Reviews for An Interlude
HisPrincessHope chapter 1 . 11/5/2011
You just wrote a likeable down to earth Valjean and Javert... and succeeded. *Sweeps top hat off in a dramatic bow Scaramouche would approve of* My hat is off to you!
Bramblefox chapter 1 . 7/27/2008
*bounces excitedly* I love your Javert and Valjean interactions! Brilliant! You got both characters square on, and I love how Javert is so dignified and brusque and cool and...and...*splutters for lack of words*

Favorite lines: '"It is an honour, Monsieur Javert." Well, he hoped it was. For all he knew, the fellow could be the newest scandal. Though... not with those eyes.' *snickers at the though of Javert being a scandal* Fabulous! I'm feeling rather exclamatory, apologies for the excess exclamation points.

Also: 'What am I doing? Coveting his fire? Or being unpardonably, obnoxiously curious? Which one will get me in more trouble with the priest?' *giggles* Oh, Valjean. Always beating yourself up. I love this.
NemoRex chapter 1 . 4/28/2007
How I missed this when you first posted it I'll never know. A beautiful little piece; the description of the forest, of the little bit of un-Saintly Valjean wheedling its way out into the open, the way you introduced Javert and his campfire, and the interchanges between the two were excellent. A lot can be said through silence. :) I hope you will write more in the "Les Miz" section.
Petit Parapluie chapter 1 . 4/27/2007
Wow... this was a great short story! One shots are notoriously difficult to write, becuase it's got to be succinct and yet grab the reader at the same time. I don't attempt it, becuase I waffle too much :P

But this is a good first attempt - always a pleasure to read little verbal maneouvring between Valjean and Javert. Sorry for the lateness - only just got your PM, as my comp's being erratic again. :(

Oh well. Write more! Lots more!
mildetryth chapter 1 . 4/15/2007
Don't really get it. It's wonderfully written, don't get me wrong, but... they knew each other before this already! That Javert doesn't recognize him, okay, but that Madeleine -Valjean- doesn't do anything, is not even surprised or scared is a bit weird.
LesMisLoony chapter 1 . 4/6/2007
How lovely! Your imagery is fantastic, and I absolutely loved your description of Javert. They both seemed completely recognizable, if slightly stylized. This is so wonderfully different!
Javerts-Wench chapter 1 . 4/5/2007
That was really good. Your use of words and description is great.
astoryinred chapter 1 . 4/1/2007
Yes, this is very interesting. Poor Valjean, poor Javert. No wonder why the Inspector is always edgy...
PhantomInspector chapter 1 . 4/1/2007
Very awesome. I love the scenic description and the detail you use for Valjean and Javert. I wish there were more pieces like this out there. I especially liked the ending:

"If you had asked him, he would have been forced to admit that he felt disappointed, but not able to explain why."

I think the poor guy is just so lonely.
AmZ chapter 1 . 4/1/2007
I love the idea of Javert randomly running away to the woods to sit by the fire and have a think. :)) Also, love Valjean's odd feeling of "Scary dude. Must make friends!"

Favorite quote: "Sometimes 'Pere' Madeleine had strong doubts on whether he should let the children flock around him so much. Afterwards he almost always had to go to confession. Must not have violent thoughts about small children. Five Hail Mary's and a bloody strange look from the priest." That really made me laugh.