Reviews for Sacred Host
Tsaukpaetra chapter 37 . 2/25
That was an entertaining tirade for sure. Sometimes it's easy to forget this is vocalized through a female's softer voice.
And Toloth gets another piece of unsettling thought-junk. How many challenges can he endure? We'll just have to wait and see!
Keep going! ;)
tanithlipsky chapter 37 . 2/18
very good
ivantmyburd chapter 37 . 2/11
Wow, that got intense. One doesn't usually think of Yeerks as being prone to existential crises like that. They're not often portrayed with that kind of humanity. But of course it makes sense a sentient being with their lot in life would answer questions about purpose and meaning this way. It makes you wonder how many of them, then, would follow up on that answer and ask questions about morality the way Toloth does.
All in all, an enjoyable, thought-provoking update! Thanks very much!
zedille chapter 37 . 2/6
That was a really interesting philosophical discussion of Yeerk destiny and determinism. Your Toloth voice (and Toloth-imitating-Malcar) is very finely realized.
dogman15 chapter 37 . 1/31
So here's definite proof that this story takes place after Book 6 (The Capture), since Tom now has his second Yeerk, after Temrash 114. This (Penjoth 016) is the Yeerk that lives on to the end of the series in Book 54, and who laments that he should have been at least a "Sub-Visser by now." I seem to recall that earlier in this story, we confirmed that it takes place after Book 7 (The Stranger), due to the EGS Tower's Kandrona being destroyed.

What do you mean by "viz., pessimistic nihilism"? What is "viz"?

Lastly, how do you invent words like Shelfatt and Yeerk names? Do you just mash consonants and vowels together in a way that evokes K.A. Applegate's alien words?
Dogman15 chapter 36 . 1/31
Before I go on to Chapter 37, I had to re-read this one for a recap. The first Animorphs book takes place in 1997, not 1995. I'm timing this based on the fact that Marco references The Prince of Egypt (movie) in book 30, which was released to theaters on December 18, 1998. We extrapolate backward and forward from this and find that the main series takes place between 1997 and 2000. Look up "List of Animorphs books" on Wikipedia; the "Chronological list" is my doing, saved from when it was once its own article.
Defender31415 chapter 37 . 1/30
Good job. I sense an upcoming conflict between the Yeerks' Nietzschean Darwinism and Teresa's expression of Christianity in Catholicism:
ivantmyburd chapter 36 . 1/20
I got just one negative thing to say about this, so I'll just get it out of the way: although I also follow Jesus, I disagree with the Catholic-specific teachings presented here. There, that's done, moving on.

I found this story this morning and read it all the way through the most recent update almost in one sitting. If I had found it in paperback binding with David Mattingly's cover art, I'd believe it was an official spinoff of the main series. Your writing is excellent - conventions, storytelling, all of it - and it fits nicely with the styles used in the official series. The perspectives and actions of Teresa and Toloth are completely believable in-universe, and that helps make the characters that much more endearing.

What impresses me the most, though, has got to be how seamlessly and realistically you incorporated Christianity into this very un-realistic sci-fi universe. I devoured these books as a kid, and sometimes I would imagine myself being in the story. Things always got complicated when I tried to figure out what role my beliefs would play in it. You've shown me that incorporating my faith into fan fiction can be done, and it can be done WELL. For that, and for the story itself, I thank you.

I see it's been a while since this story was last updated. If you're not working on it anymore, I'm very sorry to hear that, but I understand. If you are, then I eagerly await the next installment.

That's all I got! Burd out.
Tailturner chapter 36 . 10/5/2016
It's stories like these that make me want to revisit the Bible, even if I refuse to believe myself. Thank you.
Ale123456 chapter 36 . 9/17/2016
I hope you continue to add more to this wonderful story.

I do not have a religion, and only know the basics of Christianity (I grew up without religion), and I still adore this story. I feel very much like I can relate with Toloth. I feel like I'm slowly learning more about this interesting religion.
I don't know if this story will help with conversion, but believing in a religion is something I've wanted for a while, but find very hard to do. I've been to several churches, but none have felt right.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying going on this journey of sorts with Toloth.
The characters are all so realistically well written. They all feel very real, and I feel invested in all of them. I'm so glad I stumbled upon this story.
Ale123456 chapter 8 . 9/15/2016
Woah, this story is awesome!
I'm so glad I stumbled across this! :o
Guest chapter 36 . 8/26/2016
This is a wonderful piece of work - please do continue writing!
Lana del Fae chapter 36 . 8/24/2016
This is great! This is novel-quality writing.
zedille chapter 36 . 8/12/2016
Good to see you back! I enjoyed this chapter, though I admit the details of the calculator game went rather over my head. It was interesting to get a glimpse of young Teresa and her family life, and slipping that thoroughly self-contained story in as a distraction Toloth asked for was a clever meta twist on your part.
Tsaukpaetra chapter 36 . 8/8/2016
An interesting game. Seems Toloth may have subconsciously gained a life lesson there...
We think it's a mark of irresponsibility that they allow a fugueing controller to sit there in public. It's needlessly reckless. Who was responsible for that, again?
Keep going! ;)