Reviews for Becoming A Cop
trippingflamingo chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
This story is so sweet! You can really feel the unconditional friendship between them. And funny too! I love this line: "You'll feel better after you finish reciting the Arabic Alphabet." I can just imagine them saying that too! :)
janet brown chapter 1 . 2/5/2009
enjoyed the story very much shows how much they care about each other
M. Willow chapter 1 . 4/14/2007
I really liked this one. A great exploration of a person going through the end of a marriage. Well written.
ollie bear chapter 1 . 4/5/2007
Karen,

What a terrific story. This story really defined their freindship. I loved this part:

Hey." My partner turned to me. "Hutch, what is the best thing you've ever done in your life?" His voice soft-spoken.

"Becoming a cop." The words tumbled out without thought. There it was. The truth. The bottom line.

And this line summed it all up:

Starsky slapped a hand hard to my shoulder and gripped tight-his way of saying-

I love you, man.

Great job! This is my favorite pre-divorce/Vanessa story.

Ollie Bear

P.S. You have a gift for describing the way throwing up feels and looks *LOL*
Ukkie chapter 1 . 4/4/2007
Hi Karen,

This is a very good story!Being so drunk does not help to make you feel better.A friend like Starsky does!You made that very it very much!

Nelleke
Jan in VA chapter 1 . 4/4/2007
Hi!

You know I used to watch those old movies that depicited being drunk as a funny sight to the SOBER ones around the person and I used to laugh my head off...now I just think it's one of the saddest sights.

Pain...deep emotional pain that can cut worse than any knife...thank GOD for good friends!

Type to you later! God Bless!

Jan in VA
atrish1 chapter 1 . 4/2/2007
Karen,

I love way too many things about this story to comment on them all.

1.-loved your description of Vanessa

2- this sentence is just charming- "trusted that I had all the things that made good marriage material, only to wake up one day and discover what that really meant. Apparently the only material that mattered to Van was the green kind that put status behind the name; Mr. And Mrs. Crusading Attorney at law, Hutchinson"

3. - you said Hutch was only one carrying the torch and she wanted to carry the checkbook.

4. the bartender's presence and demeanor that leads up to the comment -"zip up your pants"-very clever

5. vanessa saying he'd ruined her life& she hated him- perfect line to spiral hutch downward

6- i completely fell in love with this story and especially the phone call conversation and the barkeep's interjecting commentary

7- while this story was a challenge i didn't expect to find such a treasure - well written and wow the loving care Starsky shows his incoherent( & I loved that too- comedic and tragic)

8- btw-the vomiting was completely disgusting - but i guess you'd be glad to hear that - you accomplished the task - but

you know i think you also created a very well written testament to showcase this wonderful friendship. this just might be one of my favorites that you've written.

it made my feel all warm and nauseous-weird combo.

lovely story, karen. Some really good writing- and very witty, too.

Trish
brook5 chapter 1 . 4/1/2007
that was really good..shows how close they are...
rsb57 chapter 1 . 4/1/2007
It's great to have a friend who loves you unconditionally.

This was so good and so S/H. I love the drunken banter!

Becky