Reviews for Sacred Host
miauzhang chapter 1 . 7/18
I found this just couple days ago. And this is really plausible. Except the thing about real divine intervention, of course. But yes I can buy the whole aliens getting converted and all. A truly sentient being can recognize innate goodness and high moral standard and golden rule. Values such as compassion, forgiveness, and etc, is universal truth that will move hearts
16tonweight chapter 2 . 7/13
I just started reading this, but can I say, excellent deep cut with the name.

–Adelphos
tanithlipsky chapter 41 . 7/11
cool
Tsaukpaetra chapter 41 . 7/4
The adjustments are so subtle even he himself isn't realizing how un-Yeerk he's acting. It's almost frightening.
zedille chapter 41 . 7/2
Teresa's comments about the clothing industry are too true... not worth submitting to Yeerk rule to change that, but really, it's ridiculous. Extra points to you for using that as a lead-in to Toloth trying to "read about virtue and asceticism", indeed, and the reversal of what one might expect would be their situation.
Animorphgirl chapter 41 . 6/30
Great chapter. I enjoyed the dialogue between Teresa and Toloth about clothing. I sort of think that Teresa would be in the minority of plus-sized females who would want accentuations on their clothing, though. Many would prefer their clothes (and the colors of the clothes) to draw less attention to their weight. So, it wouldn't be very profitable for the clothing industry. Too bad she lived before the days of Etsy and Ebay, where she'd be more likely to find clothing that suited her personal style. As a lover of long and VERY full skirts, it's still a challenge to find them online, but nowhere near as difficult as in retail stores-and far less expensive, for the most part. Anyway. I also enjoyed the continuation of the Bishop and Teresa being able to attend Mass with Toloth instead of Malcar.

Obligatory nitpick: At the end of chapter 33, you mention the date being December 22nd. Given that this is Toloth's first full day out of the pool, wouldn't he have to return to the Yeerk Pool well before the Christmas Eve Mass of December 24th? You mention during chapter 28 that the previous day was a Tuesday (hence the Sorrowful set of mysteries for the Rosary), so there's no Sunday Mass that Toloth would have to attend as Teresa. I suppose you could go back and change the date of the Fete to December 23rd, and have Toloth observe that Teresa and her family always attend the Christmas Eve Mass instead of the one during the day. Which would still put Teresa in a bit of a pickle, because what excuse could Toloth (or Malcar) give for a Sharing meeting on Christmas Day? The easiest solution might just be to make today/the day of the Fete be on December 24th and revise this chapter so that the Bishop will be celebrating the Christmas Eve Mass? Too bad Yeerks have to feed every three days!

Hope to see a new chapter soon. :)
I love this story! Seeing the update made me happy :) But the cliffhangers feels slightly evil ;P
dogman15 chapter 41 . 6/29
"I will instruct all makers of female human-Controllers' garments »never to put extra ornament on anything smaller than a size 13." You have an erroneous » in there.

Thank you for another chapter! I don't mind how slow they come, I'm happy you're still updating this story.
Venomlover60 chapter 1 . 4/26
Wow
tanithlipsky chapter 40 . 4/13
very good
doc sawbones 1 chapter 40 . 3/2
thanks for the chapter, I'm enjoying the story so far. interested to see how this all ends up
zedille chapter 40 . 2/19
Very nicely done with Elskir and how this chain of events has now led to a more receptive frame of mind for her...
Tsaukpaetra chapter 40 . 2/3
Haha, another one starting on the path they don't yet see.
This re-legion will bring the Empire to its knees soon enough...
dogman15 chapter 40 . 2/3
Okay, so what's a nerutith?

Great story progression - I think I can still remember everything that was happening. Sorry I don't have much to say. But I'm still enjoying this.
Phantomfray chapter 40 . 2/2
I like the way you describe Yerk culture and history in this story. Great chapter.