Reviews for The Coins Series
GellyRoll chapter 24 . 11/23/2014
I have to say that this is one of the best Power Ranger stories I have ever read.
The writing is fantastic but the thing I love the most is how you were available to create your own universe using events and characters that are real, but at the same time the changes you made work perfectly with the story and could be easily true.

I think that idea to give Kimberly more importance in the ranger universe was fantastic, ant the way you took her personality and change it because of the Muirantian incident was totally brilliant, bedsides her relationship with Jason was lovely.

The only down for me, is that I would love to read more of Elemi and Kimberly, I actually like that couple :D

In less words; awesome job and brilliant story !
Opalbrat chapter 24 . 4/28/2013
Loved this! U did a great job making them sound like real people. :)
O'MiaLove chapter 24 . 8/29/2011
My mind has been blown! This story as a whole has been quite the roller coaster. I enjoyed the whole damn thing. Phenomenal. I have to say that it is beyond one of the most unique and creative stories I have came across and there are only a few that I truly truly enjoyed. This is one of them.

You had me hooked since the beginning. And I must admit that you somehow reeled me in like a fish on a line with the story about Alternate Kimberlys and alternate worlds. I swear I dreamed out it for days. That alone was clever. and Kemora! Kemora! Wow! The idea of her and how evil she truly was was captivating. All because her Tommy didn't love her. Her revenge was pure evil and equally intoxicating

Jason and Kim being Murithian (I'm pretty sure I didn't spell that right) twins was such a fun twist to throw in and I enjoyed how they played off of each other and knew what the other was thinking. I liked jealous-no lets say over protective Jason.

Not to mention this was a Kim and Tommy story that I enjoyed a whole lot.

I don't know who Carrie is or what she looks like, but after reading your story I can't seem to fathom the idea of her not actually belonging with the rangers. She fits perfectly into their mold.

Other things I loved:

Thomas.

The Alternates Turbo and MM

Stories about the other Kimberlys

The idea of Tom and taking Kim and Kats children to raise on his own.

The thought that Kim and Tommy were born as twins

The Zeo Rangers (Although I did stop watching MMPR when Kim left)

The quest Kim, Carrie, and Karone left to and what actually happened to them. Kim being back to her young self, Carrie marrying David, and Karone going in search of Dalcea.

The Heartland Ranch

Kim getting snatched by Kemora

There are probably a thousand other things I enjoyed about this story, but possibly can't think of any at the time.

I must admit that you are now one of my favorite writers, but I have to give props to your daughter for having this be a Tommy and Kimberly story. I was overly pleased that it was because this story was just so...so... so... so god damn fucking amazing!
Asian95 chapter 24 . 5/3/2011
This is an amazing story. The only fault that I can find is that sometimes the description and/or backstory are rather long and at times tiring to read. But nevertheless, it is without a doubt the best Power Rangers fanfic that I'd come across in 3 years. i hope there's a sequel to this.
livinglifeasitis chapter 24 . 12/19/2010
There are just a couple of things I would like to say first.

1.I just spent six hours straight reading your story. I’m tired and in absolute awe.

2.I am genuinely surprised by the number of reviews you have received. You should have more. This is by far the best thing on this fandom.

I adore your story; I find the plot line ingenuous and your characters or rather the characterizations of your characters perfect. Not in the way that they are Mary-sues but that, your characters are so impossibly human- that they have flaws and character quirks that are both simultaneously annoying and endearing. And I say ‘your’ characters because whilst Saban and Disney may have introduced the characters to us, you have turned them into 3D people, with emotions and angst and [real] troubles.

I also love how in each chapter you allude to problems that may be major focus points later on, that certain issues are going to stop just because a new ‘big, bad’ has entered their lives. It adds a major sense of realism to ‘The Coins’- because just like in real life, problems are going to be readdressed again and again. What really stood out to me was Tommy’s ridiculous and yet understandable over-protectiveness. I look forward to you further addressing Kim’s response to it [in ‘The Triads’-is that still happening?], she has to put her foot down otherwise it’s really going to spin out of control.

I also adore the Kim-Jason-Carri friendship dynamic. I love them. They’re just wonderful together and I feel that the “being shut of each other’s lives” issue hasn’t really been fully addressed, yet. I hope it does because I truly want to see more bonding moments. I have this little scene played out in my mind, where the girls ditch their respective halves to drag Jason shopping…because I feel the girls are going to be sick of Tommy and Rocky’s possessiveness soon and will just want to hang out with their ‘big bro/best (guy) friend’ /. I hope to see more Kim-Jason-Carri moments.

I am also in forever-debt to your daughter, because I would’ve been absolutely distraught if this had turned out to be a Kat/Tommy story as was intended in the original script. I’ve always felt Kat to be a weak replacement for Kim (as a Ranger and a person) and the way you’ve characterized Kat makes me feel justified in my opinion. I appreciate how in ‘The Coins’, Kat is a person and you haven’t just bashed her character like so many other Kim/Tommy fanfics have done. I like how you’ve given her traits that make me feel whilst she was a good Ranger, she wasn’t a great Ranger and that Kim and Kat have a mature reason for not liking each other [their personalities just don’t mesh]rather than just plain ole jealousy over the fact that they have both dated Tommy. Mind you, like Carri seems to, I still get annoyed every time she pops up in a chapter. Hrm. I don’t think I’ve expressed myself clearly; I’ll come back and try to clear things up late when I reread.

I feel like I’m going to collapse now- it’s 3 a.m. where I am now and I promise to come back and review your story in depth later.

I love ‘The Coins’. Please tell me the sequel is coming soon.
BoukenGreen chapter 24 . 9/10/2010
very good story is there any possiblity of a sequel
LinkTsunamiGirl chapter 24 . 8/13/2010
I just finished reading your story and wanted to tell you that I found it fascinating. I was hooked from the first word. I only stopped reading when I had to. I think that your an awesome writer and plan on reading your other stories.

Jamie, A.K.A LinkTsunamiGirl
musicfighter chapter 24 . 2/24/2010
I've been in a huge PR mood lately what with Power Morphicon (I live in So Cal, so I'm totally gonna be there :)) getting closer and closer. Because of that, I decided to re-read one of my favorite Ranger fics. And, of course, it's still awesome. Can't wait til you'll finally be able to continue this story in the Triads.

I'll be glad to finally meet you in person a PMC.
Andros Dorian chapter 24 . 2/19/2010
Ah, a fine ending. I enjoyed it, really. This was a very well written, very well thought out story. I loved every bit of it!
Andros Dorian chapter 23 . 2/19/2010
Great chapter, I loved the ending battles. One more to go...sigh...
Andros Dorian chapter 22 . 2/19/2010
Great again. I loved the Zedd/Rita daughter confrontation and the fact that that's Skull's wife, and I loved it when he feinted after hearing she's pregnant.
Andros Dorian chapter 21 . 2/19/2010
Great chapter, I liked Karone going to Phaedos, Carri cutting her hair (and it staying that way) was funny. It's sad that I'm almost to the end, but I can't wait to finish it either.
Andros Dorian chapter 20 . 2/18/2010
Ah, I like the Kemora scene, Karone becoming Astronema once again, and Malek/Cassie's parts. Great chapter, as usual!
Andros Dorian chapter 19 . 2/18/2010
The parts with the Phantom Ranger, I'm tired so I'm going to guess it was Malek? Anyway, they were great. I loved the parts with him, I always enjoyed him as a character. Also, the ending with Carri was great. I loved it, also when she punched Jess in the face. Great stuff.
Andros Dorian chapter 18 . 2/17/2010
Haha, great chapter. The meeting was great, I love the Green Ranger questioning himself, etc.