Reviews for Growing and Standing
Storm Pegasus chapter 7 . 3/29
I love this story, very well written.
Anglwitch6090 chapter 2 . 11/10/2019
Just found this but would have definitely reviewed if I had seen it as you were writing it... I wish I had found it when I was still teaching. I had two deaf students who would have loved it, and I used fanfic as a way to get all my students to engage
Chalayne chapter 7 . 9/20/2019
I would love a sequel to this beautiful story. Your writing has so much depth. You’re able to use fewer words than most and immediately immerse me in your world
vach.tm chapter 7 . 9/11/2019
Fantastic fic! Love every word. Thank you for sharing!
T1962 chapter 7 . 8/31/2019
Beautifully written story. I was hooked from the beginning to the end.
hisnhers chapter 7 . 8/24/2019
Lovely story.

hisnhers chapter 4 . 8/24/2019
I truly do NOT understand why teachers wouldn't make sure to help Hermione by speaking while facing her, yes, they may forget, but they should try. Or why they wouldn't want her to use sign language, especially if it helps along with her speech in communicating with them.

Fellow students they just need someone to pick on. It honestly doesn't matter what it even is. Kids just want to pick on someone else just for the sake of making themselves feel superior. There are those who are kind. I appreciate people like that.

Adults, especially educators, shouldn't act like the children.

hisnhers chapter 2 . 8/24/2019
Rereading this for the... 4th? time. Maybe 5th.

Still well written. I am sure you are quite relieved by me saying that. lol!

eterna-romantica03 chapter 7 . 7/25/2019
A moving and inspiring story. All I can add is thank you and 'they live happily ever after'
eterna-romantica03 chapter 5 . 7/24/2019
Would Ginny be as you portrayed her? Hmmm, have my doubts, she wasn't a bully or petty or a coward; however this is your Ginny and the context of your story her behaviour isn't that out of character.
eterna-romantica03 chapter 3 . 7/23/2019
Every time I read about Hermione's backstory my heart hurts. It she never hears again I'm okay with it. It is not about what makes you vulnerable but about what you do about it and Hermione is doing what the Hermione I admire does: deal with it and grow stronger.
eterna-romantica03 chapter 2 . 7/19/2019
That last scene was heartbreaking. Bullies are despicable! And I'm glad this fic is complete.
eterna-romantica03 chapter 1 . 7/7/2019
A deaf Hermione, what a great premise! I hope there's not much Ginny and Ron bashing. I know hard not to with Ron but Ginny, I kind of liked in the books. Anyway, great start!
dramioneharmony7 chapter 7 . 3/13/2019
Oh I love this story so much! Please please update, this is one of my favorites of all time.
Guest chapter 7 . 1/25/2019
While I would have loved the "traditional" happy ending where everyone's problems were ALLUVASUDDEN!SOLVED!11!, I in fact like that with this story, Hermione's hearing didn't (seem to) miraculously return - and it didn't "have" to because the "problem" actually WAS solved: Harry found his balls and his voice, and he and Hermione, along with Neville (and I do love how you portrayed Neville!) and Luna (she's always a fave) have their own little circle of friends. I like to imagine them being friends for life, and I like to imagine maybe Hermione's hearing mysteriously returning, like maybe she just happens to wake up one morning and wonders who's sawing logs in her bedroom and OMG, IT'S HARRY SNORING or some such, just as I like to imagine anyone who has lost their hearing mysteriously/miraculously regaining it (same for those who've never had the gift - bam, honey, here you go).

A very lovely story and I thank you for writing it.