Reviews for The Corner
machievelli chapter 1 . 7/28/2013
Posted 15 December 2012, at and the Coruscant Entertainment Center in my The Critic's Two Cents. I was posting directly to the actual story threads, but my computer went down for the second time in six months with a virus in June of 2012. Then in November kotorfanmedia went down for reasons unknown, so I was stymied in my attempts to post the reviews. I had waited for it to revive, but you on deserve your reviews.

KOTOR on Korriban: Dustil must take that final step

The piece has all of the self doubt you would expect when someone has to go against what he believes. The only negative I had with the piece was who is this Lorna? The girlfriend the Sith has gotten rid of was named Selene.
I am no longer available chapter 1 . 4/16/2007
Nice, I like it! You did a nice job of describing Dustil's turmoil. I'm not a fan of the ghost thing (read too many versions of it), but everything else really set up the whole corner theme.

good job! BaM
Inconspicuous Acuity chapter 1 . 4/12/2007
I liked this very much. It was intensely emotional and the frantic thoughts only added to the whole feeling of importance. I'd say you've truly managed to portray a decisive moment from Dustil's life... if not two, one only in his thoughts.

Interesting choice of Revan, though I'm more than certain she was distorted by Dustil's perception. Also, I could spot none of the typos you mentioned, but that might because I've been too caught up reading. Very enticing, overall. :)
CodenameSAILORV chapter 1 . 4/8/2007
This is an excellent example of incorporating the theme of the challenge. There were many examples of characters turning corners both literally and figuratively. You handle Dustil's dilemma deftly. (Yeesh ... say that 5 times fast...)

His fear and anger really drive this piece. You create a sense of urgency that really pulls the reader into his conflict. Very nice!
Son Kenshin chapter 1 . 4/7/2007
Wow, nice one-shot! I's not a one-shot right/

This could turn into another big fic.
Rian Sage chapter 1 . 4/4/2007
I loved the inner turmoil. You did a great job of staying in Dustil's confused mind. He seems very young, naive, and full of fear. I would have liked to have seen more on his reaction to the news. You were on a roll with his search for something he'd lost. But when he found it, we didn't get to experience how he felt.
Trillian4210 chapter 1 . 4/4/2007
Very nice, short snippet into Dustil's psyche. Appropriate too, considering that in the game, you can turn him around rather quickly.

Nice work...for a drunkard. ;)
PadawanMage chapter 1 . 4/3/2007
Great insight into Dustil's mind. Funny how it took the vision of his friend to make him turn the corner.

Good Job!
Lossefalme chapter 1 . 4/2/2007
Oh wow! :D GREAT JOB! You did an excellent job on incorporating the corner theme for this fic, and I LOVE your subject choice! That was always one of my favorite parts in the game, when Carth and Dustil met up and had their confrontation. I like how you portray Dustil here and show his inner conflict between his Sith family and his love/hatred for his father. Very nicely done. Of course, I would have loved to have seen more... but I always want more. Lol.

And the last line beautifully ties everything together! BRAVO BRAVO! I loved it!
Thug-4-Less chapter 1 . 4/1/2007
Well, for it being unbeta'd and you being tipsy, it was a very good read. I could practically feel his inner turmoil.

Excellent job, O Tipsy One.
elenathehun chapter 1 . 4/1/2007
Oh, Dustil. You are so...wangsty. So, so wangsty. This story makes me want to say 'there there' and 'stfu' at the same that emotion what you were going for?

Anyway, I definitely enjoyed it, because everyone loves the emotionally disturbed kid who sees dead people.

Well, I do, anyway.