Reviews for Sacred Host
Sailor GaOn Donut chapter 32 . 4/17
interesting
Daniella Violet Moon chapter 32 . 1/7
Woah. Toloth just didn't. That was... I actually don't know how to feel about this because that's directly against his entire purpose on Earth. Before he was curious, confused and intrigued but now it's different. And he really doesn't know why it feels that way.
Sooooo good.
DVM
Tezi the Waterbender chapter 10 . 1/5
That is so perfect for the Skrit Na...
zedille chapter 32 . 12/31/2013
Lovely chapter! I had to look up the reference in the chapter title but it does seem quite fitting for the situation. I liked your comments on how the costume looked perfectly lovely to Yeerk sensibilities even if to human eyes it looks ridiculous. It really depends on where you're coming from: it's not something I would have come up with myself, but it makes perfect sense considering.

Toloth is changing, even if he doesn't know why he is - you're handling that character arc very smoothly, I think.
Tsaukpaetra chapter 32 . 12/28/2013
Ooh the changes are becoming more pronounced!
Jouaint chapter 32 . 12/28/2013
Great chapter.
dogman15 chapter 32 . 12/28/2013
What a pleasant little chapter! I can't wait to read more. :)

(But it was rather short.)
Animorphgirl chapter 32 . 12/28/2013
Interesting chapter, though definitely too short given the wait you put your readers through. At the rate you're going, it will be 2020 before Teresa and Toloth even celebrate Christmas. I realize you have other projects to work on, but try to make your updates either more frequent or more lengthy.

That being said, I enjoyed the interaction between Teresa and her grandmother. I'm looking forward to seeing the event that the Sharing has planned that would require such an unusual outfit. Also, does Teresa get some sort of allowance, or do her parents pay the monthly fees for her to participate? I would think that some parents would say that's too much money to fork over just for their kid to belong to an organization.
R. Donald James Gauvreau chapter 32 . 12/28/2013
First of all, I love the chapter title.

I like how Toloth's feelings about books are given an extra touch here. I feel as though I should greatly dislike him for his dislike of books, bibliophile that I am, but I find myself very easily hating the sin and loving the sinner.

I hope that he learns to love books someday.

Mrs Chiodini is fun. I hope that she doesn't get infested.

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens when Toloth has to give up Teresa's body.
Darkest643 chapter 32 . 12/28/2013
Ah, good. Another chapter. I've been waiting for another one.

Apparently, Yeerks like Santa more than the humans do. Wonder what they write in their letters to Santa...

Dear Santa,
This year I have been a very good Yeerk. I have aided in the infestation of 17 humans, and I didn't slap Yurtle Four-Four-Three in the face when I could have. I want a better host body - young teens are mostly useless - and I want that promotion that Iniss two-two-six hinted he might be giving me.
Sincerely,
Hortool Nine-Four-Three

But in all seriousness, I liked the chapter. We have a little bit more development for Toloth toward his eventual transformation (something I am looking forward to in the future, hopefully before chapter 40, but not too soon before then), and he seems to be very confused about it. I don't blame him. However, I wouldn't mid taking a look at a couple of those bookshelves. *wink*

Some of Teresa's faults are illuminated here, but they're very natural ones, and help her character define herself better. Also, Mrs. Chiodini snipes a bit at he Sharing more (yay!). I'm liking her character so far, so keep up the characterization you have on her.

As for next chapter, I think that Mrs. Chiodini is probably going to meet Chapman, and they're going to have an interesting discussion about the Sharing. Perhaps Toloth will start to realize what is happening there, but I can't say for sure.

All in all, I thought this was a good chapter. Keep up the good work, and have a wonderful holiday!
zedille chapter 31 . 12/25/2013
I just found this story via TVtropes and I'm thoroughly impressed by what you're doing here. This is a really excellent worldbuilding look at the Yeerk empire and how a social movement like religion might have the power to cause so much change from the bottom up, and we've already seen elements with that from Gef. You also clearly are very familiar with Christian philosophy/theology and are able to present that to the reader (as well as to the Yeerks, via Teresa) without crossing the line into full-out proselytizing. You've been generous with the hints about where this story is going; I'm looking forward to seeing that when the story gets there!
Darkest643 chapter 8 . 11/19/2013
Toloth certainly is irritable. Teresa does make up for two chapters ago, and she learns a new word! Gef decides he needs Jesus; if only everyone would make that decision...Toloth isn't really happy with Gef at the moment, but to him, Gef's body is worth the trouble. His irony is also funny, even if Gef didn't get it. Teresa must be a little tired, because she rushed through a lot of important stuff that I might have expanded upon. Otherwise, she's doing well, and Toloth is getting further down the road to conversion.
Darkest643 chapter 7 . 11/19/2013
Gef shows his resoluteness. Sometimes those who aren't as mentally superb are more stubborn than those with a higher intelligence. Toloth trying to dissuade Gef from purposefully trying to kill himself through a second escape attempt was funny, and Toloth's reaction to being outmaneuvered by Gef was funny. Toloth's thoughts in the beginning of the chapter are also very interesting to read. Teresa did make a mistake last chapter, but Gef is rectifying it unknowingly. Now Teresa will have to make it up to Toloth next chapter...
Darkest643 chapter 6 . 11/19/2013
Another conversation between Teresa and Toloth! Teresa ties in what she was talking about in their previous meeting about the nature of the Trinity with what she is talking about now—Jesus' sacrifice. Also, the conversation about evil and its existence was well done. Teresa trying to fit in some humor was funny, especially after it fell flat. Teresa's last words to Toloth this chapter set up a bit of conflict between them. She's right, of course, but Toloth won't want to accept that. Good chapter, and I'll see you next one.
Darkest643 chapter 5 . 11/19/2013
So, Toloth wrestles with the fact that the Yeerks may not be as superior as he thought they were. Lissim is introduced, and Toloth starts to give excuses. Teresa is obviously having an effect not only on Gef but on Toloth as well. I liked how Toloth was analyzing how the explanation of the Trinity could have come about. Eventually he deduces what he doesn't want to believe. Either the Humans are smarter than Yeerks, or that there really is a God. Neither answer is acceptable to Toloth, so he tries to get around it in his thoughts, but it'll be back.