Reviews for Kurik
Fox Murphy chapter 1 . 12/1/2009
Oh this was absolutely fantastic. I've always loved Eddings' books, this series included, but I can't say I've ever read fic for them - until now, of course. It's been awhile since I read Sapphire Rose, but I do remember this scene (largely because this was one of the few literary scenes that I positively sobbed over while reading) and you do an excellent job not only with Kurik's PoV in the moment but also with the idea of the afterlife and what comes next. It really fits as a good finish to his story. *thumbs up* Really really well done.
Oreal770 chapter 1 . 8/11/2009
sweet :)

Love Aphrael, she's sweet - and annoying ;)

poor Kurik :(, i wonder if he knows Talen killed Adus? He would have been shocked to see that.

Poor Aslade, at least she got to say goodbye :)

great fic, kinda sad...
sakuzi-chan chapter 1 . 10/20/2008
Wow! I love this glimpse into Kurik's afterlife, really truly. Cried buckets after he died (in the book), and somehow your version of what happens next fits so seamlessly. It's wondrous how you make a sorrowful moment into an achingly sweet piece. Flute *would* be so interfering, jealous, and endearing at the same time. The original addition of the Styric child at moments of Kurik's life was a nice touch! Thanks for sharing :)
Walks In The Shadows chapter 1 . 8/3/2008
This...is just wonderful. I can't say that I wasn't sad when I read that Kurik died (in fact, I was positively miserable), but this takes my mind off things. It's been a long time since I've read 'The Sapphire Rose', a long time since I read that page, but I think I'm happy that he's in the hands of the mischeivious but so-very-loveable Child-Goddess. I especially love the part with Aslade and Kurik, and Aphrael's "KURIK! YOU STOP THAT RIGHT NOW!" XD. Every bit of it was just wonderful, just great, just -so Flute-. I don't think I'll ever really find a character I love more than her, and this fic just makes both Kurik and Aphrael that much more loveable.
zedille chapter 1 . 3/20/2008
*sniffs* Sweet... and Aphrael was PERFECT. Me liked!
amphrite chapter 1 . 8/25/2007
i lve this story. there arn't many great Elenium fanfiction but this one is really wonderful. i was always said about kuriks death, but this gives me some peace, knowing that he is in aphreal's hands. wait...is that a good thing. oh well.

Peace out

Tiki
MystyKitty chapter 1 . 6/29/2007
I just wanted to let you know that right now I have a tear hanging off the ends of my lashes and a powerful desire to dig through my boxes of books to retrieve my copies of both The Elenium and The Tamuli. David Eddings was, is, and probably always will be my most favorite author and I can't believe I am reading a fanfiction. But I'm glad that I did, you captured the little girl/Goddess diachotomy of Aphrael and the stodgy greatness of Kurik. I'm sure that you know this, but you have here a beautifully written end to a great character that makes you laugh, cry and in the end leaves you with a wonderful feeling of bittersweet laughter.

Bravo.
Shadowdancer9 chapter 1 . 4/10/2007
this was a lovely piece. I would love to see you write a sequel with the wedding from the future. lol.
squiek chapter 1 . 4/2/2007
This is a wonderful insight into Kurik's feeling! I think you caught him well -and Aphrael, too. Really touching... well done!
Gracie'sMom chapter 1 . 4/2/2007
Thank you for that wonderful story! It was absolutely lovely, and I look forward to reading more of your writing very soon (hint, hint).