Reviews for The Part You Won't Recognize
Assbutt McGee chapter 15 . 5/30
You're amazing! I usually hate stories with OC's, but i like your other stories, so I took a chance. This was amazing. The detail, even down to facial expressions was incredible. I'm very jealous of your ability to write, this was awesome.
Guest chapter 14 . 7/23/2015
I first read this story maybe a year back and saved it into my bookmarks. I've come back to it so many times I'm actually a bit horrified I've never left a review. This is one of my all time favorite fanfictions, which is saying a lot considering how much time I spend reading them. It was just so real, so unapologetically raw, it never ceases to really hit me every time. I love when Raphael is portrayed like this in stories, it isn't as easy to find as I'd like. You did an excellent job writing a version of him that fit with how he was in the series but also matured him to fit in something bigger than a kids show. Words cannot express how much this fic means to me, I cannot thank you enough for writing it.
Jegrde chapter 15 . 6/1/2015
"Oh man, I know who it is..."
"Please dont be him. Nope cant be him..."
"I KNEW IT 8V"

There was a slight Romeo and Juliet feel to the story and I basked in it. Loved it. Im basically going down your story submissions and tagging them all. x'D
TJHECTOR chapter 15 . 10/4/2014
They should make this into a movie! This is so good! Character development, suspense, romance, family relationships... It has everything. I read almost all of your tmnt stories, and I like it very much how you write Raph.
Versalcor chapter 15 . 9/14/2014
Awesome. I especially like how they get to know Raph a bit better as he lets them in.
Agnomen Loki chapter 15 . 2/13/2014
What a fracking fiction.
Raph was in character through and through, this is a work of art and you do not find many fics like this. Wonderful job x
dwds chapter 1 . 8/13/2013
Oh, my god, I read this a while ago and I can't remember if I reviewed. Then, earlier this week, I wanted to read it again (sometimes you want to relive the experience, ya know?) And, I swear to God, it took SO LONG to find it again. I rearranged the filters so many times! I searched all sorts of phrases! It took me like three hours to find it again. That shows you how much I loved this story. Your OC fit perfectly with the turtles. I never, ever thought she was awkward or useless or Mary-Sue ish. And the story was something that I don't think has ever been tackled before, and I must say you did a hell of a job keeping it alive. Thanks for sharing your work with us! :)
Flynne chapter 15 . 11/29/2012
I've been reading through your stories - very well written, very engaging, and very creative! But this one was exceptional and I had to leave a review. I really liked the discussion between Raph and Leo where Leo told him about his time away, when the realized they could relate to each other. Maybe Leo was a bit harsh on Raph after he saw the neighborhood but his reaction isn't necessarily outside the realm of possibility since he *does* see things in black-and-white. Loved the chapter where Kate talked about her block and Leo realized where he'd been wrong. I like that he was willing to learn. The whole suggestion of Kate and Raph bothered me a little at first, but then I remembered that humans and aliens had relationships all the time on "Star Trek". And then I was fine with it. (Yes, I will admit I'm a Trekkie.) ;)

I liked Kate. She was a real, three-dimensional character, NOT a Mary Sue, and very likeable. Well done with her! And I especially loved the theme that every person has value and deserves to be respected and valued. Loved it. Thanks for sharing this story!
Alex1 chapter 15 . 4/21/2012
This was an excellent story. I love stories where the turtles feel REAL, where they're living in the messy, violent, unjust real world and have to learn to understand it and deal with it. I like the idea of Raph hunting a serial killer. It feels... right.

The way you portrayed Raphael was authentic, believable, sympathetic and nuanced. Your prose is crisp and well-crafted. Your OC didn't bother me, and she actually made the story better (no small feat in fanfic). Overall, one of the better fics I've read on this site.

A few constructive comments. I do agree with a couple other reviewers that felt as though the other turtles and Splinter came out looking pretty bad. Leo has some excellent moments, but it didn't seem credible that after his years of essentially 'being like Raph' in South America that he would still have such a naive and black/white worldview. Mike and Don have pretty watered down roles. I don't think you needed to expand them to pad the story, but I could have imagined a few more reactions or conversations.

I will certainly be looking at your other fics. Thanks for a great read.
Shiroyuki9 chapter 1 . 3/2/2011
I love what you did with Raphael double education. The prime and proper one by Spliter and the darker and harcher reallities thought by life.

It adds so much dept to an already complex character. It's sheer genius.

And thank you, it's been a long time since I've a well created OC, it's quite refreshing *_*
InvisibleBrunette chapter 15 . 12/27/2010
One of the very first TMNT stories I read here on ff. net, and frankly, still one of the very best. I'm glad I got the chance to go and reread it.
Guardian Fox chapter 3 . 11/29/2010
hI, this is kind of a belated review, but I wanted to say how cool I think it is that Raph watches over these people. I thinks it gives a good back story for his attitude, and for his Brookyln accent(this is a really small reason, but i think reasons for it are significant, so it's cool that your backstory explains that as well).

So far I'm actually finding Raph very incharacter. I've been re-watching abunch of the 2003 tv series episodes again, and there are actually a lot of instances where Raph is shown to be really caring, both to people he helps or his brothers, so I think you have a wonderfully accurate characterization of him here, and I wish that more people would recognize that in him. Anyways I love this so far and can't wait to keep reading. :)
jeckel-hyde14 chapter 15 . 9/19/2010
I normally don't like oc's but you pulled it off beautifully. I believe that Raph would feel that way about where he'd belong in the human world. You really got deep into his personality. Loved it!
Raphshell chapter 1 . 9/24/2008
I just read this whole story and wow it is amazing. When I first began reading fan fic (only a couple of years ago) I didn't mind ocs, but the more of them I read the less I began to like them. Heck I've abandoned one of my own stories because I didn't like my oc, but I have to tell you, you did a fantastic job at writing kate, and the other characters in the neighborhood. They were believable, and that's a hard thing to do with ocs.

You also did an amazing job at writing Raph's character. I could definitely see him watching over them, feeling like he is a part of them. My favorite part of the story? When Raph met the neighborhood, and they accepted him as one of their own. I was so overwhelmed and joyful when I read this line "And that was how Raphael, after years of being a silent witness, finally met his block."

This is one of the best tmnt stories I have read. Heck I think that the good people over at the tmnt headquarters should pay you for this, and publish it. :)
crazy one chapter 15 . 4/22/2008
when i found myself reading parts of this for the third time, i figured that maybe, just maybe, i should put it in my favorites. :) thanks for a great fic. and don't worry about your OC, she's lovable.