Reviews for Sacred Host
tanithlipsky chapter 40 . 4/13
very good
doc sawbones 1 chapter 40 . 3/2
thanks for the chapter, I'm enjoying the story so far. interested to see how this all ends up
zedille chapter 40 . 2/19
Very nicely done with Elskir and how this chain of events has now led to a more receptive frame of mind for her...
Tsaukpaetra chapter 40 . 2/3
Haha, another one starting on the path they don't yet see.
This re-legion will bring the Empire to its knees soon enough...
dogman15 chapter 40 . 2/3
Okay, so what's a nerutith?

Great story progression - I think I can still remember everything that was happening. Sorry I don't have much to say. But I'm still enjoying this.
Phantomfray chapter 40 . 2/2
I like the way you describe Yerk culture and history in this story. Great chapter.
Animorphgirl chapter 40 . 2/2
Interesting chapter! I wonder if Malcar’s decision to alert this powerful Yeerk will lead to Teresa becoming a Saint? And perhaps Elskir will become one of the Yeerks to convert to Christianity. I am a bit confused about izcootz and the other type. One rejects taking host’s for the sake of preserving the old culture and the other will do anything for a host? Anyway, look forward to reading more.
FoxsoulRedux chapter 39 . 12/5/2017
What a fascinating take on religion and science fiction!
ladyowl chapter 21 . 11/10/2017
I am reading your fic, in an attempt to understand my fellow humans a bit better. So far, I appreciate your writing, even if it hasn't necessarily resolved my confusion any. :)

I especially do not understand the ending of this chapter. I hope that you don't mind if I write you to ask about it, and I hope that you won't misread my curiosity as insult.

The question is as follows: why do you [the author] assume that no other religion would be able to inspire its 'adherents to give themselves to their enemies out of disinterested kindness'? From an outside perspective it seems as though there are many religions that are able to inspire their devoted to acts that appear very extreme in the name of the religion. Consider, for example, the self-immolation of Buddhist monks while protesting tyrannical regimes, or the extreme dedication of Jains to non-violence that will not allow them even to injure an ant.

Anyways, best regards, etc, ladyowl
dogman15 chapter 39 . 11/2/2017
Well, I finally found time to read this. Thanks for continuing the story, and I hope that you are able to continue it soon!
zedille chapter 39 . 10/31/2017
A fascinating chapter, that did an excellent job hinting at all the different levels of events playing out, dependent on how much each character knows about what's actually going on (oh, Kati's poor concerned parents...)
Animorphgirl chapter 39 . 10/27/2017
Interesting chapter-especially Toloth's handling of the Elskir situation. I don't remember this condition being present in The Capture-was Temrash one of the exceptions, maybe? It has been well over a decade since I read it last! I suppose you could consider Toloth as having had a baptism by desire. He doesn't exactly believe yet, but you can see that he's coming closer and closer to faith. As for the archbishop-perhaps his playing cards with Kati's dad is also an attempt to do some witnessing through example? If effective, perhaps Kati/Elskir will be joining Teresa and Malcar at Mass. I have to wonder if Elskir will end up becoming more central to the story later on. She seemed like a minor character at first, but she kept popping up! Hoping to be able to read more soon.
Tsaukpaetra chapter 39 . 10/26/2017
Hmm that really couldn't have gone that much better. Even if his actions remained noteworthy the fact he was impersonating means the blame would fall well away from him. On the same token, when he switches back... Things are getting pretty complicated, eh?
Pavitra chapter 38 . 10/16/2017
Throughout this chapter, I kept thinking about Jesus making a point of ministering to the meanest, lowest, and reviled - and then you went in an entirely different direction altogether. You're certainly a very thought-provoking writer. I look forward to future updates.

Thank you for writing.
The Heroine With 1000 Faces chapter 38 . 5/16/2017
hey it's me again. I wish I knew you in real life, I can tell you are a really intelligent creative mind and I relate to people like that. we have had great religion talks, and while I'm still an atheist, I'd still love to be proven wrong. I really wish there was a god/deity of some kind. a benevolent one, of course. anyway, really fantastic chapter, as always. loving how we get to see the inner thoughts of Toloth and Teresa. Was that sweet golden voice he heard...God?