Reviews for Eidolon
Guest chapter 1 . 7/23/2014
The mere thought of rereading had my eyes itching to cry. Good God.
mystery chapter 1 . 12/13/2013
Goddammit my make-up is running in streams down my face right now.
Need to stop reading this stuff in public.
I bet someone thinks I got a text message that a friend of the family passed or something.

Beautiful work. Achingly so. Lost it at the letters. Cid was too heart broken/in denial to write one.
Marisa chapter 1 . 7/31/2013
So sad, sad, sad. It made me want to cry.

I like how descriptive you are in your writing. I'll be reading your other fics and reviewing soon.
ichiruzuka chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
So beautiful, so sad!

As a writer myself, I like to include literal foreshadowing so that my choice of words will eventually become an epiphany for the reader as it does for the characters inside. The way you did it is greatly inspiring!

I don't think it's confusing. It all came to me at once that Cloud was dead. The climax made it clear. But it's really sad. Really, painfully sad.

Great job!
AcidCherry chapter 1 . 3/10/2012
I might have reread this like 8 times, but it never fails to make me cry. I wouldn't mind it if AC had ended this way C:
Missingpieces chapter 1 . 7/3/2011
Cid, where the f*cking sh*t is Cid? Nah, I'm just messing w/ ya but seriously this is good just forgot about Cid. Do add Cid.
imaginedreams22 chapter 1 . 5/5/2010
Wow this is sad. ;; but a beautiful story. So he didnt know he was dead? haha well he is still remembered.
rEckLeSsLy.cOnFIneD chapter 1 . 3/18/2010
Oh my goodness, you truly stopped my heart for a second. Beautifully, beautifully done. Just, wow. That was beyond excellent. The buildup, the reiteration of previous and seemingly irrelevent detail, with such a beautiful finish. I can't get over how fantastically well done this is.
shadowno chapter 1 . 1/14/2010
Pure and Utter poetry. This is absolutely the most beautiful story I've ever read. I pray that you continue the amazing work, and I am now eager to read your other works.
WellingtonBoot chapter 1 . 12/11/2009
I was not expecting that twist at the end. Very well crafted.

This was a good standard of writing and nice to read also. The mood was perfect.
EternallySurprised chapter 1 . 1/21/2009
How cruel.. I just read your kleptomania story and now I'm confronted with the probably most beautiful and tragic piece I ever read.

I think it wasn't confusing at all, it was so totally brilliant.

I already had this feeling that Cloud might not be as alive as he felt (or didn't really). And you left all those hints. OK I have to admit... if I weren't already familiar with the concept of dead people walking among the living and denying their own death from watching the movie 6th sense which came to my mind after the scene with the birds... I probably would have had the first suspicion when you started these flash backs in italics, which was also a brilliant idea.

Nonetheless your whole story had this peaceful atmosphere, I'm not sure how you did it.
With A Smile chapter 1 . 12/15/2007
Ahh, no!

Cloud! *sniffles*
Creative Spark chapter 1 . 12/2/2007
Wow... that was INTENSE! AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!

-Spark
turquoise duck chapter 1 . 10/5/2007
What can I say? Nice, really nice. You kept me guessing to the end. Very well written with a shocking twist. The letters and reactions of the other characters were especielly good. Excellent emotional oneshot.
Pyroblondie chapter 1 . 10/5/2007
OMG that was... good. i really liked it. very well written.