Reviews for Sacred Host
Aynessa chapter 35 . 3/21
I am utterly entranced by this story. Never have I come across such a fantastic meshing of sci-fi fandom and real-world concepts such as Catholicism. The idea of Christ spreading theough the Yeerk Empire, changing Yeerks' hearts as He goes, is absolutely fascinating. This is brilliantly done, even for someone who has no knowledge of Catholic rituals and barely remembers the Yeerk premise from a book series read in childhood many years ago. Bravo!
Eruantalon chapter 33 . 12/19/2015
I love your pseudo-history for the Sharing! The glimpses of Yeerk culture make them seem so much more like well-rounded persons - which is exactly what this story's pointing out they are.
Eruantalon chapter 20 . 12/19/2015
I like the translation "statue-honor." :)

To bring up a possible misconception, one way for Toloth or someone else to interpret "if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law [of Nature]" would be to think that Christians led by the Spirit can break gravity, electromagnetism, and other physical laws. Which, well, the Spirit does empower us to do miracles - very rarely. If you're looking for a way to make Yeerks really worried about Christianity, or else really confused, this might be it...

On another note, it's sounding to me like Malcar herself is being influenced by Theresa more than she realizes. She's already treating the spiritual power of Christianity as real. She says the idea is living. She was literally praying to a dead Yeerk in the last chapter. If this's a subtle setup for something, I'm looking forward to it.
Eruantalon chapter 19 . 12/19/2015
I'm rereading this story, and coming to it without misconstrued expectations, rereading is even better than reading the first time!

I see you've been editing things a bit? Good work; two of the edits are great improvements. Malcar accusing Theresa of "avoiding Mexicans because of an old schoolgirl rivalry" is much better than "sulking when Philip Walden doesn't notice you." For one, I don't think Theresa would be interested in romance right now; for another, racism is a clearer sin.

Also, I love the explanation of how the Skrit Na picked up one of the Bibles commissioned by Constantine and have been reinventing heresies ever since! It's plausible; it's fun; it plays in well with Toloth's confusion. And it even fits with what God has allowed in His Church: half of Asia was Nestorian for centuries, and at either Protestants or Roman Catholics are still in serious heresy after five hundred years, so God clearly allows a part of His Church to remain in heresy for a long time. What's more, after this fic, the heresy might be about to be corrected...

There's one other edit, though - I seem to remember a line where Gef mistakes Theresa's description of the Devil ("a being of great cunning and malevolence") to be talking about the Yeerks? It might not quite fit with his character, but that line was fun; I'm sorry it had to go.
moira chapter 33 . 12/5/2015
Yeah, there's no way the Yeerks were in 21 states, given the endgame.
moira chapter 21 . 12/5/2015
What have you got against United Methodists?
moira chapter 15 . 12/5/2015
:D

Yeah, she was sort of de-emphasising that bit, over-all...
moira chapter 14 . 12/5/2015
:D :D :D

(I had wondered why you'd decided to have her in the the tanks rather than any of the others but it's so she has water, of course, not... anything else anyway good)
SoManyPuns chapter 35 . 11/1/2015
May I first say that I absoluely love this story, I've devoured the whole thing in one night (and eagerly await more) because I simply couldn't put it down. Its not often I run across a really good christian fanfiction, but I definitely have this time!
Your writing is awesome, your knowledge of the fictional universe is astounding and your grasp of christianity is absolutely stunning. I feel like I've leaned a lot just by reading this, questions I'd never thought of answers for myself. I love your characters, I love the plot, I love the whole package, thank you for writing and posting this, I love it.
zedille chapter 35 . 8/29/2015
Good to see you back! I wonder if cutting things fine the way Elskir is has happened much among other Yeerks; there is certainly no way at all that something could go wrong at the event. Right. (No matter what happens, I'm looking forward to seeing it!)
Daenerys chapter 35 . 8/24/2015
One of the great things about Animorphs is the fact of alien invaders having to deal with Earth mundanities, and you capture that perfectly. Also loving the faux-scholarly tone, and the details of Yeerk logistics.
Silverheart chapter 35 . 8/23/2015
I love this story. The glimpse into the homicidal politicking of the Yeerks, the, er, "humanity" of the various aliens, and most of all the spiritual aspects of the situation are real treats to read about, especially the way you write them. It's amazing to find a piece sympathetic not only to Christianity, but Catholicism, as well. Fandom can be a depressing place in that regard. Thank you!
Sailor Pandabear chapter 35 . 8/21/2015
cool.
Eleutheria Wolf chapter 35 . 8/21/2015
Oh my gosh! This story is still alive!

This is awesome, I thought this story was long-dead for sure :) I can't wait to see where you take the Kati-Elskir twist here!
Fallen Dragonfly chapter 35 . 8/20/2015
Not much to say this time I'm afraid. Felt like more filler or set up. Sadly, that's important too often.