Reviews for Darkest Before Dawn
MomentousMinutiae chapter 12 . 9/5/2013
I don't usually like my stories quite this angsty, but I did enjoy it a lot and felt like in many ways you were true to the characters.
cbrendible chapter 12 . 8/12/2010
Heart and stomach in throat equals a very good and very emotional story that deserves 2 thumbs. I love it!
dhh chapter 5 . 8/24/2009
I have to say, with all your spouting about 'being in character' and all, YOUR story is TRASH and buffy is a tease and a whore and bitch and willon not in character at all and YOU really SUCK with Giles character..

Is one of the THY WORST stories I've come across and WTF is the ROMANCE genre/theme doing on the top of this story..

You really are a awful writer..
TheFabDonna chapter 12 . 6/6/2007
I know that it's probarbly totally wrong to love this, but it doesn't change the fact that I do. A LOT! Your character seem so real, and I loved the part about Dawn being Buffy/Giles baby, it makes more senese too.
mokoshna chapter 12 . 6/5/2007
I read all the chapters and although it was kind of weird (with all the drama and all), the end was incredibly cute. Good work here.
TPolTucker chapter 12 . 5/14/2007
my god, was expectin a couple more chapters to this, with those two finally lovin each other enough to get married. I loved the first one and this one. Thanks for writin them.
g120 chapter 11 . 4/9/2007
I kinda saw the Dawn reveal comming, but had no clue how. I admire how you handled it, only complaint is I wanted longer talks between B&G&D ;p
Keri McVean chapter 10 . 4/9/2007
Somehow, I thought that would happen. It's the only way that Buffy's attitude could change so much from one chapter to the next. Great build up though, and I'm glad that she's finally going to tell Giles. She should have told him from the beginning, but I can see why she didn't. I'm in great anticipation of seeing what his reaction will be. Keep them chapter's coming!
socialitegirl chapter 9 . 4/8/2007
Really great, please continue soon.
ivywatcher chapter 8 . 4/5/2007
Yay for the happyish ending!

Not yay for the sad stuff getting there. I know that Xander's reaction here was perfectly accurate. That almost makes it worse, I guess. Still, great writing and all-around smart dialogue that sounded like the characters despite the seriously AU situation. I loved the Scoobies vacating the room. You write a good Anya!

I'm interested to see where you go with this. Things could end really nice if you just called the story complete here. I'd like to see Giles a little more like himself soon.
ivywatcher chapter 7 . 4/5/2007
Buffy and Anya were...oddly perfect together. Beautiful conversation. That might be my favorite scene in the whole story to date.

I would have loved to see that Spike/Riley moment play out on screen! And Buffy and Giles falling asleep on the couch was cute. It's nice to see them sounding like themselves again, and not angsting as much.
ivywatcher chapter 6 . 4/5/2007
I gotta say, the first part of this felt pretty rushed. I get how hard it is to jump episodes (and I *totally* understand not wanting to concentrate on the whole Glory storyline yet/at all) but still, it was a little hard to track with at points. The reconciliation was good, but I would have been just as happy with it if you totally left out the convo about Dawn.

The dancing pretty much made up for that, though; it was nice for them to be almost normal again for a minute. I liked the Dawn insights too. And the comment about Riley smiling like a Golden Retriever was just perfect enough to be ingrained in my memory. Every time I see that smile now, that line will be running through my head!
ivywatcher chapter 5 . 4/5/2007
Dang. I was right about the stupid "food poisoning".

...I'm going to lynch you now. Hold still please, while I round up a few easily excitable friends and some torches.

Kidding! But seriously, depressing much? I hope you're careful with this not getting too horribly "I hate the world," though you did alright balancing it with almost-normal Buffy too. The transition to Dracula seemed a little fast to me; but that might just be my own sense of timing interfering with the words I'm reading.
ivywatcher chapter 4 . 4/5/2007
*Laughs helplessly*

The idea of Giles totally missing out on the New Man spell because he won't drink is priceless! Nice way to nod to the season continuity without rehashing the whole blasted episode piece-by-piece.

Faith is very, very mean. I would not be at all surprised if Buffy and/or Giles killed her, and I would cheer them on. The poor guy...at least he figured it out.

Jonathan's advice was great; I liked that he was still in-character. I'd very much like to see Giles back to his semi-normal self again; the destroyed-because-of-Buffy's-feelings tangent, while extremely accurate, is hard to read after a while.

...If he really does leave, I may throw a pitchfork at you. Nothing personal, but my lynching instincts are gonna surface and I can't gauruntee your protection. Just a warning. ;)
ivywatcher chapter 3 . 4/5/2007
I really hope that the food poisoning isn't a cover for anything else, because life could get a lot more complicated for poor Buffy if it is!

Honestly, I think Giles leaving the party is a lot more in-character for him than his lolling around was in the show. Oddly enough, because he's so insecure with everyone else in this story, Giles has at least managed to know himself better. It'll be interesting to see what happens; I have no doubt that Riley will be out of the picture eventually...but how many chapters will you make us wait?