Reviews for Neon Genesis Evangelion: Genocide
NGE Genocide is a must read for any fan of the series. Rommels writing style paints a vivid image in the mind of the reader, easily allowing anyone to become immersed. I read the whole thing in a few nights and was left desperate for more yet glad that it ended on a satisfactory and hopeful note.

This is one story you won’t regret giving your time to.
️️️️️
sin Eric chapter 16 . 1/8
viz1 chapter 16 . 1/7
This story is a complete masterpiece in my eyes. I don't really know where to begin, so I just want to say that Rommel, you did an absolutely fantastic and masterful job at creating this story. You truly brought all the characters justice while giving them amazing, believable development and satisfying, beautiful conclusions to their relationships whilst being extremely realistic as well as faithful to the original show. You did all of this, while at the same time providing no easy answers to the difficult questions and subjects this story explored brilliantly. But by the end, those answers were beautiful and incredibly well thought out.

The ending was incredibly sweet and happy as well, which is nothing but great in my eyes (it also didn't feel shoe-horned or unrealistic at all, quite the opposite, because the characters went through hell and back 10 times over throughout the story; they earned this ending). The ending was extremely satisfying and genuinely happy, whilst being grounded, even though by the end, it left me wanting more. Hopefully we do get more, but if it fully ended like this (which I'm certain it has), I'm fully satisfied and extremely happy with it.

Remembering the beginning of the story, compared to the end and everything that happened in between, puts into perspective how deep as well as expansive this story really is while not skipping a beat. There are some flaws, but it pales into comparison to how good everything else is.

I loved seeing how all the characters developed and how their relationships evolved, Misato, Rei, everyone (especially Shinji/Asuka). On top of that, all the OC's were genuinely amazing. None felt out of place, and every single of one them had a place in the story that made me love each and every one of them (except Kluge and similar, the bastards). They were all incredibly well written, fleshed out with their own quarrels and strengths, making them all pretty unforgettable. It really was a complete emotional roller-coaster from start to finish, and I didn't want it to end. Everything felt so right, nothing seemed out of character. It wasn't an easy journey for any of them, but it was one that ended beautifully and happily.

This story really is season 2 of NGE, and I honestly prefer it much more over the anime/EoE (not disregarding the Anime and EoE though, they're both masterpieces in their own right, and the Anime is what happened before Genocide anyway, so its supplemental rather than a replacement). I could keep gushing why I love this story, but I think I got my point across on how good this is.

Its sad that its over, but I think that's what makes it even more beautiful. I won't forget this story.

11/10. Glad I got to experience it.
yugewinner chapter 15 . 10/18/2023
if you see the name Kato or junichi nakamiya or sato or kluge or any other names not from the real series you can just keep scrolling until they go away. I PROMISE you it makes the story so much better. It's so much filler that HAS to be skipped
yugewinner chapter 4 . 10/5/2023
so far it's just everyone is mad and sad but won't talk about it cmon man
sebclem chapter 16 . 10/2/2023
Well... Where should I start...
This is just excellent. It's going to give you a huge kick in your feelings, but it's all worth it.
For the first time in my life, I have read something that get me huge tears.
The character development is just insane, all these things they been through...
The last chapter, oh my god... It's so hard to read this one, but you can't just stop ! You can't just stop because this is so well written ! The last night I went to bed a 3am because I just need to keep reading, I just couldn't stop, too caught up by the story.
I will not even talk about the end of chapter 3 and the 2 chapter that follow this one, this had a too big emotional grip on me than I can ever admit.
And finally the Epilogue... A fresh breeze that will try to help you keep this story behind you... But you can't... (Well "I" can't...) This will stay engraved in my memories for a long time.

Rommel, I can never thank you enough for this masterpiece so please just take my humble and full of emotion:
I will finish with something that you wrote at the end of the Epilogue that really sum-up everything:
"Nothing is ever easy. But it's worth it."
JaCkZt07 chapter 15 . 9/11/2023
This was the best read of any Fanfic I have read. It was beautiful from start to finish, made me laugh, and have some tears in my eye. Thank you Rommel for taking the time to write this amazing story and for sharing it with everyone.
Silvermoonlight GJ chapter 16 . 6/28/2023
Awesome end to the story I really like that everyone got their happy ending and both main couples are happy, I do agree with every one else this is an awesome S2 to the series and I recommend everyone read as it's so good plus I'll move these reviews to A03 when those final chapters are posted, thank you for giving us this fantastic creation :D
Silvermoonlight GJ chapter 15 . 6/28/2023
Really powerful and beautiful chapter I like that you took EOE but ran with it in a very different way to the series. I feel really sad for what happened to Maya, yet I was cheering when Ritsuko and Gendo got owned by Rei cause in this AU they deserved what was coming to them.

I like Kaworu here as you made him a decent villian and his role made a dark kind of sense as well as his interplay on being jealous of Asuka. Speaking of which, I love that 01 and 00 were on the field in this turn of events and it was awesome to see. His ending fate was a really nice nod to the film and a cautionary tale on how hate just breeds more hate.

I love the kiss between Rei and Keiko and that was the motivation for Rei to really start fighting back. I love Asuka and Shinji's instrumentality part as that hits really hard after everything and was beautifully written when the kiss comes and I love the imagery of the destroyed 01 and 02 in lover's embrace.

Also so glade everyone is okay at the end and though I'm really sad about Maya I get why you did that it was to teach the price and hardship of war and how no one really wins and we loose loved ones and innocent ones. As everyone is someones baby that gets forgotten a lot.
Silvermoonlight GJ chapter 14 . 6/28/2023
Really enjoyed this chapter, nice to see a lot of characters working things though like with Asuka you can see the rays of light that she is getting better but its slow while Keiko and Rei are bonding you can feel it there and Rei is becoming more and more self-aware of whats going on and how people lie. Also good to see Misato and Asuka come to a sort of middle ground :)
Anon chapter 16 . 6/22/2023
This was a God-tier fanfiction 11/10
Strange Geometry chapter 16 . 6/21/2023
So obviously the best Eva fic ever.
benetgladwin chapter 16 . 5/19/2023
Amazing! I loved this story so much. Changed my perspective on the show and the characters.
Nihilist intellectual chapter 16 . 3/5/2023
God, what these poor children went through is overwhelming. You could write the entire Gulag Archipelago with everything they lived through.
Especially Asuka, my brave and lively redhead, why has the world stained your promising life with such pain and anger in your heart?
The only hopeful thing in the midst of this hellish life is the fact that Shinji grows a spine and decides to comfort Asuka and face her, despite his regrets, his paralyzing cowardice, and all the physical and emotional pain she caused him.
If this suffering serves to stop him from being a doormat and droolingly apologetic, it is a price worth paying.
Asuka is simply heartbreaking, she is like a festering volcano of anger and pain that hurts herself and everything around her. It's almost physically painful to see her like this and a relief that at least Shinji and others are close to her to help her purge herself of this cancerous suffering that has been with her for so long.
Above all I am moved by the fact that she feels remorse for all the pain she caused her friends, that she finally abandons that porcupine shell and is able to show her pain and apologize and be loved and love witouth hurting people.
We see what we always wanted to see in Evangelion, our tears were not shed in vain, at the end of all this rivers of tears happiness and bliss finally emerged.
All this immense suffering had a purpose, Shinji and Asuka were able to redeem their mistakes, they were able to mature and their souls were able to flourish and transcend to become better and virtuous people and achieve true happiness despite all this cold, cruel and heartless world.
The entire world may deserve to burn in ashes, but sometimes there can be something nice for which it deserves to be forgiven.
Guest chapter 16 . 2/5/2023
This was like crack. I’m sad it ended. But nonetheless this gave me a proper closure to the series. It’s the best Fic I’ve ever read.