Reviews for Passive
Megami-Sama88 chapter 17 . 6/27/2014
I'm like 6 years late to the party here. I'm guessing it is safe to assume that this fic probably won't see the end, and I'm not even sure you're still around FF to read your reviews.

Anyway, on to my actual review.
I'll mention a few typos here and there only so you can correct them if you ever decide to return to this fic. There's actually a few in different chapters and I didn't write them down to point them out, sorry.

Next, I want to say that while the story had the potential to be really great, I felt that the chapters dragged on and on, focusing on the same thing. They felt more like drabbles than anything else. I think they explored the same feelings and emotions in quite a few chapters, and to me, it became redundant to the point I wanted to skip ahead. I don't have anything constructive to say, or any advice to give here, and that's terrible, so I apologize. I think it has more to do with my taste in reading material and less to do with the material you presented.

Now, as far as the characters go, I'm really picky about what is acceptable for my standards. I may be harsher than most because I work really hard and strive to keep characters as close to the original as I possibly can.
Let me start with Faye. I think you did a good job with her character. Most fans want to portray Faye as an overly-violent girl with a foul vocabulary and an “I’m a bad bitch” attitude, and I have to say that is not the case, at all. Faye acts tough, but tough isn’t necessarily bitchy. I think you did a good job in not making Faye a bitch, and I loved that. On the other hand, I think you made her seem too weak… walking around in a daze and stuff. Judging from the series, Faye is pretty strong. She faced her past, decided it wasn’t all that great and pretty much moved on. But, because of the events that take place and the background you gave he in your fic, I think you got it right to how she would act if this stuff really did happen. So good job on Faye.
Jet Black was wonderful, in my opinion. You did such an outstanding job portraying him that I really don’t have any complaints. He seems a little more secretive, and a little quick to get angry, but again, based on the events and background you gave him in your fic, I think it’s an appropriate way for Jet to act. I really liked him.

And now for my beloved Spike. What can I say about him? I think you made him seem too annoying… too nosey. Spike was never one to pry or anything; he is a nonchalant character. If the crew wants to share stuff with him, cool… if they don’t… that’s cool too. To each their own. That’s the kind of attitude Spike has. He would probably ask once and if the person didn’t want to say, he’d shrug his shoulders, pull out a smoke, and that was that. But in your fic he seems annoying lol.
As for the backgrounds of the characters… they were interesting, to say the least. I can totally see Jet’s background being very plausible. His mom, the abortion… all that jazz… it could totally be canon, in my opinion. Again, I loved Jet in your fic.
Faye being a modern day, twisted Anastasia was an interesting spin.
As for Spike and his dead baby… well, I’m not sure I’m too keen on that one.
However, it is your fic and you can do whatever the hell you want with it lol. I don’t usually give such lengthy reviews unless I think the fic has a lot of potential.
All in all, it was a good fic, and as evidenced by all the praise and reviews you have, you can be proud of yourself. Your style of writing is superb, and the way you tell your story really captures the audience. I commend you for your writing and vocabulary… it is not often that I come across a fic like this on , so I thank you for sharing your work with us. Maybe one day you will come back and finish; it seems such a shame to let it die with no closure.
animestarz96 chapter 17 . 5/14/2014
Omg! So great! Please update!
liz-sakura chapter 17 . 3/28/2013
has been a long time since last update, but still just wanted to comment that it was a very good story, especially with the implementation of another language.
greetings. :)
Jisusaken chapter 17 . 3/25/2011
This is a good story. Update soon please!
anime-catdragon chapter 17 . 3/7/2011
so. I have read and reread this story a million times and I just realized I don't think I've ever reviewed. But MAN this is fucking amazing! I think what makes it stand out and keeps me coming back is your delightfully sinful sense of humor. It plays out sooo wonderfully and yet you still keep everyone in character. It really depresses me that it has not been updated in so many years. I realize I have absolutely no right to bitch since I have not updated my own little story in years. but really. please please PLEASE come back to us! Or at least have the courtesy to let us know you've abandoned it! I can't stand it! lmao. Anyways, hope to hear from you soon!

superfrogsavestokyo chapter 1 . 7/1/2010
I'm pretty sure two and a half years without an update means this fic has been abandoned, but one can still hope right? :D
marora chapter 17 . 2/16/2010
This is really well done. I hope you update it!
skinnieminnie chapter 17 . 1/16/2010
I seriously love this story. Did you ever finish writing it?
ultranaff chapter 17 . 11/18/2009

what an AMAZING story

god damn

i don't even know where to begin. everything is just so good. your ideas word flow. damn good story telling skills. shame you never finished it. 17 chapters man, you're on a roll. don't give up now. reread the story and realize how amazing it is, and then give it a damn ending!
chae.himmler chapter 17 . 7/13/2009
pleaase pleassee update. god, ive been waiting for these story for almost a year, its such a waste to not finish somthing so good. please continue
brainfear chapter 17 . 5/15/2009
Dang! More soon please!
Mirra Mirra chapter 17 . 10/11/2008
Um... more please?

I love your characterization, and how you write. Generally, I'm not one for first-person because it always seems slightly Mary-Sue-esk, but you've done such a great job with integrating their personalities into the style, that I absolutely love it.

So great job. If groveling will get another chapter added, I'm not beyond that.
Miss Informed chapter 17 . 9/27/2008
I really like this story! I hope Faye will be okay...

I can't wait to find out what happens next!
Sparkle85 chapter 17 . 7/12/2008
OH, I just re-read this entire fic and let me just tell you that I love it! So far, so great! Can't wait to see another update soon!

Until then, have a great summer! :)
cbfan chapter 17 . 5/18/2008
Hi! I'm a first time reviewer. But I wanted to to encourage you to update your story! It's really good~ It possesses the original cartoon's cynicism about life, but it has enough hope to make it an entertaining and believable fanfiction. And I really like the insights each character brings to the story. It's a bit random on my part, but some of the lines I laughed out loud in...

The one about Faye being taught how to fight by her mafia family: "I mean, jeez. That's just good parenting."

And there were a few more, too, but my internet is running too slowly for me to go back and check which ones I liked. But there were many. So give me more!