Reviews for Neon Genesis Evangelion: Genocide
HexasMancer chapter 15 . 2/6
An absolute masterpiece. Captivating. You write all of the characters so well - especially given that Evangelion has some very complex characters and a web of motivations. One of the best fics I have ever read.
ThisFanIsFiction chapter 15 . 12/20/2015
A Story so nice, I favorited twice!
AllMyGimpSuits
AllMyGimpSuits chapter 15 . 12/20/2015
Few people are able to fully understand the complex relation and emotion of the people formulated in Evangelion. Even fewer are able to capture those emotions and build upon them. Rommel, you have made the single greatest achievement of not only developing those relationships, but improving them. This is even show in your professional creation of your character Keiko no less. If I have a single criticism for this, as to explain an error done by the author and not a subjective commentary, it is that all other fan-fiction has forever been ruined by the perfection produced by this masterpiece.

I am no writer. But I can speak for myself when I say that this writing has moved me, changed my life if I can even go that far. I have to choose my words carefully in this review as to respect the purity and effort put for the author. I made this account to show my appreciation, and I think I will even make another just to give Rommel another well deserved, no destined, follow and favorite. This art, although under-rated is no less relevant.

It is even better than what Hideaki Anno has orchestrated. Everyone deserves to read it and feels it's moving words that can even connect them to a deeper understanding of themselves.

Rommel, thank you.

Disclaimer: I have had a few drinks, but that is not to discredit this possible ramble. I have read this piece over the course of a few days and it has moved me at a fundamental lever. Please, if you have any regard for yourself, read this work of art.
Lord Sovereign chapter 15 . 12/16/2015
After reading this damned masterpiece, I am now leaning back in my chair with a smile upon my tired face. This is a genuinely fantastic story, with excellent plot, characters, development, and a luscious bit of world building. This would not only be a good premise for Evangelion series 2, but it surpasses both the original series and movie with relative ease. Congratulations sir, on keeping me hooked like a drug addict to this story from beginning to end.
jcmoorehead chapter 15 . 12/3/2015
Just finished reading this and I have to say it was absolutely wonderful, a complete masterpiece. The characters were perfectly written, the story was engaging, the action sequences were thrilling and it was such a joy to read.

I'm actually really disappointed that I was away from fic writing and the Eva fandom in general when this was being posted because I would have loved to have followed along with it. It was so brilliantly written from beginning to end.

I know the chances of you reading this are fairly low considering when this was published but having wrote fic's in the past and only just returning to it myself I know how important reviews can be so I wanted to leave one just in the chance that you did see it.
lose chapter 1 . 8/16/2015
I'm currently in the process of rereading this masterpiece, and all I've got to say is wow! I didn't quite understand the first time how magnificent this fic truly was. I kind of just breezed by the chapters back then because they were so easy to read and so enjoyable, but now I kind of wished that I took a little bit more time to savor each and every moment. Compared to a lot of the other stories I've been reading, this one is miles and miles ahead in terms of everything. Characterization, plot, details-it's all delivered in spades and it truly makes for an awesome story. All I've got to say is that this story is one of my all time favorites, and don't think that your effort has gone wasted Rommel! It's brought me immense enjoyment and I'd like to thank you for working so hard to deliver such an awesome piece of work! I hope one day you find the time and motivation to write more EVA fics because you're one of the greats. I know it's wishful thinking, but like you said in your profile, a guy can dream. Anyways, brilliant story.
jaren.moore chapter 15 . 7/12/2015
There's a reason this could be called NGE: season 2. One of the best things I've ever read. Nuff' said
kostigan chapter 15 . 6/4/2015
Amazing. This story is the closest thing to NGE Season 2 I can think of. The character's devolopment just feels so natural.
dukebop chapter 15 . 6/1/2015
Brilliant. Simply brilliant. Kudos to you.
pihip chapter 9 . 5/9/2015
I have this fic fav'd since it's such an awesome story, and am now re-reading it.

Honestly, I feel like a fool. In my first review, years ago, I honestly felt that the Tablet was the most interesting character you created, and for a while I even believed it.

... now that I'm re-reading the story without rushing, I can say I was wrong. If you made an original character that deserves the crown, it has to be Keiko Nagara. The poor girl is just so pitiful one really wants to give her a big hug, and that we actually know what she looks like (the 'cover' for your story is a stroke of genius) makes it all the more easy to relate to her, and all the more painful to see her suffer like this.

And that's what's most surprising, for me at least. This fic focuses on Shinji and Asuka's character development, and we all know by now Asuka has a truckload of issues. Yet she has her inflated ego and pride as a shield, however cracked it may be.

Keiko has none of that, she really is a female counterpart to Shinji, with none of the few benefits he has to keep his life a bit less miserable.
A True Radical Dreamer chapter 1 . 5/6/2015
I usually don't bother with reviews, but this story is a special case. It's probably the best Eva fic on the internet in terms of plot, writing, and length. It's a great book. Thank you for writing it.
M.J.P. Smith chapter 15 . 12/24/2014
Very nice. Well executed and worth the ending. Quite possibly one of the best Eva fics I've read. I was expecting more of an ending, but when I thought about it, you closed all possible plot holes in distinctly Eva fashion - implication rather than exposition. Well handled. I like this quite a bit.
darth-korbo chapter 15 . 12/9/2014
Just finished your story. Fabulous work. Creating a new, extended ending for something like Evangelion while making it fit both lore and tone is no easy task, and you've done it in spades. I could fully believe the progression of character relationships and themes carried over from the original series. Sure, i felt like there were some loose plot threads here and there, but nothing I'm willing to gripe too hard about. All in all, it feels like a natural extension of the universe, and I love seeing that in a fanfic. Thank you for the great read and best of luck with your future projects. Your hard work and talent has not gone unappreciated.
Mario chapter 15 . 11/25/2014
Easily the best Eva fanfic I've read so far. I will get to re-read too! :) Good job Rommel.
WriteShop chapter 15 . 11/12/2014
This is a great story. A little wordy, but well written, especially the first few chapters