Reviews for One More Kiss
tuxjim chapter 10 . 12/9/2012
GOOD story...GOOD ending... and, as I promised, BOTH you and the story are now ensconced firmly on my favorites lists.

A bit of a roller coaster ride, emotionally, but with the motivations and history as you detailed them, that is understandable. I just hung on and enjoyed it from the middle of the first chapter on. And, YES, I did thoroughly enjoy it. After all the angst and emotional whirlpools that both of the ladies went through, the prospect of a good life together is a 'fitting' reward for them.

I enjoy all the pairings in all the Sailor Moon stories that I have read, but my absolute favorite pair is Ami and Makoto, mostly since I have written (but not posted yet) about 15,000 words of my own about their relationship. I started writing almost as a therapy to "jump-start" my own emotions again about 2 years after my wife died (29-1/2 year marriage) nearly 7 years ago. They were actually the second and third stories that I attempted.

But enough about me and mine...this is your story and my review should be about how much I liked your work. OK... I LIKED IT A WHOLE LOT, and would recommend it to anyone who had about an hour that they wanted to fill in a GOOD way.

Take care and be well. Ja ne for now.

tuxjim chapter 8 . 12/9/2012
I disagree with the reviewer who said the story is going too quickly. And, of course, I agree with you (especially since you, as the author, know how much you are revealing in each chapter).

They are two women who, for whatever reason as stated by both, have had a LOT of water go under the bridges of their lives and, the love that they had and still have for each other notwithstanding, have to come to the realization of the pain that the other has gone through and what, if anything, they can do to give comfort to the other.

I usually don't do a 'running' review like I have on this story, but I DO like to read the author's notes in the chapters and there have been some that I feel that I need to 'weigh in' on, so to speak because the comments have generated a response in me.

See you at the finish line. Ja ne for now.

tuxjim chapter 4 . 12/9/2012
Just as a pre-final chapter review comment, I (put that letter in bold italic cap) read the disclaimer and would notice (but possibly not comment about) any references about underwear.

You haven't indicated gender in your profile, so I am NOT about to speculate about whaqt your preferences would be (although I';d have to guess that, since they are your favorite characters, the COLOR would be either Ami blue or Makoto green. I am enjoying this story (just finished Chapter 4) and am planning on adding it (and you as the author) to my 'favorite'-s lists after finishing.

Ja ne for now, until the last chapter.

Secret Ninja Plushie chapter 10 . 11/12/2011

So I know this has been published for quite some time but i wanted to say bravo on good story telling!

Also huzzah for the Buffy reference, I absolutely adore that scene and every time it's used in a fan fiction I just get the chills and babble excitedly until I can calm down!

Again, excellent writing!

Neanda chapter 10 . 6/10/2011
I don't understand... Apparently I viewed this story before, but I never reviewed. O_o That is so unlike me.

Anyway, I read the entire story without stopping (forgoing dinner!) and I must say I was floored by the raw emotion you conveyed. As a matter of fact...I can't really fault it. XD The pain, the anxiety, the fear, and more...and the love that conquers all. *sappy grin* *cough* Grammar wise I didn't see a single mistake and your sentences were easy and pleasant to read. This, combined with the intensity of their emotions and pasts, was too much to get away from. O_O The ending also finished the story nicely, so I wasn't left with an unfulfilled feeling. :)

So to conclude this awful rant, I really, really loved this! I've read plenty of MakoAmi stories - PLENTY - but I would recommend this fanfic to anyone looking for a dramatic, romantic story starring these two. It was heartbreaking. And in the end, it glued me back together.

Ja ne!
Daniel Wesley Rydell chapter 10 . 5/31/2010
A beautiful ending to a wonderful story.
tuxjim chapter 10 . 1/17/2010
What can I was everything I would want a romance story between Ami and Makoto to be.

The 'break-up' at the start was a bit troubling to me, but you wrote succinctly, and handled the situation well. I have heard of people 'blaming' themselves for causing another's pain and doing injury to themselves as punishment for doing so. Without being graphic about it, you covered the topic succinctly.

And the ending...what better ending to a romantic story than a happy one...the two lovers united (or, in this case, re-united) and willing to love each other as they could (and should have) earlier in their lives. I myself have written a couple of Ami/Makoto fics, but do not have the 'nerve' to have them published yet. Maybe someday...

Please don't rest on THESE laurels, though. You are a very good writer, and should put more of your work out there for the rest of us to read and appreciate.

Thank you for sharing your talent with the rest of the world.

Ramanda87 chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
OMG this story was so good I loved the BTVS scene. With the exception of Sailor Moon BTVS is my fav show! thanx for the story it was really good!
Thepillows93 chapter 10 . 11/24/2007
great story, thank you
oOLucaOo chapter 10 . 7/20/2007
It's good! I read somewhere some one thought it was rushed no it's not rushed-either that or I read to fast- I loved the ending with the earrings and I loved the conflict you put between them and I love how she finally got her kiss in the rain!
von seckendorf chapter 10 . 7/7/2007
I honestly don't know what to be happier about in this chapter. The dancing, the kidnapping of Ami, the sweet music, the triumphant return of the rose earrings...I just can't decide! So I'm just going to get on with it before you chuck something large and heavy and my head for daring to leave such a unpunctual review.

First off, I can easily imagine our two titular characters in those outfits, looking drop-dead knock-'em-out gorgeous. I'm half surprised that they didn't get random people asking them just where were they planning to go dressed to kill tonight. And I enjoy how you managed to sneak in Ruka and Michi like that to perform a private concert for Ami. Although I hope you'll be so gracious as to excuse me for having "Happiness Writes White" play though my head while I read the beautiful dance scene. Blame Harvey Danger, they wrote it. XD

I absolutely adore how Ami and Makoto got one more kiss in the rain, and I wish that I could have been a better critic for this story before it was over. But it a fun, worthwhile ride and I wouldn't trade the experience for anything.

So, yes, I'm a little sad that this great story has come to an end, but as Pippi Longstocking once said, "If you never leave then you can't come back, and that would be a shame." The curtain has closed upon these delightful characters for now, but the stage is set for yet another play. Knowing you and your way of writing, I am certain that I'll enjoy it.

With well wishes to you, I close this review. As always, I am Rahu Roux, signing off.
UtsuroKuri chapter 10 . 6/26/2007
I love the story hands down! So much dramam little twists and turns. I wished your chapters could have been longer but other than that keep up the good writing!

p.s. I was listening to Kiss the Rain by Yiruma while I was reading the last chapter. lol how apporiate.
Ren XI chapter 10 . 6/4/2007
T-T End of the story D:

Still loved it! :D
Tina chapter 10 . 6/4/2007
Well, actually I am sad. Why? 'Cause it's over. Yeah I criticized you but at last it's your story and I loved your final (although I have no idea what to read now ... see, as I said it is too short ;o) ).

Love your style so much, so please continue writing.

Rahu Roux is right your talented as hell *thumbs up*

Greetings from Berlin

Neuroleptic chapter 10 . 6/4/2007
A nice happy ending. Very romantic. You did a good job describing the characters and the mood. And best of all, Makoto gets her rose earings back :)

I hope to read more stories from you in the future.