Reviews for What Adele Knew
top story chapter 1 . 5/31
Oh sweet Adele
Nightcrawlerlover chapter 1 . 1/21/2009
Wow. I love Adele - she's so sweet, and she speaks French, the language of love, very fluently too. And I love how Jane is able to understand her (as, according to the novel, Jane herself had been taught the language by a French teacher). Keep up your awesome writing!
Chloris chapter 1 . 1/20/2009
This is by far my favourite Jane Eyre fanfic! You got into Adele's head so well, and I loved that she called Jane "Mademoiselle Jeanette"; very cute.

And now, I think I'll go read some of your other stories. Great work!
LookingForChemistry chapter 1 . 6/12/2008
WICKED!

I know that Miss Eyre will find out about his secret but I want to

hear it in Adeles point of view

plz update soon
PetiteGrimm chapter 1 . 8/14/2007
That was lovely. The writting manner well accomplished!

I do hope you will do more. It was a very good idea to tell some of the story through Adeles perceptive! And you do it so well!

classicfairietail*
Phantress chapter 1 . 8/9/2007
Aw! How absolutely precious to find something written from Adele's point of view... that was truly darling. It's so childish... but, I really love it when all the fairy talk comes out! Yay! Also, you achieved what you described in your Author's Note - the narration seemed to come from Adele herself, with her imperfect and childish English. Very well done!
Rain of Joy chapter 1 . 6/1/2007
This is very cute! You managed to adopt Adele's persona very well. The French was not perfect (monsieur was misspelled and it should have been "ma cherie" because it is feminine), but nothing was horribly wrong about it as far as I could tell.

This was a very interesting idea for a fic, and I must say that if I were Adele, I would not want to go to bed either when the night was so fine. Great job! I hope to see more of your work up here soon.

~Rain of Joy
RhubarbsMom chapter 1 . 5/20/2007
How sweet! Thank you. Adele is often overlooked when JE is adapted as she's seen as a mere plot device to bring Jane to Thornfield, but as we all know children can be very observant although they may not totally understand what they observe, so it's time we saw some of the story through her eyes.

With this story you show us something of Adele and also Rochester's state of mind before the proposal, which we don't get in the book.
x-forbiddenrose-x chapter 1 . 4/30/2007
That was so cute and original! My favorite line has to be, "If they see a child prowling about they may kidnap her and make her a changeling, just like they did to your governess."

Just a note: It's Monsieur, not Monsier.
TattooedSiren chapter 1 . 4/15/2007
Great fic!
francieandbuster chapter 1 . 4/15/2007
You just made my day!

That was beautifully written. In spite of not knowing French, you captured Adele (and all the other characters) perfectly. The way she admired Blanche but noticed that Blanche did not like her much, the way she noticed Rochester and Jane's mood swings and how Jane was "sad" but was unable to articulate this, sounded just like how a child thinks. Everyone was so in character and the details were so faithful to the book!

It's so cute how she calls Jane "Mademoiselle Jeanette." The best part, for me, was Adele's conversation with Rochester, so sweet how Jane is "the beautiful lady" in Rochester's eyes and the way Adele falls asleep wondering if Jane will ever know.

Please write more Jane Eyre stories! You are exceptionally good at it!
Muskoka Girl chapter 1 . 4/1/2007
Aww very adorable!

You captured a child's voice perfectly!
Subservient Revolutionary chapter 1 . 4/1/2007
Wonderful! This was just what I needed to break up my work day. You capture Adele's voice and personality perfectly. She always struck me as a girl who observed more than she let on, even if she wasn't always sure what to make of it. And the Henry James reference was a wonderful touch! Brava!
stineblicher chapter 1 . 3/30/2007
Great vignette! You capture Adele's voice perfectly, and the fact that she knows more than she lets others know because she is trying to make a good impression on them is very touching. I really liked the reference to Henry James. It would be great to read more about the rest of the story from her point of view...
watty08 chapter 1 . 3/30/2007
I really like this! It's interesting to see Adele in this kind of role. Please post more.