Reviews for Chicken time
fairydustandcansofspam chapter 1 . 10/7/2007
Wow. That was a beautiful story.

Why must your work always make me nearly cry? :,)

The ending was the best. I love it.
MoonyIsTheMan chapter 1 . 4/19/2007
I really liked it, but you keep asking questions without question marks.
APpLeBun chapter 1 . 4/18/2007
Luna and Ginny are two of my favorite characters, so thanks for writing this! It really made my day. I mean it was just so sad that Luna doesn't have any real friends. You wrote her very accurately and I think that this is great.
Dead-Luthien chapter 1 . 4/11/2007
Another wonderful Luna story! I love it!
Possum132 chapter 1 . 4/5/2007
Chicken time is a nice idea - and it rings very true. Another reason for Ginny to feel so anguished when she began to suspect that she was the one strangling Hagrid's roosters. This seems to be a portrait of Ginny's second year - the Ginny we see in OOTP is a very self-confident young lady, nothing like the peaky little girl of CoS.
Nimbus1944 chapter 1 . 4/2/2007
Luna's perception of the world is so much more acute! No wonder her "Lunacy" is beginning to rub off on Ginny. Luna is the light in the night, is she not? Well done as always.

If the teacher in a previous comment will allow a slight amendment: "bale" is a bundle, as in a "bale" of hay or cotton, or the act of bundling, while we would "bail" the water from a boat or a person out of jail/jaol, or "bail" out of an airplane/aeroplane. "Have a ball!"
Perceval23 chapter 1 . 4/1/2007
Yay! My question about how Ginny knew about Luna's friends has been answered! :)

Another great story.
fledge chapter 1 . 3/31/2007
Harry asked her to the Yule Ball? It's Ginny's second and Harry's third year - there wasn't even a ball, was there? How does that work? He didn't even ask her the year after! Or is it just in her imagination? If so, it should be a bit more obvious. Also, if it's her second year, we'd expect some reflections on what she did to the chickens the year before, don't you think?

Apart from that, though, another perfectly adorable fic of the kind you are so great at. Even the slightly dangerous aspect of the fairies fits wonderfully into the lighthearted sweetness of it all. Elizabeth and George II - really rum names for chickens! And the Carnivorous Crowling - even better than the snorkack! Sounds like a big black bird with fangs. But what I like best is the "unfathomable chicken business"!

PS: Teacher's stuff:

Hustle and bustle (not Rustle)

Yule BalL (not balE) - though this is most likely just a typo. BALE is what you do to get water out of a boat.

apologetic voice (not apologizing)

excuse needs an object, otherwise use apologise

you PRAY in church, but the Crowling eats its PREY.

I'm sorry if this annoys you - just tell me to stop it and i will. It's just that a wonderful story should be as perfect as possible. And I DO hope to read more of this sort of thing!
Professional scatterbrain chapter 1 . 3/31/2007
Truely beautiful. I absolutly adored it.
Ember Nickel chapter 1 . 3/30/2007
Beautiful.

I'd really like to see Harry's reaction to meeting Luna's friends.
BajaB chapter 1 . 3/30/2007
Yet another beautiful freindship fic. You are just so good at these, it makes me jealous of your ability! :)