Reviews for Dark Lord Potter Part 1
Potterhead81 chapter 26 . 9/20
Enjoyable read, will there be a sequel on the horizon?
Kedar S Barve chapter 18 . 8/18
The two previous chapters have been a disappointment .Even though Harry as Fan fiction strives for politics , the character does not move to join various races in the wizengamot nor allot seats .Also the character's blind hatred for muggleborns seems childish without the knowledge of blood genetics in detail .Still one hopes that harry would evolve into a reasonable & cunning individual joining all strata of society .
Kedar S Barve chapter 14 . 8/18
A truly intriguing fan fiction for Harry Potter .Quite a enjoyable storyline for those wishing to read it .Now it is not any sort of copying from other fanfiction , it is just what if the circumstances & choices of Harry Potter being altered ! Again Fan fiction truly stands for altered choices , doesn't it ? Among it's numerous points?!.The Author has gone quite in depth to outline the various fields in magic , won't be a spoiler , just read it.
Addilyn chapter 2 . 8/5
Love the story so far, but I'm fairly sure Nymphadora is a Hufflepuff. it's better for the plot if she's a Gryffindor, though ;)
Love2read23 chapter 11 . 8/3
Every time a fic has this detention, I'm just amazed at the sheer stupidity of the staff allowing students, children!, to hunt for something that is killing unicorns. It's downright irresponsible. I'm glad that you at least mentioned how wrong that was.
Love2read23 chapter 9 . 8/2
ih my goodness, you were breaking my heart with Harry and Tonks fighting.
missgsmith51 chapter 26 . 7/30
When Harry first transformed, I thought the Gargoyle would be evil. However, it seems to want Harry to treat Hermione better and to react badly against negative comments by Draco, Ginny, and others. It still reacted negatively to Neville and Hermione pushing the issue of Harry's attitudes toward other Muggleborns, though. It will be interesting to see how it influencesandaffects Harry.

It will also be interesting to see what happens to Harry as a result of the knowledge that he gave Hermione the diary. Obviously, he didn't know what the diary was or what it would do. It sounds like Harry has a rough summer ahead.

Good story. I liked the interesting ways you dealt with the key plot points. Very creative. I look forward to seeing how you handle years three and four.
missgsmith51 chapter 24 . 7/29
Poor Harry and Tonks. Seeing someone you truly love get injured or become seriously ill while you are in a state of estrangement is extremely scary. For someone like Harry - who considers Tonks his closest friend and probably the only person he loves - it must be devastating, a sick, helpless feeling. The same must be true for Andromeda, who is also estranged from her daughter.

I really don't think the same is true for Ron, as awful as that sounds, because he doesn't own any wrongdoing in his treatment of Ginny. I'm not sure about the twins, as your version of them is quite different from any I've read before.

I wonder if Harry will be pressed into service once again to try and find the Chamber.
missgsmith51 chapter 22 . 7/29
Well, the Gargoyle thing was totally scary. The way Tonks described Gargoyles reminded me of the information Harry was given about Shadow Mages. The two definitely seem to have some things in common with Harry.

I wonder if someone as frequently angry as Harry will be able to keep the "inner Gargoyle" under control. I can see him unleashing it at Ron, the twins, or anyone who hurts someone Harry loves ... or anyone who has hurt Harry in the past. This would explain his feelings of wanting to kill Snape or Dumbledore. I dread what is sure to happen the first time Vernon or Dudley touch Harry. The Gargoyle will shred both of them.
missgsmith51 chapter 20 . 7/29
Tempers certainly ran high in this chapter. Unfortunately for Harry, the only way anyone is going to support him against Dumbledore is if he reveals the abuse at the hands of the Dursleys. If he were to do that, I think his feelings about Dumbledore would be instantly understood by McGonagall and Flitwick, as well as many of the students. The Wizengamot would have to address Dumbledore's failures and how they have impacted Harry.
missgsmith51 chapter 19 . 7/29
Well, at least Harry had a good alibi against the opening of the Chamber and the petrification of Mrs Norris. Does he know what the diary he gave to Hermione does? Does she still have the Diary? I wonder how long it will be before Harry connects her (assuming she is the culprit) to the opening of the Chamber and the petrifications that I assume will be starting soon? What will happen when it comes out that a Muggleborn is behind it? Will Riddle even want to use a Muggleborn?

I'm curious, though. Will the whole school accuse Harry of the petrifications even though he was obviously not the one who opened the Chamber?
MikeyBlue chapter 26 . 7/29
Great story I really hope there is a Dark Lord Potter part 2!

Amazing story!
missgsmith51 chapter 18 . 7/29
Dumbledore: "How did Harry find out I was his guardian? Why would he want to have me removed?"

It seems to me that the first question is actually the answer to the second. SHOULDN'T Harry know who his guardians are? Aren't they supposed to be teaching him his family history and training him in his family responsibilities? The fact that Dumbledore has never done any of this proves him to have been sufficiently derelict in his duties that he deserves no second chance. He cannot, after all, plead ignorance of the law, since he is head of the Wizengamot.

I wonder if Flitwick will ask Harry about this particular animated toy soldier battle, as it was quite violent. I should think he would want to know what kicked Harry into such a violent mode. I certainly would.

I don't understand why Hermione hasn't learned that speaking out without being called on or butting into others' conversations will earn her detentions or result in loss of points. It's as if she is under some sort of compulsion to call attention to herself. I wonder if she has discovered the Diary and what it does yet. Something about the way she left Tonks in the Great Hall - at breakfast on the first morning - made me think she was under some sort of compulsion. I guess we will find out at Halloween, as that tends to be a day of weirdness.
missgsmith51 chapter 17 . 7/29
"Number 44 is actually dedicated to nothing but showing how to cook certain foods. Our house elves have been watching it nonstop for the last two days," Blaise said with a grin. *** LOL at the House-elves watching the Cooking Channel!

"Harry spent most of his night speaking with Salazar about Tonks. Unfortunately, his familiar refused to do anything but play the Devil's advocate as he completed agreed with Mrs. Tonks' opinion about Draco." I'm surprised Harry isn't listening to Salazar more closely, although I didn't understand him to be THAT hostile to the Rabbit. Perhaps Harry should talk to Salazar a bit more about the Malfoys. Harry trusts him, and perhaps Salazar has some insights Harry is unable to discern. I think a familiar should be trusted, especially Salazar, who has proven his loyalty and wisdom repeatedly.

The Twins really do seem to be bullying toward Tonks. What makes it so bad is that they not only bully her for her Metamorph status, but they impugn her reputation with subtle sexual innuendo. Of course, the parents never see this aspect of their "teasing," so they don't see it as bullying. I hope Tonks doesn't feel sidelined by Ginny.
missgsmith51 chapter 16 . 7/29
Wow! You certainly packed a lot of action into this chapter.

"NYMPHADORA GAMMA ORIONIS TONKS!" I found it interesting that Gamma Orionis is another name for the star known as Bellatrix, which happens to be the name of Andromeda's other sister. I find it odd that Andromeda would give her daughter a middle name that has anything to do with Bella. Is there some requirement that Tonksie be named after her aunt? If so, is that why Andromeda used Gamma Orionis instead of Bellatrix? I'm just trying to figure out this one, because it doesn't make sense, knowing Andromeda ... unless the Black family magic forced it in some way.

The robe Tonks "acquired" and gave to Harry seems bound to eventually cause trouble. He surely can't wear it. I guess he'll have to settle for just knowing he has it. If Andromeda ever finds out what Tonks has done, I wonder what she will do. She already doesn't like Tonks to be around Harry. What if their relationship progresses to something more serious? The way they both acted while they were estranged reminded me of stories about soul-bonded couples who were separated. Is that a possibility with these two?

I'm surprised Lucius didn't do something to Harry for switching thr Diary to Hermione without asking first. I can't imagine him being too happy to have Harry "improving" upon his plan, especially since it would remove the punitive aspect from Arthur. Harry doesn't understand what the Diary is, correct? He just thinks it is a Dark artifact?

If Harry has to rescue Hermione from the Chamber ... or would he just leave her there? After what happened to him the last time he rescued her, he might not bother.

With all of the focus put on Ginny's wand and Ron's hostility over it, I expect something to happen involving Weasley wands. Will Ron's wand be broken this year? If so, it shouldn't be due to crashing the flying Anglia, since I don't expect Ron will need to fly it to school this year. Then again, he's such a twit that he might find an alternate reason.

I don't envy Lockhart this year. This Harry doesn't seem like he will be content to just sit idly or even skip a bad class. I can see him really hurting Lockhart, especially if Lockhart's ineptitude causes harm to someone Harry cares about ... like Tonks, Draco, or even Ginny. Does your Dumbledore really understand the harm he is doing to the students with these bad choices?
2,533 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »