parody-ish fics ever. I love it when people on Smallville (or in fanfic based on Smallville) quit being so damn serious and melodramatic all the time! It's why I loved Lois so much from the moment she first debuted... she could get a perfectly good grasp of the seriousness of a situation (insofar as she responded to said situation by defusing it and kicking more ass than Bruce Wayne in the process), while still seeing how f***ing ridiculous some of it was, and pass commentary on it.
crazy4fanfic2008 chapter 1 . 7/6/2010
Hey,

This story was hilarious! That bumper sticker - I love it! I think I've seen that joke before, but sometimes things are better the second time around. I loved the idea of Lois kind of having memorized the formula of the old "freak-of-the-week" episodes and her being exasperated with the fact that everyone thinks she's in a relationship with Clark and that she's the "new" Lana.

My favorite lines:

1) Lana's hung up on him, Chloe's hung up on him, and Lex Luthor is totally obsessed (although let's hope not for the same reasons). (Well it's the truth. Lex was completely obsesses with Clark FOREVER!)

2) And my new position as Lana's stand-in doesn't mean that I'm going to play her usual role of "oh shit, oh shit, where the hell is Clark?" (Not in a mean way, but that kind of was the role of Lana.)

3) I roll my eyes. "Clark," I tell him in exasperation, "If I'm the new Lana, you're going to have to figure out a new approach to saving me." (Oh yes, because Lois is nothing like Lana.)

Just a small side note: I'm not sure if you meant Belle Reeve (where all the Smallville nuts go to) or Bellevue (the real life psycho ward urned hspital with like only 2 psycho floors now) but I just wanted to clear that up. Still, great story. It was sooooo funny!
Taly-chan chapter 1 . 5/7/2010
Hahahaha, that was great. And quite accurate. Loved it.
TheGryfter chapter 1 . 8/24/2009
Poor weather boy... on the wrong end of a full-bore Lois rant on a hot day... sigh, poor freak...
sunset chapter 1 . 1/29/2009
LOL. Awesome. I totally agree with the other feedbacks! Thank you for sharing. Looking forward to other Clois fics of yours!
LandonLover chapter 1 . 12/3/2008
Very cute. Enjoyed mucho. :-*
1eclecticreader chapter 1 . 10/28/2008
I love the way you wrote this! You have a distinctive writing style - it's got your voice print, for lack of a better term. Okay, uniquely yours - how 'bout that? I enjoyed that a lot. Thank you. Great job!
melanthe lilac chapter 1 . 10/20/2008
I very rarely read Clois, but I crawled out of my Doctor-shaped den to look at this one, and it was well worth it. Love the humour, fabulous little Lana-parody, and the last line clinched it. In one word; Great!

-C
sr168 chapter 1 . 4/27/2008
wonderfully wry and funny and incredibly well written. you've got a great feel for Lois.
brosuitup chapter 1 . 2/26/2008
This story is great. I love Lois' rambling thoughts and Clark's confusion.
sundroptea chapter 1 . 12/28/2007
Hilarious and extremely well written. It rode the perfect line between too flip and just flip enough, and there was a real emotion there behind the parody. Thank you for writing it!
Trinity Day chapter 1 . 8/18/2007
A very fun story!
Kylaa chapter 1 . 8/14/2007
i love this!

extremely entertaining.

ha "king of non-verbals"

that's clark.

"i punch weather boy in the nose, he goes down like a little whining baby..."

of course lois would try to save herself.

what i'm trying to say

is this was really good

and i really liked it.

i was extremely entertained,

and this is now in my favorites! :]
Jade4813 chapter 1 . 6/11/2007
Ha! This was hysterical! Honestly, I loved this short story. "This is Smallville. Look at the track record. We both know that Clark will come and do something that is actually kind of amazing and brave in retrospect, but at the time totally idiotic..." *laugh* Excellent!

"And my new position as Lana's stand-in doesn't mean that I'm going to play her usual role of "oh shit, oh shit, where the hell is Clark?"

I'm not that flattered." Has to be the best part!

Great story!